December 17, 2014
GameEx Version 14 - GameEx Online Now Available
GameEx version 14
* GameEx Online, part of GameEx Evolution.
* For those eligible to a free upgrade to GameEx Evolution.
* Access at http://online.gameex.com from any device anywhere with no configuration required.
* Browse all your games by genre, company, decade and more.
* Launch and exit your games in GameEx from and device.
* View your favourites, the same game on other systems or have GameEx Online recommend new games for you that are popular with other users.
* Shutdown and control volume and exit and start GameEx.
* Full online Setup Wizard and completely configure GameEx and apply and restart.
* Game cards and social media posting.
* List management and database and rating editing coming soon.
* Remotely stream all your videos, music and ebooks to any device at any location with no router configuration required.
* Request remote assistance and send invitations to others to help and gain access.
* This is a complete server solution. No router or firewall configuration required.
* Access from Hong Kong, New York, or Timbuktu.
* The future and will be in active development. Expect more features soon.
* New GameEx Databases thanks to Flash:
* Total rebuild of ScummVM database, now complete as of V1.7, to support the new ScummVMDC tool.
* New ScummVM config creator included with install.
* Rebuild of NES database, though needs a lot of manual editing.
* Rebuild of VCS database.
* Massive work on SNES database.
* All other databases have had large updates and changes.
* Additional databases added for many other ... (Read More)
December 16, 2014
Progetto-SNAPS 0.156 Update Part 1 of 2 (MAME)
Ready the first 0.156 update of "progetto-SNAPS", Part 1 of 2 (MAME):
398 snaps plus 53 pictures and pdf, downloadable here:
Snapshots: progetto-SNAPS Snapshots
Cabinets: progetto-SNAPS Cabinets
Icons (Unofficial): progetto-SNAPS MAMU_ Unofficial Page
Manuals: progetto-SNAPS Manuals
Here's the summary (10 packs, 14.5Mb):
Artwork Preview: 50 new & 9 upd (tot. 1,800 png) 1 pack, 10.0Mb
Bosses: 5 new (tot. 1,030 png) 1 pack, 150.0Kb
GameOver: 50 new & 3 upd (tot. 5,575 png) 1 pack, 782.0Kb
HowTo: 10 new & 2 upd (tot. 1,340 png) 1 pack, 151.0Kb
Logo: 20 new & 1 upd (tot. 1,275 png) 1 pack, 99.5Kb
Scores: 30 new & 2 upd (tot. 6,000 png) 1 pack, 418.0Kb
Select: 10 new & 7 upd (tot. 3,580 png) [1 pack, 337Kb
Snap: 2 del, 87 new & 17 upd (tot. 30,762 png) 1 pack, 1.37Mb
Titles: 2 del, 87 new & 5 upd (tot. 30,762 png) 1 pack, 1.04Mb
Versus: 3 del & 3 new (tot. 965 png) 1 pack, 95.0Kb
Other resources (6 packs, 127Mb):
Cabinets*: 10 new & 13 upd (tot. 3,310 png) 1 pack, 9.59Mb
Icons**: 23 new & 18 upd (tot. 23,390 png) 1 pack, 703Kb
Manuals: 30 new (tot. 1,800 png) 4 packs, 117Mb
*: For this update, many thanks to Janez.
**: These icons are not new; they are generic ones created by MAMU_; on my site is not possible to download the complete package. The official icons you can download from here: http://icons.mameworld.info/ (latest official update: 0.145u4).
Have also been updated:
- The MAMEUI page: progetto-SNAPS MAMEUI Museum
- renameSET.dat 0.156: progetto-SNAPS renameSET.dat (MAME/MESS)
- languages.ini 0.156: progetto-SNAPS languages.ini
- Samples 0.156: progetto-SNAPS Official Samples Page
- series.ini 0.156: progetto-SNAPS series.ini
If you want to support my work, you can make small donations via PayPal.
To report errors, use the following thread: http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...p;vc=1&new=
December 12, 2014
Robotron Tie-Die Romset To Be Released In 2015
Thanks rtw for the news.
December 09, 2014
Inventor Ralph Baer, The 'Father Of Video Games,' Dies At 92
"Ralph H. Baer, the man widely acknowledged as the "father of home video games" for his pioneering work in electronics and television engineering, died on Saturday at his home in Manchester, N.H."
December 08, 2014
Flyer Fever Update
• Big Pro Wrestling, The (aka Tag Team Wrestling) - Data East (1983) [Technos Japan license]
• Cosmic Monsters - Universal (1979)
• Gardia - Sega/Coreland (1986)
• Ice Climber / Excite Bike - Nintendo (1985)
• Liberation (aka Dual Assault) - Data East (1984)
• Oozumou The Grand Sumo - Data East (1984) [DECO Cassette System]
• Root Beer Tapper - Sega (1984) [Bally Midway license]
• Sky Smasher - Taito (1990) [Nihon System license]
• Syusse Oozumou - SNK (1984) [Technos Japan license]
• Wily Tower (aka Atomic Boy) - Irem (1984/1985)
• Majestic Twelve: The Space Invaders Part IV - Taito (1990)
• Mizubaku Daibouken (aka Liquid Kids) - Taito (1990)
• Yuuyu no Quiz de GO! GO! - Taito (1991)
November 30, 2014
List Of Remaining Site Issues
This is going to be a running list of the site problems until it's all fixed, reply with whatever is missing or fixed and I'll keep it updated.
