March 20, 2018
DU: This Strange Hot Gimmick Comes With Ataxx
Kevin Eshbach dumped 3 Ataxx boards to help correct their documentation. Gerald Coy dumped Rev C of Strange Science (pinball game from the 80s). AeroCityMayor dumped Hot Gimmick 5 (Ver 2.04 JPN).
Update @ Haze's: Now You C Inside
Vas: The Q Factor
If you spent much time in video game arcades '90s, you're sure to have seen the QSound logo proudly displayed during the attract loop of games running on Capcom's CPS-2 and ZN-1/ZN-1 hardware platforms, and heard the distinctive jingle. But What exactly is QSound? What does it actually do? Capcom was definitely keen to promote its inclusion, but did it really give an edge in any area besides marketing? Was it worth the licensing fees they undoubtedly paid, and the precious attract loop time they spent announcing it?
Ars Technica Covers The Growing LCD Handheld Emulation Scene
March 18, 2018
Progetto-SNAPS 0.195 Update
Ready the MAME 0.195 update of "MAME progetto-SNAPS".
• It's available this folder on Mega.nz that allows individually download files to update from version to version. The folder will be temporarily available until the next update.
• The next update is scheduled for Sunday, April 15, 2018.
592 snaps and 502, icons, pictures, pdf, videos and zip downloadable here:
• Artworks: progetto-SNAPS Artworks - Packed
• Artworks: progetto-SNAPS Artworks - Single Files
• Cabinets: progetto-SNAPS Cabinets
• Covers: progetto-SNAPS Software's Covers
• Icons: progetto-SNAPS Icons Extended
• Manuals (MAME): progetto-SNAPS Manuals - Packed
• Manuals (MAME): progetto-SNAPS Manuals - Single Files
• Manuals (Software): progetto-SNAPS Software's Manuals
• Marquees: progetto-SNAPS Marquees, Logo & Backglass
• Snapshots (MAME): progetto-SNAPS Snapshots
• Snapshots (Software): progetto-SNAPS Software's Snaps
• Videosnaps (MAME): progetto-SNAPS VideoSnaps - Packed
• Videosnaps (MAME): progetto-SNAPS VideoSnaps - Single Files
• Videosnaps (HS): progetto-SNAPS VideoSnaps for HyperSpin
Artwork Preview: 10 new & 12 upd (tot. 2,785 png) UPDATE & REPACK 1 pack, 11.2Mb
Bosses: 10 new & 34 upd (tot. 1,425 png) UPDATE & REPACK 1 pack, 1.3Mb
Ends: 25 new (tot. 800 png) UPDATE & REPACK 1 pack, 784Kb
GameOver: 50 new & 1 (tot. 7,300 png) UPDATE & REPACK 1 pack, 458Kb
HowTo: 10 new (tot. 1,655 png) UPDATE & REPACK 1 pack, 160Kb
Logo: 25 new (tot. 2,300 UPDATE & REPACK 1 pack, 103Kb
Scores: 30 new (tot. 7,000 png) UPDATE & REPACK 1 pack, 302Kb
Select: 30 new (tot. 4,300 png) UPDATE & REPACK 1 pack, 530Kb
Snap: 108 new & 13 upd (tot. 38,901 png) UPDATE & REPACK 1 pack, 2.40Mb
Titles: 108 new & 11 upd (tot. 38,901 png) UPDATE & REPACK 1 pack, 3.44Mb
Versus: 5 new (tot. 1,115 png) UPDATE & REPACK 1 pack, 101Kb
Warning: 50 new (tot. 750 png) UPDATE & REPACK 1 pack, 254Kb
Other resources update:
Artworks (Original) : 11 new & 30 upd (tot. 1,089 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 179.2Mb
Cabinets: 75 new & 3 upd (tot. 5,825 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 51.6Mb
Icons Extended: 1 del, 151 new & 7 upd (tot. 34,150 ico) UPDATE 1 pack, 1.23Mb
Manuals: 25 new & 1 upd (tot. 2,475 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 163.3Mb
Marquees : 1 del, 26 new & 15 upd (tot. 4,125 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 27.3Mb
VideoSnaps (MAME/HyperSpin) : 100 new & 3 upd (tot. 5,600 mp4) UPDATE 1 pack, 274.7Mb
Software's resource update:
- archimedes (30 new png) NEW!
- archimedes_titles (30 new png) NEW!
- gamecom_manuals  (16 new pdf) NEW!
- cd32_covers (14 new & 11 upd png) UPDATE!
- cd32_manuals (14 new pdf) UPDATE!
- vectrex_covers (11 new png) NEW!
: Thanks to hap and Sean Riddle.
: Thanks to all VideoSnap Team!
... (Read More)
MAMEinfo 0.196GIT (R94403)
* Updated to MAME 0.196GIT - https://git.redump.net/mame/log/
* Added Source/Listinfo changes
* Newest Bugs (17th Mar)
* Added/Reorganized 'Recommended Games'
* Fixed MAMEinfo.dat infos
Download at: http://mameinfo.mameworld.info/
MAME Testers at: http://mametesters.org/view_all_set.php?...DESC&type=2
- New games: Big Buck Hunter - Original (v1.00.14) and Warai no Hana Tenshi (Japan)
- New Working games: Gunpey, Motor Raid - Twin, Virtua Fighter 2 and War: The Final Assault
- New Non-Working games: Badlands (Konami, set 1) and Photo Play 2004
- New clones: Badlands (Konami, set 2), Big Buck Hunter II - Sportsman's Paradise (v2.02.08), Big Buck Hunter II - Sportsman's Paradise (v2.02.09), Daytona USA (GTX 2004 Edition), Game King (EZ Pay, v4.0), Ghox (joystick, older), Irion, Master Boy (Spanish, PCB Rev A), Opa Opa (Rev A, unprotected), The Real Broadway (9131-20-00 R0C), Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (Thunder Edition, bootleg, set 2), Street Fighter III 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future (Japan 990512), Street Fighter III 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future (Japan 990608), Super Cobra (bootleg, set 2) and Super Seven
- New PinMAME games: Earthshaker (Prototype) (PA-4) and Lucky Draw (Pinball)
- New drivers: konblands.cpp and lckydraw.cpp
- New devices: pit_counter
- ADSP21062 CPU
. Added Rn = Rn FDEP Rx BY : opcode, used by Last Bronx for a vital geometrizer function (sharc\sharcops.hxx).
