June 18, 2018
DU: It's Like Even Rom Dumps Are Still Living In 1945
Blackfish sent us a dump of his Strikers 1945 board which is, I think, a previously undumped World region unprotected set.
Arzeno Fabrice and rtw dumped a bootleg cart of Powerstone 2.
Porchy dumped a bootleg of Frogger.
Hammy dumped an alt version of Hidden Catch running on the 3.02 hardware.
Kevin Eshbach documented Iron Stewart's Offroad Racing.
If you want to help us buy more boards:
June 17, 2018
Progetto-SNAPS 0.198 Update
Ready the MAME 0.198 update of "MAME progetto-SNAPS".
• It's available this folder on Mega.nz that allows individually download files to update from version to version. The folder will be temporarily available until the next update.
• Also this month I continue to replace (or correct) the snap with the wrong or faulty "text" png tags. In this regard, I completed this work for "Scores" category.
• The next update is scheduled for Sunday, July 15, 2018.
1,269 snaps and 359, icons, pictures and zip downloadable here:
• Artworks: progetto-SNAPS Artworks - Packed
• Artworks: progetto-SNAPS Artworks - Single Files
• Cabinets: progetto-SNAPS Cabinet Pictures
• Devices: progetto-SNAPS Device Pictures
• Icons: progetto-SNAPS Icons Extended
• Snapshots (MAME): progetto-SNAPS Snapshots
• Snapshots (Software): progetto-SNAPS Software's Snaps
Artwork Preview: 25 new (tot. 2,850 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 9.42Kb
Bosses: 20 new & 43 upd (tot. 1,470 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 1.85Kb
Ends: 25 new (tot. 875 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 836Kb
GameOver: 25 new & 15 upd (tot. 7,375 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 906Kb
HowTo: 10 new & 1 upd (tot. 1,690 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 220Kb
Logo: 15 new & 1 upd (tot. 2,365 UPDATE 1 pack, 73.3Kb
Scores: 25 new & 71 upd (tot. 7,060 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 3.58Kb
Select: 15 new & 11 upd (tot. 4,365 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 607Kb
Snap: 123 new & 151 upd (tot. 39,160 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 4.49Mb
Titles: 123 new & 34 upd (tot. 39,160 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 5.35Mb
Versus: 5 new (tot. 1,135 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 99.8Kb
Warning: 15 new & 1 upd (tot. 790 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 111Kb
Other resources update:
Artworks (Original) : 24 new & 35 upd (tot. 1,124 zip) UPDATE 1 pack, 214Mb
Artworks (Other) : 2 new (tot. 199 zip) UPDATE 1 pack, 37.1Mb
Cabinets: 40 new & 6 upd (tot. 5,865 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 32.6Mb
Devices: 30 new & 6 upd (tot. 1,950 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 14.3Mb
Icons Extended: 175 new & 34 upd (tot. 34,325/b] ico) UPDATE 1 pack, 6.45Mb
Software's resource update:
- vic1001_cart  (237 new & 50 upd png) UPDATE!
- vic1001_cart_titles  (212 new & 75 upd png) UPDATE!
- vic1001_cass  (2 new png) NEW!
- vic1001_cass_titles  (2 new png) NEW!
- vic1001_flop  (6 new png) NEW!
- vic1001_flop_titles  (6 new png) NEW!
... (Read More)
June 15, 2018
DU: Hat Trick
Original Donkey Kong Officially Emulated For First Time?
Nintendo just released the arcade version on Switch:
Is this the first time it has been officially emulated? I know the story behind it with the lawsuit by the original coder, which is why the NES has always been considered by Nintendo to be the definitive version. As such, this release is a bit surprising.
DU: Midnight Run
June 14, 2018
DU: Jump Coaster
ShouTime dumped Jump Coaster (World) but I think some roms have gone bad. He also dumped a Star Jacker board with alt labels but the data on them matches the dump in MAME.
Image: jump coaster.jpg
June 12, 2018
DU: Donkey Kong Full Bananas?
Bill D. dumped the satellite board for Donkey Kong Banana Kingdom
June 11, 2018
We just had a server move and it looks like we lost some posts as a result so you might need to repost some things. I didn't know it was happening in advance or else I could have closed the forums for a couple of hours. Anyway carry on.