Last edit: Dec. 19
-My Home / Subscribe / Unsubscribe options are broken, sometimes you don't receive email notifications and sometimes you do only after a long delay (like 8 hours)
-Everybody's ftp access is broken
-Attachments are broken, when I attach a file to a post it calls it a 0 size file and if you click the link to it you get a 404 Not Found error
-Admin/Show Admin Log (admin only logs that keep track of important things) gives a message of "Admin logging has not been setup properly"; there may be other admin options unavailable as well
A new version available here (for MAME 0.156): pS Series.ini Page.
Entries RENAMED: (clubk2kf) to (clubk2kp), (futaribl) to (futariblj), (pbst30b) to (pbst30a) and (sf2mdtc) to (sf2b).
Series ADDED: Rad Action.
Series UPDATED: After Burner, Arkanoid, Battle Garegga, Breakout, Club Kart, Darius, Donkey Kong, Dragon World, Knights of Valour, Kung-Fu Master, Oriental Legend, Megatouch, Phoenix, Player's Edge, Play Girls, Pop'n Music, Raiden, Space Invaders, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Tetris, Tron.
November 29, 2014
A new version (0.38 for MAME 0.156) available here: pS Languages.ini Page.
* 0.38 0.156 29/11/2014: Added 0.156 sets.
MAMEUIFX 0.156 released
Updated to MAME 0.156
* Changelog from 0.155:
- Added new Toolbar Icon to switch on the fly between "Normal" and "Grouped" View in the gamelist
- Fixed MAMEUIFX bug in MIDAS.C driver (black screen in game as reported at MAMEItalia Forum)
- Removed very old hack in TWIN16.C driver (no more needed)
- Tweaked refresh rate in CAVE.C driver to a more reasonable value
A bit late, but enjoy as always.
November 28, 2014
Update for 0.156 version, this is the web page for download: progetto-SNAPS MESSINFO.DAT.
Clean version with no additional files, can be found here: progetto-SNAPS Naked MESSINFO.DAT.
* 8.12 28/11/2014: Aligned files to 0.156 version. Updated this files: 'sourcechanges.txt', 'changelog.txt', 'alltimesMESS.txt' and 'Drivers SVN...txt' and 'supportedMEDIA.txt'. Updated the SVN until November 26, 2014 (r33555). Updated presence of software lists (64% right). Updated 'Index of Devices'.
* 8.11 24/11/2014: Added 'supportedMEDIA' file.
* 8.10 23/11/2014: Updated the SVN until November 21, 2014 (r33482). Corrected some minor errors.
MEWUI 1.56 Released
MEWUI 1.56 (MAME / MESS / UME) released!
1.56 - 27.11.2014
* Support icons with transparency.
* Loading icons in non-Windows systems.
* Reduced initial readings from disk (MESS / UME).
* Wrong reselection last loaded system (MESS / UME).
* Updated to MAME / MESS / UME 0.156.
Ready the new progetto-SNAPS renameSET.dat 0.156 for MAME and MESS.
- 3.29 2014/11/20: Added 'addMAME' and 'addMESS' files.
- 3.30 2014/11/27: Added 0.156, update 'allMAMErenames.txt', 'renameSET.ini', 'addMAME' and 'addMESS'.
November 27, 2014
New versions of NPlayers and NPlayers32 (Multiplayer.ini) are available for MAME and MAMEUI 0.156.
Get these files at http://nplayers.arcadebelgium.be/
Emu Loader v7.7.2 Released
New version with support for MAME 0.156.
Since I can't access EL's FTP (timeout error 10060), please go to this thread to download files from MEGA links.
* Updated to MAME 0.156 (git.redump.net\mame)
* Added Source/Listinfo changes
* Newest Bugs (26th Nov)
* Added missing CHD infos (thanks to Marco Tucceri)
* Fixed MAMEinfo.dat infos
Download Link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/w6u5sl
MAME Testers at: http://mametesters.org/view_all_set.php?...DESC&type=2
"Theory is when you know everthing but nothing works. Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and no one knows why."
* Fixed crash at start for svision / advision / gameking, when started without a cartridge
November 26, 2014
MAMEUI64 .156 And Snaps/Icons Released
MAME And MESS 0.156
Look Up... Up... It's Super Duck
by total chance I ran across an eBay auction for an unknown Comad game. System11 being a collector of Comad games snapped it up and dumped it once it got in his hands.
Haze went to work in a mater of a hour or two it was up and running!! An original game from Comad....
Using Tinypic for now:
DU: Cute Fighters, Super Duck, Henry Explorers
system11 got Cute Fighter (rare 1998 Semicom sequel to SD Fighters) and Super Duck (rare Comad game from 1992) and Shoutime got Henry Explorers (alt/Japan? version of Crypt Killer). Haze will probably have pics of the first 2 on his blog soon, not sure.
Play Online Fruit Machines and UK Style Pub Slots!