May 28, 2015
Clrmamepro 4.019a Released
misc: updated engine.cfg to support MAME .162 (the emulator formerly known as MAME and MESS). You can ignore possible prompts regarding engine.cfg changes, they are normal and they only appear once per profile. The default entry MAME will now work for MAME >= .162. There is a new entry at the end of the list for MAME < 162 if you got the need to read in an old MAME binary. The OLD_MAME entry is for MAME < .84 where -listxml was not supported. Actually engine.cfg is an old quick way to support binaries which only have some output elements renamed and after my summer holiday I might think of a more generic or auto-detect way..but for now it is working fine. This change only affects direct import from the MAME binary. Reading in datfiles will still look at "game" and not "machine" elements.
fixed: game name check might produce a wrong warning for full merged chd sets where the parent does not have chds
fixed: sampleclones check for sample-only sets fails and reports missing sets
Emu Loader v7.8.1 Released
New build compatible with MAME v0.162. You can create MAME games lists again.
More details at http://emuloader.mameworld.info
MEWUI 1.62 Released
-= Release Notes =-
1.62 - 28.05.2015
- Updated to MAME 0.162.
From this release will be available only MAME (ex UME) version, which includes both ARCADES and SYSTEMS.
You can switch from one version to another via the internal interface (with one click).
Given the many changes in the code, it is recommended to unzip the package into a new folder to avoid conflicts with the previous version.
Last Second DU Fundraiser
We are trying to bid on an extremely pricey old game and need all the help we can get. I can let you know the name of the game, the current situation and a link to the game on the undumped wiki in a private message. Right now I'm just looking for pledges because we might not be able to win and I don't want to do refunds. The money will be going to Shoutime. Send me a PM if you can help.
Thanks so far:
May 27, 2015
MAMEUIFX 0.162 released.
Updated to MAME 0.162
* Changelog from 0.161:
- Enabled again support for old DIRECTINPUT 7 to increase compatibility with GUI and gamepads
- Attempt to fix MAMETESTERS bug ID 05939 (prehisle: Wrong speed )
NOTE: MAMEUIFX is compiled with ARCADES ONLY support, MESS part of the project is excluded and not available.
Enjoy. There may be bugs.
MAMEUI64 .162 With Icons/Snaps Released
WolfMAME 0.162 Released
WolfMAME 0.162 released
* Updated to MAME 0.162: http://git.redump.net/mame/log/
* Added Source/Listinfo changes
* Newest Bugs (25th May)
* Added missing CHD infos (thanks to Marco Tucceri)
* Added FB Alpha v0.2.97.36 Emulator infos
* Added 'Recommended Games'
* Fixed MAMEinfo.dat infos
Download at: http://mameinfo.mameworld.info/
MAME Testers at: http://mametesters.org/view_all_set.php?...DESC&type=2
- New games: Big Buck Hunter Call of the Wild (v3.02.5), Golden Tee Fore! (v1.00.25) and Golden Tee Fore! 2002 (v2.01.06)
- New Working games: Breakout [TTL], Golden Tee Fore! 2003 (v3.00.10), Golden Tee Fore! 2004 Extra (v4.00.08), Golden Tee Fore! 2005 Extra (v5.01.00), Golden Tee Fore! 2006 Complete (v6.00.01), Mini-Boy 7 and Race Drivin' Panorama (prototype, rev 2.1)
- New Non-Working games: Big Buck Hunter - Shooter's Challenge (v1.50.07), Crazy Dou Di Zhu, Royal Poker 2 (Network version 3.12) and Virtual Pool
- New clones: Contra (US / Asia, set 3), Golden Tee Fore! 2003 (v3.00.09), Golden Tee Fore! 2004 (v4.00.00), Golden Tee Fore! 2005 Extra (v5.00.00), Golden Tee Fore! 2005 Extra (v5.01.02), Golden Tee Fore! 2005 Extra (v5.01.06), Hot Toppings (English), Leprechaun's Gold (Spanish), Olympic Soccer '92 (set 3), Vigilante (US, Rev B) and Vigilante (World, Rev A)
- New PEPlus games: Player's Edge Plus (X002297P+XP000053) Jackpot Poker and Player's Edge Plus (XMP00030) 5-in-1 Wingboard (CG2451) (CG2451)
- New drivers: sealy.c
- Removed games: Mini Boy 7 (set 2)
- New devices: basic_joy, isa_sblaster_16, midiin_port, midiout_port and mssw_pad
- ... (Read More)
MAME 0.162 Out
As of 0.162 the MAME and MESS projects have been combined into a single emulator. The changes listed below cover both.
