April 26, 2018
PfeMAME Front End v2.3.2 Released
pfeMAME version 2.3.2 has been released today
A couple of big changes in this release along with some minor improvements and bug fixes. The first main change is that the games categories selection has been moved from its own window to the main screen. This makes it easier to make changes and they are updated instantly. The second change is the addition of game specific slot configurations for systems (e.g. set up a specific computer game to use a certain type of hardware for joystick interface). You can find this in the game preferences (right click the game and select from the list of options). There is also a new manual configuration for game preferences where you can add any preferences not covered by pfeMAME.
You can download this release from HERE. Builds are available for 64bit Windows and Linux and the source code is also available.
Please read the manual as it has everything you need.
pfeMAME is a front end for the Multiple Arcade Game Emulator (MAME) written in Python. It is cross platform (tested on Linux - Ubuntu and Windows). It also includes a graphical Tile View designed for MAME cabinets which allows control using joystick / gamepad. It supports favorite game flagging, MESS systems, and a Tiled view for arcade cabinets. It was written with a minimalist view in mind but also because there were some features I wanted that other front ends just didn't provide.
Changes in this release;
• The game categories selection has been moved to the main window so you don't have to ... (Read More)
DU Fundraiser: Centipedes Invade Japan - Done
Thanks to recent donations, we were able to combine forces with ShouTime and get the ultra rare Japan version of Centipede. It's so rare that not even the biggest Atari expert that I know had ever seen the PCB before now. I'm not sure of all the differences.
If you want to donate toward future game buys or become a monthly helper you can check the page here:
Javier Vidal Mata
April 25, 2018
History.dat 1.97 for MAME 0.197 available
MAMEUI64 .197 With Snaps/Icons Released
Thanks to Robbbert for the .exe.
* Updated to MAME 0.197 - https://git.redump.net/mame/log/
* Added Source/Listinfo changes
* Newest Bugs (25th Apr)
* Added/Reorganized 'Recommended Games'
* Fixed MAMEinfo.dat infos
Download at: http://mameinfo.mameworld.info/
MAME Testers at: http://mametesters.org/view_all_set.php?...DESC&type=2
- New games: Master Boy (1987, Z80 hardware) and New Cross Pang
- New Working games: F-1 Dream, Quiz Channel Question, Rail Chase 2 and Ufo Robo Dangar (9/26/1986, Japan)
- New Non-Working games: Genius 6 (V110F), T.T. Speed Race CL [TTL] and unknown Elsy poker
- New clones: Amazonia King Plus (V204BR), Crazy Bonus 2002 (Ver. 1, set 2), Enduro Racer (YM2151) (mask ROM sprites, FD1089B 317-0013A), Explosive Breaker (Korea), Garou - Mark of the Wolves (NGH-2530), Gokidetor (set 2), Joker Master (V512), Jolly Card (Italian, bootleg, set 3), Lup Lup Puzzle / Zhuan Zhuan Puzzle (version 1.05 / 981214), Paperboy (prototype), Pochi and Nyaa (Ver 2.02), Popeye (Braze High Score Kit P1.00D), Renegade (US bootleg), Silk Worm (bootleg), Street Fighter II': Champion Edition (Playmark bootleg), Time Killers (v1.21, alternate ROM board), World Rally 2: Twin Racing (mask ROM version) and WWF: Wrestlemania (proto 2.01 06/07/95)
- New drivers: mastboyo.cpp
- New devices: 315_5338a, adc0808, adc0809, generic_fifo_u32_device, m58990, mb86234, model1io, nb1412m2, sad8852 and z80ctc_channel
- ARM (little) CPU
. Eliminated spurious LSL #32 shifts from disassembly. Calculated R15-relative offsets in disassembly (cpu\arm\armdasm.cpp).
. Fixed erroneous identification of S field in data processing opcodes. Calculated result of ADD/SUB Rn, R15, #imm (cpu\arm\armdasm.cpp).
- Hitachi SH-4 CPU: UML implementations of FADD, FDIV, FMAC, FMUL, FSUB, LDCSPC, LDCSSR, LDSFPUL, MOVCAL, STCDBR, STCSGR, STCSPC, STCSSR, STSFPSCR and STSFPUL. Fixed possible error in previous ... (Read More)
For our April release, we're bringing even more elusive electronic esoterica to light. MAME 0.197 finally includes support for the 1987 version of the Spanish quiz game Master Boy, believed to be Gaelco's first release. There are now drivers for several Neo-Geo MVS variants, exposing different capabilities. Lamp outputs are now supported for The Irritating Maze, bringing the game to life a little more. We've added four more Tiger LCD games, all based on licensed IP: Home Alone, Home Alone 2, Independence Day, and Transformers - Generation 2.
The Sega Model 2 improvements keep coming, with Rail Chase 2 now working. With its protection MCU emulated, Capcom's F-1 Dream is also working. MAME 0.197 adds support for alternate versions and bootlegs of a long list of systems, including Crazy Bonus 2002, Explosive Breaker, Fidelity Excel 68000, Lup Lup Puzzle, Pochi and Nyaa, Renegade, and Silkworm. In addition, there are graphical improvements to Sega ST-V/Saturn, and Magical Tetris Challenge.
There are some nice improvements for computer emulation this month, too. The Acorn Electron has improved video handling and support for the Mega Games Cartridge. The NEC PC-98 CD-ROM software list has been updated with the latest dumps and compatibility status - recent emulation improvements mean more fully supported titles. You can now boot HP-BASIC cartridges on the HP9000/340 series.
As always, source and Windows binaries are available from the download page.
