August 17, 2017
We dumped VF4 EVOLUTION (GDS-0024C). I think it's a hardware bug fix from the B version and not a new revised gameplay.
Update @ Arbee's: MAME: Where Spelunx Is In Color
PfeMAME Version 1.008 Has Been Released Today
pfeMAME version 1.008 has been released today
Ongoing development work has been keeping me quite busy with many new changes completed for this release and also in the pipe for future releases. This release includes a large number of under the hood changes and some other major changes. Please check out the changelog for full details, but here is a quick summary;
- Default size of the window is now a bit smaller so that on startup it works on laptops with smaller screens.
- You can now resize the window the application will take advantage of the extra space (you would not believe how long it took me to get this right)
- Systems programs MUST now be put in the ROMS folder, not a separate systems folder. This is how MAME expects it.
- The systems folder path is now no longer used and will be removed in a future release.
- Database refresh takes longer now as it parses the systems HASH (XML) files. If found it creates a short for the system program. When you run the program it uses the short name - this is required for system cheat support (e.g. SNES cheats using cheat.simple file).
- You can right click a system program and select to run without the short name - needed as some home computer files (mostly tape and disk) don't seem to work with the short name (Not sure if this is my problem or not)
- The game information is updated VERY fast - notable improvement on slower systems and you can see that the scroll speed is greatly improved.
As per usual, all feedback is welcome.
My next release is going to focus on supporting some other emulation ... (Read More)
August 16, 2017
Haze : TH Strikes Back Is Now WORKING
August 15, 2017
DU: Some Spanish Oldies
Arcade Hacker got some old Spanish boards, some unknown and some clones. rtw dumped the original release version of EXELICA (GDL-0036).
August 12, 2017
DU: Dirt Devils
Shoutime dumped Dirt Devils Rev A (Japan)
Kale Wiggles His Stick
New Hiscore.dat For MAME v0.188
That's right new hiscore.dat for MAME v0.188
go get it http://highscore.mameworld.info/
August 11, 2017
DU: Poosho Poosho
We picked up a Poosho Poosho PCB.
If you want to help up out check this thread:
August 08, 2017
R. Belmont WIP: "跟猴子比丟 ;屎" (China Educational Computer I (CEC-I))
DU Fundraiser: Tekken Battle Scratch
August 07, 2017
SNK's US Office Walk-through Pics From 2008
August 06, 2017
New MAME 0.188 Working Games Video
New working sets and machines promoted to working 0.188 video:
Flyer Fever Update - August
1943: The Battle of Midway - Electrocoin (1987) [Licensed by Capcom]
Bubble Bobble - Electrocoin (1986) [Licensed by Taito]
Calorie Kun Vs. Moguranian - Sega (1986) [Developed by Vic Tokai. Licensed by Yuvo]
Capcom Bowling - Capcom (1988) [JP flyer]
Final Fight/1941: Counterattack - Electrocoin (1990) [Licensed by Capcom]
Haunted Castle - Electrocoin (1988) [Licensed by Konami; AKA Akuma-Jou Dracula]
Mahjong Academy - Yuga (1988) [Majan Academy, Licensed by Capcom]
Mega-Tech System - Sega (1989) [Mega-Tech System; JP flyer]
Street Fighter - Electrocoin (1987) [Licensed by Capcom]
Thunder Blade - Sega (1987) [JP flyer]
Capcom Bowling and Street Fighter flyers show unique cabinet designs.
August 03, 2017
Dodonpachi III Dumped
Minimaws: A Reference -listxml Consumer
There have been some changes to -listxml output, and questions about how to use it from front-end authors. In the interests of ensuring -listxml output is useful, and to provide a reference for front-end developers, I've added a Python-based -listxml consumer called minimaws, in honour of the now-defunct MAME reference web site. It supports some command-line verbs and also provides an interactive web interface. The web interface is probably more interesting for most users and front-end authors.
Setting up currently requires a couple of steps to make a clean database and load (I intend to streamline this at some point):
python minimaws.py load path/to/MAME
The script uses minimaws.sqlite3 in the working directory as the name for its database unless you override it with the --database option. Loading the database may take a few minutes, but query performance is good. Note that you'll need to provide an actual path with a slash in it if MAME isn't in your PATH (exec treats names with no slashes as commands from somewhere in PATH).
There are a few query commands that work much like MAME's auxiliary verbs, but case sensitive and with better glob behaviour. You should be able to work them out. To run in web server mode, use the serve command:
python minimaws.py serve
By default it ... (Read More)
August 01, 2017
Update for 0.188 version, this is the web page for download: progetto-SNAPS MESSINFO.DAT.
Clean version with no additional files, can be found here: progetto-SNAPS Naked MESSINFO.DAT.
For MAME users: put the file "messinfo.dat" in a folder called "\history".
This is in how information is displayed with MAME:
For MAMEUI/MESSUI users: put the file "messinfo.dat" in a folder called "\dats".
This is how information is displayed with MESSUI:
* 10.34 01/08/2017: Aligned files to 0.188 version.
* 10.33 30/07/2017: Added versions were are added the device (from version 0.148u1 to 0.148u3).
* 10.32 27/07/2017: Start the correction of formatting and use of the blank lines in the file. This job will continue for the next few months.
July 31, 2017
Shoutime got the Seibu Kaihatsu CATS DVD System. It ran DVD-based strip mahjong games on this system between 1999 and 2006, as well as two similar Senkyu-like games (Gravure Collection and Pakkun Ball TV) using ordinary joystick/button controls. This appears to be the last major arcade game system by Seibu (not counting Fever Soccer).
One of the mahjong games sounds like a rap song - "TRAP ZONE - Pleasure Train of Lust". lol
DU & Caps0ff - The Other Toaplan Chips
I just got an email saying the Dumping Union's Ghox and Whoopee HD647180 chips have been read out and submitted
July 30, 2017
Online the update version of COMMAND.dat aligned to MAME 0.188.
Download from here.
* 0.07 0.188 29/07/2017: Renamed (kinst2k3) to (kinst2uk); removed (kinst13), (kinst14), (kinst210), (kinst211), (kinst213), (kinst2k4) and (kinstp).
* 0.06 0.187 25/07/2017: Added command.ini file.
Play Online Fruit Machines and UK Style Pub Slots!