July 31, 2015
MAMEworld Graphical Facelift Coming...
Hello everyone! I hope you are all enjoying a summer of gaming. This is just a message to announce that we will be experimenting with some different site graphics adjustments in the upcoming weeks. The site changes will not affect the site operation or forums - just aesthetic in nature. We will be attempting to "clean up" the front page layout a bit and mostly moving the content on the sides to a single drop down menu on the top. We are doing these changes for several reasons including the ability to have the site be more "responsive" on numerous devices that are popular such as tablets and phones - in order to do this we need to move things around a bit and do some cleaning up. As always, I welcome any feedback - please send me a PM through the site. Looking forward to modernizing the site a bit and stay tuned for some forthcoming initiatives aimed at driving more traffic to our site and community. www.mameworld.info
July 30, 2015
History.dat 1.64 for MAME 0.164 available
Update for 0.164 version, this is the web page for download: progetto-SNAPS MESSINFO.DAT.
Clean version with no additional files, can be found here: progetto-SNAPS Naked MESSINFO.DAT.
* 9.15 30/07/2015: Aligned files to 0.164 version. Updated this files: 'sourcechanges.txt', 'changelog.txt', 'alltimesMESS.txt', 'Drivers SVN...txt', 'supportedMEDIA.txt' and 'Index of Devices'. Updated the SVN until July 29, 2015 (r40040). Added other authors (91% right); fixed various typo errors.
MAMEUIFX 0.164 FIX
MAMEUIFX 0.164 FIX released.
Quick bugfix release
* Changelog from 0.164:
- Fixed wrong Parent/Clone relationship detection in the Interface (As reported by israelg at MAMEWorld)
- Fixed High CPU Usage at Startup and when doing an "Audit All ROMs" scan (As reported by haynor666)
Sorry for the troubles guys... Have a good weekend.
A new version (for MAME Arcade 0.164) available here: pS Series.ini Page.
Entries RENAMED: (bublbob2) to (bublbob2o), (ghunter) to (ghunters), (mj2) to (2j2g), (mj2f) to (mj2), (quizard) to (quizard3_32), (quizrd12) to (quizard_12), (quizrd17) to (quizard_17), (quizrd18) to (quizard), (quizrd22) to (quizard2_22), (quizrd23) to (quizard2), (quizrd34) to (quizard3), (quizrr40) to (quizard4_40), (quizrr41) to (quizard4_41) and (quizrr42) to (quizard4).
Series ADDED: Galaxy Force.
Series UPDATED: Bubble Bobble, Crime Fighters, Final Fight, Empire City, Heavy Barrel, Mortal Kombat, NBA Jam, NFL Blitz, Quizard, Run and Gun, Scramble, The Rumble Fish, X-Men.
Haze - MAME 0.164 - Some Highlights
Ready the new version (0.46 for MAME 0.164) available here: pS Languages.ini Page.
* 0.46 0.164 30/07/2015: Added 0.164 sets.
Category.ini And Version.ini 0.164
Available the packages containing the files:
- Version.ini (for MAME - arcade and full - and MESS + 'mess.ini' and 'arcade.ini')
- Category.ini (for MESS - home and full)
aligned to the 0.164 version.
You can download inside the new renameSET.dat package, or separately at the same link.
Ready the new progetto-SNAPS renameSET.dat 0.164 for MAME Arcade and MESS.
* 3.41 2015/07/29: Added 0.164, update 'allMAMErenames.txt', 'renameSET.ini', 'addMAME' and 'addMESS'. 'version_arcade.ini', 'version_full.ini', 'mess.ini', 'arcade.ini', 'category_full.ini', 'category_home.ini' and 'version.ini'.
fixed: nspirit nodump hashcollision issue which was a sideeffect of the 4.020 hashcollision fix
July 29, 2015
MEWUI 1.64 (MAME 0.164) released!
1.64 - 29.07.2015
- Added "Not Support Save" - "No CHD" - "Not Use Samples" filters in main list.
- Added signs to identify filters active in custom list.
- Added ability to save multiple files for exported lists.
- Added palette submenu in colors UI customization.
- Added toolbar (with tooltip) in main and softwares lists.