MAME is in the process of becoming a Free and Open Source project. If you have contributed code and we have not
contacted you yet regarding this license change, or if you believe you are miscredited in the source code, please
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
- 05940: [Documentation] (harddriv.c) harddriv: Wrong release year for parent set of Hard Drivin' (Tempora)
- 05936: [Crash/Freeze] (sigmab98.c) sammymdl: Crash with exception (Robbbert)
- 05935: [Crash/Freeze] (iteagle.c) iteagle: Crash/Exception after failed IDE detection (Robbbert)
- 05910: [Crash/Freeze] (harddriv.c) racedriv: Reset causes segmentation fault (Alex Jackson)
- 05911: [Core] (harddriv.c) harddriv, racedriv, steeltal, strtdriv, racedrivpan: GSP TIME OUT ERROR (Osso)
- 04911: [Flip Screen/Cocktail] (darkseal.c) All games in darkseal.c: Flip Screen does not work at all (Osso)
- 05924: [Crash/Freeze] (spectrum.c) spectrum: Infinite interrupt service routine loop bug (MetalliC)
-m24: add z8000 apb support [Carl, Andreas Senk, rfka01]
-gambl186: update communication with EEPROM [Peter Ferrie]
-add more (undumped, needed) roms as NO_DUMP to the VT100 driver
after consulting later VT100 Tech manual. Correct one misnamed
undumped rom on the GPO board. ... (Read More)
Updated to 0.162 ...
In case you're wondering, it only does MESS (like before).
By using the correct compile parameters (TARGET=MAME OSD=messui) it might work with the new all-in-one MAME (UME rebadged), but I haven't had time to try that as yet. If it does work, it may take quite a while to start up.
May 23, 2015
Progetto-SNAPS 0.161 Update
Ready the first 0.161 update of "progetto-SNAPS":
349 snaps plus 194 pictures, pdf and icons, downloadable here:
Snapshots: progetto-SNAPS Snapshots
Cabinets: progetto-SNAPS Cabinets
Control Panels: progetto-SNAPS Cabinets
Flyers: progetto-SNAPS Flyers
Icons (Extended Unofficial): progetto-SNAPS Icons Unofficial Page
Manuals: progetto-SNAPS Manuals
Marquees: progetto-SNAPS Marquees
PCB: progetto-SNAPS PCB
Here's the summary (10 packs, 10.2Mb):
Artwork Preview: 25 new (tot. 1,950 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 2.54Mb
Bosses: 15 new (tot. 1,070 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 512Kb
GameOver: 30 new (tot. 5,710 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 429Kb
HowTo: 10 new (tot. 1,375 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 242Kb
Logo: 25 new (tot. 1,375 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 102Kb
Scores: 25 new (tot. 6,095 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 450Kb
Select: 20 new (tot. 3,645 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 428Kb
Snap: 95 new & 3 upd (tot. 31,001 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 2.84Mb
Titles: 95 new & 1 upd (tot. 31,001 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 2.64Mb
Versus: 5 new (tot. 990 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 126Kb
Other resources (8 packs, 133Mb):
Cabinets: 10 new (tot. 3,360 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 8.12Mb
Control Panels: 10 new (tot. 2,225 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 1.25Mb
Flyers: 10 new & 3 upd (tot. 4,195 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 27.8Mb
Icons Extended*: 61 new & 70 upd (tot. 24,946 ico) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 808Kb
Manuals: 10 new (tot. 1,855 pdf) UPDATE PACKs 4 packs, 74.0Mb
Marquees: 10 new (tot. 2,820 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 2.19Mb
PCB: 10 new (tot. 2,350 png) UPDATE PACK 1 pack, 19.4Mb
*: These icons are new! We need to expand the collection of MAMu_ with icons of working sets added in later versions. For these my biggest thanks goes to Janez for his indispensable help.
