June 28, 2017
It's ready the new progetto-SNAPS renameSET.dat 0.187 for MAME.
* 3.83 2017/06/28: Added 0.187 infos, also update all the other files of the pack.
DU: Don't Call It A Donkey Kong Ripoff You Son Of A Logger
Andrew Welburn and Craig Anstett dumped rev 2 of Logger, apparently much different from the version in MAME.
MAMEUI64 .187 Released W/ Snaps & Icons
[update] Snaps/Icons available.
Thanks to Robbbert for the .exe.
* Updated to MAME 0.187 - https://git.redump.net/mame/log/
* Added Source/Listinfo changes
* Newest Bugs (28th Jun)
* Added/Reorganized 'Recommended Games'
* Fixed MAMEinfo.dat infos
Download at: http://mameinfo.mameworld.info/
MAME Testers at: http://mametesters.org/view_all_set.php?...DESC&type=2
- New games: Jump Kun (prototype), Sel-Jan [BET], Victory (Comsoft) and Waku Waku Ultraman Racing
- New Working games: Treasure Island (DECO Cassette) (Region D)
- New Non-Working games: Bel Slots Export (5.01), Big Deal Belgien (5.04), Ez2dancer 2nd Move, Jack Potten's Poker (set 10, ICP-1 PCB), Percussion Freaks 5th Mix (G*B05 VER. KAA), Pingu's Ice Block, Quingo Export (5.00) and Ron II Mah-Jongg
- New clones: Animal Basket (19 Jan 2005), The Bounty (set 2), Burnin' Rubber (DECO Cassette) (Japan), Danger Track (Rally X bootleg), E-Swat - Cyber Police (bootleg, set 2), Forty-Love (Japan), Gingateikoku No Gyakushu (bootleg set 3), Graplop (DECO Cassette) (Japan), Guerrilla War (Version 1, set 2), Lock'n'Chase (DECO Cassette) (Japan), Mach-9 (bootleg of Vulgus), Macross II (Korea), Marchen Maze (Japan, hack?), Money Money (set 2), Motor Raid - Twin/DX, New Century (Spanish bootleg of Scramble), Offensive (Spanish bootleg of Scramble), Operation Thunderbolt (Japan, SC), OutRun 2 Special Tours (Japan) (GDX-0011), Palamedes (US), Pengo (set 5), Power Instinct (USA, prototype), Pro Tennis (DECO Cassette) (Japan), Spectar (revision 2, bootleg), Tehkan World Cup (set 4, earlier?), Time Killers (v1.32I) and Victory (Comsoft) (bootleg)
- New TourVision games (Softwarelist: ... (Read More)
And now for something completely different: our midyear MAME release. The most notable new working machines are beloved Game & Watch titles Donkey Kong Jr. (new wide screen) and Mario Bros., and the ultra-rare Kaneko prototype Jump Kun (thanks ShouTime). There are also some newly supported clones of existing systems, like additional versions of DECO Cassette games (including the more Puck-Man-like Japanese version of Lock'n'Chase), Spanish bootlegs of Rally X and Scramble, a Korean release of Macross II with Japanese text removed (to meet "cultural import" restrictions), and a simplified version of Operation Thunderbolt for smaller cabinets in shopping centres aimed at younger children.
Another very exciting development in this release is support for running original protection programs for a number of games using MC68705P5 microcontrollers. A technique to exploit glitches and read the programs out of a protected MC68705P5 with reasonable success rate was discovered, and brizzo built a device implementing it. Games now using real protection programs include Get Star, Chack'n Pop, Rumba Lumber, Onna Sanshirou (Typhoon Gal), Field Day, Prebillian and others. Some of these games were known to be using poor simulation, so improvements to gameplay can be expected.
Other improvements include support for a MIDI output card on the Sharp X68000 (allows game soundtracks to be played through an external synthesizer), English BIOS support for the Sega VMU, fixes for several xBR shaders with bgfx, working Dragon 64 Plus and Goupil G1/G2 support, Tandy CoCo Speech/Sound Cartridge support, and a big update to the Interpro driver.
Of course there's more, which you can experience when you get the source/Windows binaries from the download page. Thanks for being part of the MAME community.