(icons taken from http://www.icojam.com/ public domain packages)
- Added custom filter to software lists.
- Added selection menu for multiple software parts.
- Fixed favorites handling (* need to re-create lists from scratch to avoid crash *).
MAMEUIFX 0.164 released.
Updated to MAME 0.164
* Changelog from 0.163:
- Added support in Interface for ProgettoSnaps Movies
- Added to Interface new option "Show confirmation dialog on exit"
- Added game Resolution and Refresh Rate info to the Interface Statusbar
- Added Savestate and Dumping Status folder to the Interface
- Added new OpenGL Shaders properties page to the Interface
- Changed Background Color of all dialogs in the Interface. XP Silver style color is used
- Fixed Background Color painting in the Interface game Picture Area
- Fixed display of Japanese Text in the Interface game Info Area
- Fixed with an hack MAMETESTERS bug ID 04701 (blandia: Graphic garbage)
- Removed terrible DIRECTORIES.INI hack from Interface source code
More details at website homepage, where you can follow links to all changes made posted in the forum.
MAMEUI64 .164 Released W/ Snaps & Icons
* Updated to MAME 0.164 - http://git.redump.net/mame/log/
* Added Source/Listinfo changes
* Newest Bugs (29th Jul)
* Added Unit3D Pinball and Kawaks v1.64 Emulator infos
* Added/Fixed 'Recommended Games'
* Fixed MAMEinfo.dat infos
Download at: http://mameinfo.mameworld.info/
MAME Testers at: http://mametesters.org/view_all_set.php?...DESC&type=2
- New games: The Dealer (Visco), Gaia - The Last Choice of Earth, Mahjong Gorgeous Night (Japan, TSM003-01), Mahjong Magic Lamp, Mahjong Super Dai Chuuka Ken (Japan, D115), Monkey Magic and The Round Up
- New Working games: 1942 (Tecfri PCB, bootleg?), Spatter (315-5099), Virtual Pool (?) and Top Landing
- New Non-Working games: Aqua Stage, Mahjong Shuang Long Qiang Zhu 3 (China, VS107C), NBA Showtime Gold / NFL Blitz 2000 (ver 3.0) (Sports Station?) and Sega Network Taisen Mahjong MJ 3 Evolution
- New clones: Ave Fenix (Laguna, Spanish bootleg of Phoenix), Bubble Bobble II (Ver 2.6O 1994/12/16), California Speed (Version 1.0r8 Mar 10 1998, GUTS Mar 10 1998 / MAIN Mar 10 1998), Crush Roller (Famaresa PCB), Final Fight (bootleg on Final Crash PCB), Galaxy Force 2 (Super Deluxe unit), Gang Hunter / Dead Angle, Hana to Ojisan [BET] (ver 1.00, 1991/08/23), Hot Chase (set 2), Hot Rod (Japan, 4 Players, Floppy Based, Rev C), Indianapolis (bootleg of Turbo), Jumping (set 3, Imnoe PCB), Karate Blazers (bootleg), Maya (set 4, clean), Midnight Resistance (Joystick bootleg), Mortal Kombat (Yawdim bootleg, set 4), NFL Blitz '99 (ver 1.2, Aug 28 1998), Phoenix (Assa, Spanish bootleg), Power Spikes (Italian bootleg), PuzzLove (Korea), Quizard (v1.0), R&T (Rod-Land prototype?), Road Blasters (upright, German, rev ?), The Rumble Fish 2 (prototype), Run and Gun (ver EAA 1993 9.10, prototype?), Shinobi (Datsu bootleg, set 2), Sunset Riders (4 Players ver JAD), Super Cobra (Stern Electronics) (encrypted, KONATEC XC-103SS CPU), ... (Read More)
MESSUI now comes with Arcade and MESS as standard. New filters have been added so you can turn it into arcade-only, MESS-only, or both at any time.
The command-line MESS (with NEWUI) is still MESS-only, as before.
• NEWUI - Devices dropdown menu has been renamed to Media
• MESSUI - Software location per driver is now kept in game.ini instead of messui.ini
• MESSUI - Multiple directories for snapshots, titles, marquees, cabinets, pcbs, control panels.