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
• 06775: [Media Support] (coco12.cpp) coco, coco2, dragon and clones: Software list does not work for floppy devices (Nigel Barnes)
• 06843: [Misc.] (saturn.cpp) All saturn.cpp sets: CD Block unknown command e2, contact MAMEdev (Angelo Salese)
• 06886: [Graphics] (stv.cpp) vfkids: Corrupt background graphics (Angelo Salese)
• 06926: [Documentation] (galaxian.cpp) amidars: Values are incorrect for "Lives" DIP switch (Tafoid)
• 06928: [Graphics] (mpu4vid.cpp) All sets in mpu4vid.cpp: Graphics corruption (regression) (Carl)
• 06929: [Sound] (suprnova.cpp) All sets in suprnova.cpp: No Audio is present (O. Galibert)
• 06936: [Crash/Freeze] (zn.cpp) techromn and clones: Fatal error: memory_bank::set_entry called with out-of-range entry 255 (Robbbert)
• 06937: [DIP/Input] (galpanic.cpp) galspanic and clones: Second button not assigned (AJR)
• 06942: [Media Support] (x68k.cpp) x68000: Can't save game data to disk (Carl)
New working machines
• Home Alone (Tiger handheld) [hap, Sean Riddle]
• Home Alone 2 - Lost in New York ... (Read More)
DU: Bicycle King
Michael Moffitt dumped Bicycle King, some sort of betting game, and interestingly the PCB is serial #1. Also Kevin Eshbach improved the documentation for Venture.
April 22, 2018
DU: Mind Mania
Asure dumped Mind Mania.
Corrado dumped an alt Simpsons set but the previous owner might have screwed the roms up.
April 19, 2018
Better Than Reality: New Emulation Tech Lags Less Than Original Consoles
Just posting for discussion. Yes Moog, I RTFA
DU: 6 Geniuses Walk Into A Bar
April 18, 2018
DU: Taito TT Speed Race
Andy Welburn dumped Taito TT Speed Race
DU: System11 In The Hospital Recovering From Tourvision
April 17, 2018
DU: Tuesday Bits
Corrado redumped some mask roms from World Rally 2. pyJamma sent in a dump of NBA Play by Play (UAB). Asure dumped TAB Silverball V 4.09 Dual.
April 16, 2018
NPlayers multiplayer description file is available for MAME 0.196.
Download it here: http://nplayers.arcadebelgium.be/
April 15, 2018
Progetto-SNAPS 0.196 Update
Ready the MAME 0.196 update of "MAME progetto-SNAPS".
• It's available this folder on Mega.nz that allows individually download files to update from version to version. The folder will be temporarily available until the next update.
• On the page of dats packages for older versions are now also available.
• The next update is scheduled for Sunday, May 20, 2018.
2,037 snaps and 118, pictures, mp3 and zip downloadable here:
• Artworks: progetto-SNAPS Artworks - Packed
• Artworks: progetto-SNAPS Artworks - Single Files
• Marquees: progetto-SNAPS Marquee, Logo & Backglass Pictures
• Snapshots (MAME): progetto-SNAPS Snapshots
• Snapshots (Software): progetto-SNAPS Software's Snaps
• Soundtrack: progetto-SNAPS MP3 Soundtracks - Packed
• Soundtrack: progetto-SNAPS MP3 Soundtracks - Single Files
Artwork Preview: 25 new (tot. 2,810 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 8.80Mb
Bosses: 5 new & 84 upd (tot. 1,430 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 2.43Mb
Ends: 25 new (tot. 825 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 391Kb
GameOver: 30 new & 1 upd (tot. 7,330 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 921Kb
HowTo: 20 new & 3 upd (tot. 1,675 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 438Kb
Logo: 25 new (tot. 2,325 UPDATE 1 pack, 111Kb
Scores: 25 new & 15 upd (tot. 7,025 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 1.35Mb
Select: 35 new & 34 upd (tot. 4,335 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 3.02Mb
Snap: 79 new & 150 upd (tot. 38,980 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 6.12Mb
Titles: 79 new & 56 upd (tot. 38,980 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 4.07Mb
Versus: 5 new (tot. 1,120 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 158Kb
Warning: 10 new (tot. 760 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 42.2Kb
Other resources update:
Artworks (Original) : 7 new (tot. 1,096 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 5.05Mb
Artworks (WideScreen) : 25 new & 2 upd (tot. 725 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 136Mb
Marquees : 3 del, 28 new & 31 upd (tot. 4,150 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 28.7Mb
Soundtrack: 25 new zip (579 new mp3) (tot. 125 zip) UPDATE 1 pack, 556.9Mb
Software's resource update:
- apple2gs  (222 new png) UPDATE!
- apple2gs_titles  (222 new png) UPDATE!
- dragon_cart (36 new png) NEW!
- dragon_cart_titles (36 new png) NEW!
- gamecom_manuals (1 ren) ONLY DAT
- gp32  (38 new png) NEW!
- gp32_titles  (38 new png) NEW!
- ibm5150  (47 new & 5 upd png) UPDATE!
- ibm5150_titles  (46 new & 11 upd png) UPDATE!
- megadriv (2 del & 1 new png) UPDATE!
- ninmbus (23 new png) NEW!
- ... (Read More)
April 10, 2018
April 09, 2018
DU: New Cross Pang & Lup Lup Puzzle
f205v dumped New Cross Pang. Brian Troha and caius got Lup Lup Puzzle v1.05 but one of the roms won't read out correctly.
DU: Otomedius Update
April 06, 2018
Update @ Haze's: Master Detective
Play Online Fruit Machines and UK Style Pub Slots!