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
• 03041: [Graphics] (starshp1.cpp) starshp1, starshpp: Speed and graphics information from the real machine (Frank Palazzolo)
• 03585: [Gameplay] (norautp.cpp) norautp, norautjp: Readout Switch (AJR)
• 06479: [Sound] (kchamp.cpp) kchampvs, kchampvs2, karatevs: ADPCM samples are distorted (AJR)
• 06594: [Misc.] isa_ibm_mda: Typo on the "isa_ibm_mda" set description (Robbbert)
• 06599: [Sound] (zaxxon.cpp) ixion, razmataz: Missing sound (AJR)
• 06603: [Documentation] (odyssey2.cpp) jopac: In the description there are two useless spaces at the beginning (Tafoid)
• 06612: [Interface] (a7800.cpp) a7800.ccp: Machine inputs broken (Ivan Vangelista)
• 06614: ... (Read More)
June 27, 2017
DU: Fisco 400
Andy Welburn dumped Taito's 1977 multiplayer racing game Fisco 400
DU Fundraiser: Time Limit
Shoutime can pick up a Time Limit (Chuo 1983) board to dump the proms in order to fix the colors in MAME for $700. If you want to help out send him a donation with a note saying "Time Limit". If you have his paypal already you can go ahead and send it, or send me a private message and I'll tell you what it is. Do not send donations for this board to me.
This is what it would look like with correct colors:
June 26, 2017
Prototype Samurai Spirits Artwork
In case Neogeo fans are interested, Brian Hargrove bought some prototype Samurai Spirits artwork and is scanning some of it
Art Scans @system11
June 25, 2017
Missed News From This Development Cycle: Atari Starship-1 (Frank Palazzolo)
Missed news from this development cycle:
June 2nd 2017: Frank Palazzolo is back in MAME development mode and taking a detailed look at the Atari Starship 1 driver:
This blog post covers the following:
June 24, 2017
Haze: Toning Down The Waka Waka
DU: Block Pong Pong
farzeno got Block Pong Pong
DU: The Kings Of Street Fighter II Don't Stop Til We Get Them All
Shoutime dumped Street Fighter II 911210 (Japan) which is marked as Rev L and got information that my 920312 (Japan) dump is Rev M and Capcom sometimes got lazy with keeping rom stickers updated.
June 22, 2017
Haze: Fall Of The M68705
DU: A-1 Supply Isn't Just An Impressive Stock Of Steak Sauce
Porchy dumped an unknown game that uses an Intel 4040 and apparently fits into the a1supply driver
DU: Keep It Discrete (I Guess This Will Be Updated A Few Times)
teeray dumped Atari LeMans
Mike Salay dumped Atari/Kee Games Trak 10/Formula K
Ed Fries dumped Atari/Kee Games Trak 20/Twin Racer
Ed Fries dumped Atari Qwak
Ed Fries dumped Kee Games Tank
June 20, 2017
DU: So Many MCUs I Don't Know What To Do's (Updated With Better Categories And New Game)
Shoutime dumped the following MCUs with brizzo's custom 68705 dumper hardware:
TAITO ARKANOID V2.1 MCU (Japan)
D.R. KOREA TETRIS MCU (Korea)
TAITO ARKANOID V1 MCU (Japan/US/WORLD)
TAITO SLAP FIGHT JAMMA Version MCU (Japan)
TAITO FRONTLINE MCU
TAITO ELEVATOR ACTION MCU (Japan)
TAITO TOURNAMENT ARKANOID MCU (US)
TOAPLAN GETSTAR MCU (Japan) [also for GUARDIAN (US)]
TECHNOS JAPAN XAIN'D SLEENA MCU (Japan)
TOAPLAN TIGER HELI MCU (Japan)
TAITO PUZZNIC MCU (Japan)
TECHNOS JAPAN Nekketsu Kouha Kunio--kun MCU (Japan)
Seibu Kaihatsu EMPIRE CITY 1931 MCU (Japan)
TAITO SCRAMBLE FORMATION/TOKIO MCU (Japan/US/WORLD)
KANEKO PREBILLIAN MCU (Japan)
TAITO The Fairyland Story MCU (Japan/World)
TAITO THE LEGEND OF KAGE YM2203 Version MCU (Japan/US/World
TAITO TYPHOON GAL MCU (Japan)
TAITO BUGGY CHALLENGE MCU (US/World)
TOAPLAN RETURN OF THE INVADERS MCU (Japan/World)
TAITO KICK START MCU (Japan)
The Undoukai/Field Day MCU (Japan/World)
SJ TAITO SEA FIGHTER POSEIDON MCU (Japan)
TAITO FORTY-LOVE 40-0 MCU (Japan/World)
TAITO Chack'n Pop MCU (Japan)
TAITO METAL SOLDIER ISAAC II MCU (Japan)
TAITO RUMBA LUMBER MCU (Japan)
These are totally new game dumps on top of it:
KANEKO JUMP-kun (Japan, Prototype)
TAITO FORTY-LOVE 40-0 (Japan)
ATLUS POWER INSTINCT Location Test Version (US, Prototype)
Ironically this first one doesn't have a 68705.