. Added fmul abs multi opcode (used by Gunblade NY) (sharc\compute.hxx, sharc.h and sharcops.hxx)
. Added SET_UREG case $67 (Zero Gunner 2B) (sharc\sharcops.hxx)
. Fixed LSHIFT negative operations to not extend the sign on result, fixes Last Bronx frame flickering (sharc\sharcops.hxx).
- I8051 / MCS-51 CPU: Use callbacks for parallel ports
- MB86233 CPU: Some dasm changes
- uPD7810 CPU: Dasm fix ... (Read More)
March 17, 2018
DU: Saturday Bits
Brian Troha dumped a newer version of Merit's The Real Broadway draw poker game: The Real Broadway (9131-20-00 R0C).
Corrado derived the correct clock frequencies for Sauro.
coolmod found an undumped hack of Street Fighter 2 WW.
Asure figured out some basic protection for the oldest Photo Play games mostly from the 90s.
Yes! You're not dreaming! NPlayers 0.195 is finally out!
Sorry for the long wait.
Please download it here: http://nplayers.arcadebelgium.be/
March 16, 2018
New MAME Guide At EasyEmu
After a seven year wait, I've finally finished updating the MAME guide on EasyEmu. It's completely up to date with the current version of MAME and has been totally re-written.
I'm sure it's full of spelling mistakes and inaccuracies so please leave feedback in the comments underneath if you find anything.
I hope you guys enjoy the update and any newbies, enjoy an easy guide for MAME.
Update @ Haze's: Gunpei
March 15, 2018
Vas: Let's Have Fun With DSPs (QSound WIP)
The DSP16A is an interesting chip. It's like the great granddaddy of VLIW and EPIC.
• The instruction set is explicitly parallel, and it can manage a 16*16-32 multiply, a 32+36-36 or 36+36-36 addition, a 12+12-12 addition, a 16+16-16 (9+9-9 on DSP16) addition, two 8-bit increments, a ROM fetch, and a RAM access in a single cycle. Yes, the word is "and", although there are limitations on the exact combinations you can use.
• There are effectively no general-purpose registers - every register has an assigned role, although in some cases a few registers are interchangeable (e.g. the two accumulators and four RAM pointers).
• It has dedicated silicon for saturation and rounding.
• It doesn't actually have a fused multiply/add instruction (aka FMA, multiply/accumulate, MAC) - if you issue a multiply and an add in the same instruction, the add operates on the previous multiplication's product.
• It has an on-board pseudorandom sequence generator.
• It normally overlaps the ROM fetch for the next instruction with the current instruction, but it has a manually managed 15-instruction cache in the control unit. When executing from cache, it can overlap a ROM data fetch for the next instruction with the current instruction for higher throughput. By executing a tight loop from cache, you can make a very fast FIR filter with coefficients in ROM.
• Although the DSP16 can only use internal program ROM or external program memory, but not both at the same time, the DSP16A can access external program memory while the internal ROM is enabled (QSound uses this to read sample data).
• It supports multi-master time-division multiplexed synchronous serial protocols, making it ideal for processing circuit-switched ... (Read More)
What Atari Was Really Like
March 14, 2018
DU: Some Wednesday Bits
Corrado got the Zaccaria version of Eyes for a redump.
Hammy dumped some Tank Force bootlegs.
Kevin Eshbach and Brian Troha did more work on Leland documentation which will be ongoing for a few weeks.
Sean Riddle finished the dumps of the Lets TV Play nostalgia handhelds and got them verified as good.
f205v has been getting some boards including some sort of multigame by Elsy.
March 11, 2018
CAPS0ff Update: Taito C-Chip: Data By Lobotomy
March 09, 2018
Any Millionaire Die Hard Atari Fans Out There With Cash Burning A Hole In Your Pocket?
I'd be happy to dump it and return it to you, if anyone megarich wants to buy it.
DU: Big Buck Hunter OG Version
Asure dumped hard drives of Photoplay 2006 DE IGO6 "The touch of sports" and Photoplay 2002 BE IGO2 "Fun Energy 2" and Photoplay 2007 AT IGO7 "The touch of sports" and did some work on getting other Photoplay dumps ready for MAME.
March 08, 2018
Model 2 WIP
It looks like there is some work getting done on Model 2 in MAME
DU: Humpday Dumpday
Farzeno got a very rare Data East ISA flash board that I think is from Stamp Club.
Caius dumped a new Ghox set that is a joystick version older than what is currently dumped.
Caius also dumped Super Seven:
If you want to donate toward future game buys or become a monthly helper you can check the page here:
March 07, 2018
Haze: Feeling Nostalgic
TV Games Goodness. Much thanks to Haze, Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen, and the MAME team!
Play Online Fruit Machines and UK Style Pub Slots!