• MESSUI - Renamed Picker tab to SW Files, and added multiple directory support.
• MESSUI - Renamed Software tab to SW Items.
• MESSUI - Fixed a problem with software-list titles and snaps sometimes not showing.
• MESSUI - Added back the Samples column.
• MESSUI - Made the directory dialogs open where the files are expected to be.
• MESSUI - Added arcade and mess filters.
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
- 01444: [Sound] (seta2.c) gundamex: The music is only emitted from the right channel. (system11)
- 01943: [Sound] (seta2.c) pzlbowl: Right heavy stereo balance. (system11)
- 05981: [Graphics] (aerofgt.c) turbofrc: Sprite priority bugs in some stages (MAMEsick)
- 04405: [Graphics] (seta.c) tndrcade + others: Offset issues in seta drivers (MAMEsick)
- 04877: [Graphics] (seta.c) usclssic: Graphics are shifted. (MAMEsick)
- 00317: [Graphics] (seta.c) daioh: On the attract mode screen with the earth down,
there is a glitchy line at the bottom and the explosion is glitched. (MAMEsick)
- 05959: [Sound] (alpha68k.c) kyros, kyrosj: A few sound FX are missing (MAMEsick)
- 05968: [Graphics] (hornet.c) gradius4, nbapbp: Most of colours are completly wrong (MooglyGuy)
- 05318: [Crash/Freeze] (djmain.c) bm1stmix and other: Error on loading CHD / disk error (peterferrie)
- 04918: [Flip Screen/Cocktail] (dooyong.c) gulfstrm, lastday and clones: Screen slightly
offset left when flipped (Osso)
- 05711: [Graphics] (msx.c) cf3300, expertdp, svi738 (and possibly all MSX and MSX2):
[possible] The MSX demo "Riyadh by Bandwagon" does not works properly. (Wilbert Pol)
- 05949: [Crash/Freeze] (msx.c) expert11 [hero]: H.E.R.O. - Game does not start anymore (Wilbert Pol)
- 05986: [Core] (msx.c) All sets in msx.c: Cartridge mapper not detected using Full Path (Wilbert ... (Read More)
July 26, 2015
Luca's Latest Low-level Programming...
Gorgeous girls at Luca's Place :
July 23, 2015
KQED Radio Broadcast 4pm Today. "Are Vintage Arcade Games A Good Investment?"
KQED NPR Marketplace radio discussion:
4:00pm Pacific Time San Francisco Bay Area
You can listen to it via the KQED App and or with tunein.
Hopefully they'll get into the value of the more rare titles
A pac-man wouldn't be much of an investment but I know a
Tank 8 sold for over 10k. Good Investment.
Haze: Dirty Hot Rod
July 17, 2015
PinMAME For IPAC Ultimate I/O
I did the PinMAME-HW project back in 2004. I recently learned about the IPAC Ultimate I/O and thought it would be a great way to simplify the project at a reasonable cost. I just finished coding up PinMAME for IPAC Ultimate IO. The purpose of this is to revive my Baby Pacman machine. I really don't like the idea of paying $300+ for 35 year old boards that are going to crap out regularly, so I modified PinMAME to control the I-PAC Ultimate I/O board.
PinMAME for the Ultimate I/O automatically maps all lamps and solenoids to the 96 LED outputs. It maps the switches to the keyboard inputs. With a simple add-on driver board for the solenoids, replacing all the #555 bulbs with LED bulbs, and a PC, you have everything you need to completely replace the original hardware.
I've been testing with my Ultimate IO and it seems to be controlling all 96 outputs perfectly. I'm very pleased. The Ultimate IO is great!
If anyone is interested in doing something like this, please let me know. If there is enough interest, I will post the source and binary and write up some instructions for use. I may be the only one interested in this, so I'm not going to waste my time making it easy if I'm the only one using it. This can probably control just about any pinball machine that PinMAME supports as it is... but I have only tested it with Baby Pac. Of course, the scoreboards are not supported for other pinball machines, which is why ... (Read More)
Play Online Fruit Machines and UK Style Pub Slots!