June 18, 2017
Progetto-SNAPS 0.186 Update
Ready the MAME 0.186 (minor) update of "MAME progetto-SNAPS".
It's available this folder on Mega.co.nz that allows individually download files to update from version to version. The folder will be temporarily available until the next update.
From this update, the "All Project" dat to test, also has control over the SHA1 as well as CRC32, as suggested by newuzer.
There is no new HBMAME in this cycle but, as suggested by BigKarnak, I found the time to add a specific "version.ini" for that emulator. You can find it here.
1,123 snaps and 29 zip downloadable here:
• Artworks: progetto-SNAPS Artworks
• Snapshots (MAME): progetto-SNAPS Snapshots
• Snapshots (Software): progetto-SNAPS Software's Snaps
Artwork Preview: 15 new (tot. 2,655 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 2.78Mb
Bosses: 10 new & 2 upd (tot. 1,335 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 244Kb
Ends: 25 new (tot. 575 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 339Kb
GameOver: 75 new & 5 upd (tot. 6,875 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 856Kb
HowTo: 15 new (tot. 1,560 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 226Kb
Logo: 50 new & x upd (tot. 1,900 UPDATE 1 pack, 403Kb
Scores: 45 new & 1 upd (tot. 6,745 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 788Kb
Select: 35 new & 2 upd (tot. 4,070 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 1.21Mb
Snap: 3 del, 136 new & 51 upd (tot. 37,989 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 3.81Mb
Titles: 3 del 136 new & 17 upd (tot. 37,989 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 2.96Mb
Titles Software : 501 png
Versus: 3 new (tot. 1,090 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 163Kb
Other resources update:
Artworks (WideScreen) : 25 new & 4 upd (tot. 550 zip) UPDATE 1 pack, 96.7Mb
Software's resource update :
- megadriv_titles (1 upd & 500 new png) UPDATE!
: Thanks to Ashurax, Krakerman, AlexDC22, griffin518 and Grizz.
: Who wants to participate in the realization of snaps for some software lists, here is the link to a shared folder, with the snap of the lists to be done: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0...eVE?usp=sharing
If you want to support my work, ... (Read More)
The Return Of The Japump
Allow me to tell you a Tale of The Guru, Samurais & some Monkey Magic. The reason for this very long story is simply to forward the preservation agenda in Japan where collectors and preservationists alike have been isolated from MAME.
We all know that Team Japump was removed from the DU due to what happened with Monkey Magic and that they stopped contributing to the Western community some time ago. They have long been vilified as hoarders and the like. Once upon a time in the late 90s and early 2000s, Japanese collectors and developers alike contributed to MAME but something happened and almost all contributions came to a halt...
Fast forward to 2016
Last summer, I had become aware of the 68705 MCU dumper that brizzo had developed with others and volunteered to test the product as I had a dead MCU on a Get Star (bought from The Guru who claimed it worked but was actually faulty...) & wanted to revive it. After successfully dumping the 68705 from a working Get Star, I had notified brizzo that I own many PCBs that used this as a security device and that we should go about dumping all of them. Around this time, I coincidentally bumped into Yohji in Akihabara and caught up with him regarding the latest preservation news. Hearing that I dumped the 68705 piqued his interest as his group, Game Preservation Society (a registered NPO in Japan), had been trying to engineer tech to do just this but had not found any success. I did not initially understand why he was so keen on it until he told me the tale of Team Japump and the incident that would stop all contributions from ... (Read More)
Play Online Fruit Machines and UK Style Pub Slots!