Have also been updated:
- The MAMEUI page: progetto-SNAPS MAMEUI Museum
- The MAME-Plus page: progetto-SNAPS MAME+ Museum
- renameSET.dat 0.161: progetto-SNAPS renameSET.dat (MAME/MESS)
- languages.ini 0.161: progetto-SNAPS languages.ini
- series.ini 0.161: progetto-SNAPS series.ini
- version.ini 0.161: progetto-SNAPS version.ini
If you want to support my work, you can make small donations via PayPal.
May 16, 2015
MAME Changing Its License?
Why am I reading about this first on Slashdot instead of here?
May 12, 2015
Supermodel 0.3 WIP SVN Revision 272 (Vs299 Works)
Edit from Smitdogg: Only use the Mega download link
Supermodel 0.3 WIP SVN revision 272
A more comprehensive Changelog:
Changes are (I'd call this revisión Vs2 COMPLETE hehe).
-Every Vs299 versions now work and are fully playable:
*Vs299, Vs299a, Vs299b and Vs2v991 no longer stuck when the first match is about to begin, so now they are fully playable. (Applied same security as Vs298).
-Vs29815 now boots and works (no longer black screen though some flickering). (Applied same patch as Vs215).
-Added Vs215o (Virtua Striker 2 Step 1.5 older), an earliest set already in MAME, maybe the original (first) version.
May 11, 2015
Catlist are updated to 0.161 !
Hyperspin Released For Android
Hyperspin for Android is available on Google Play -- https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...dcade.hyperspin
Demo video -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lm6-7C3fBA
Hyperspin works with existing themes and data directly from the Hyperspin community. It launches both Android games and Android emulators.
LIMITED ANDROID DEVICE SUPPORT -- currently limited to Android 4.4+ and devices with NVIDIA OpenGL drivers.
Support files, tutorials, and other information can be found at http://hyperspin-fe.com/
May 09, 2015
MAME Now Includes MESS By Default
Starting from this git commit by Micko, MAME now officially includes MESS by default!
MAME now represent full build,
for building MESS drivers only use
for building only Arcades drivers only use:
I Love happy marriages like this
Also congrats go to Haze for the UME project -- most of the file folders saying "ume" were simply renamed to "mame".
Haze publicly posited -- and built a working example of -- the idea of "Ultimate MAME" back in November 2011, which then became UME - the Universal Machine Emulator in April 2012, and UME was added to the official MAME source back in May 2012.
Congratulations again to all for this major milestone in MAME!
Haze: Post Release Progress
Pretty pictures from Haze.
May 08, 2015
New HBMAME+MisfitMAME Repository
On my site (with the help of Robbbert) it is now online a new page that contains older versions of HBMAME and his predecessor MisfitMAME; if you find a bug or if you have not this material, please let here.
In future on this page you will find the mirror of next releases of Robbbert.
May 06, 2015
May 03, 2015
What's new in HBMAME
Thanks to various sources of information:
- Converted to MAME's Genie compiling system
- Fixed Charles Doty's Dec0 Chaos Demo.
- [pacmanp] (Fix for level 256 kill screen) - modified to include Pinky and Inky AI fixes [Don Hodges, Krick]
- UI build: various fixes and adjustments.
- [ketarr17] Ketsui Arrange 1.7 [by trap15]
- [mslug2t] Metal Slug 2 Turbo [by trap15]
- [pcmademo] Neogeo ADPCM-A Playback demo [by freem]
All bug reports, requests, compile issues, go here
Play Online Fruit Machines and UK Style Pub Slots!