June 09, 2018
DU: Gran Rally
Thanks to Jordi Beltran Casany and Recreativas.org we got a dump of Gran Rally by Niemer, the company behind El Fin del Tiempo. It's a boot/hack/etc. of Pole Position 2.
June 08, 2018
DU: I Will Now Flash You
Thanks to a recent donation from Dane Biegert we picked up 4 Capcom "medal hardware" compact flash cards. The previous Pingu's Ice Block dump is bad (card went bad) so maybe we can get a good dump now.
Bill D. and 300wins dumped Knights of Valour 2: Nine Dragons (v200).
Bonky dumped pals from Capcom World 2, The King of Dragons and Knights of the Round.
June 07, 2018
The Evidence Is In, Ms. Pac-Man Really Was Snorting Coke
Darksoft dumped Come-Cocos by Cocamatic
Chrome should be able to translate it
June 06, 2018
70 "Lost" Japanese Games Have Been "Found", Or Something
Thanks Arcade Hacker for the news
Arcade Hacker: Sega System 16 Security Reverse Engineering
DU: We've Gone Full Cosmo, Dawg
Moffitt and coolmod dumped the Donkey Kong / Donkey Kong Jr / Mario Bros multigame from 2003, a collaboration between Nintendo, Namco, and Cosmodog.
June 05, 2018
Update @ Haze's: On The War Path
DU: The Adventure Of Link Brought Him To A Holy War
rtw and ShouTime dumped The Key of Avalon (main and client / GDT-0005E and GDT-0006C) and they dumped some discs (main and satellite) labeled Holy War which I think have something to do with The Key of Avalon (GDT-0018A and GDT-0019A).
Juan Romero and Recreativas.org sent us a dump for Galaxy Wars II, a clone/boot/hack of Defender.
ic3b4ll and DJ Pascal sent us a dump of Bubble Memories (2.5A)
Kevin Eshbach made documentation improvements for Birdie King 2.
June 03, 2018
DU: World Combat
MAME Artwork Update - More Stuff
SITE UPDATE - June 02, 2018
In-Game Artwork: 56 new systems; 3 systems updated artwork
Well that took longer than I thought it would. I was in a groove, then I hit one of those "personal life / work life" road blocks that pop up every so often. That is okay, though, because in the last two weeks, my two oldest kids graduated city college with their AA degrees, and my youngest graduated high school. Fall semester, I will have three kids attending 4-year universities.
This update takes care of a large chunk of the old MESS Artwork page. After today, there are only 36 files left to go so that the old page can officialy be retired. This also adds a bunch of stuff that I just happened to add in along the way:
• Added PasoGo; cleaned up the pic just a bit more.
• Added Cybiko Classic; replaced the file with a new pic. Also added Cybiko Xtreme. Added correct color overlay to both.
• Added Pokemon Mini; replaced the file with a new pic, and added the correct color overlay.
• Added Game Master; cleaned the pic up a bit more.
• Added the five HP calculators already part of MESS artwork; all existing pics were replaced with larger, clearer pics. Also added the HP38G and HP49G. Annunciators for all files were redrawn, based on an HP manual. Artwork is clickable in all of these files.
• Added Mega Duck; replaced the file with a new pic. Also added the Cougar Boy variant.
• Thank you to pernon for letting me know about the error on the BBC artwork last update. All three have been updated with more realistic artwork. I understand the Compact came with its own monitor, but I have not been able to find a good picture source for that one yet, so that still has the Cub monitor for now. Lamps have also been added to the floppy drive for ... (Read More)
June 02, 2018
Update for 0.198 version, this is the web page for download: progetto-SNAPS MESSINFO.DAT.
Clean version with no additional files, can be found here: progetto-SNAPS Naked MESSINFO.DAT.
For MAME users: put the file "messinfo.dat" in a folder called "\history".
This is in how information is displayed with MAME:
For MAMEUI/MESSUI users: put the file "messinfo.dat" in a folder called "\dats".
This is how information is displayed with MESSUI:
* 11.10 02/06/2018: Aligned files to 0.198 version.
DU: El Fin Del Tiempo
Thanks to Esther Barranco, ARPA, Juegos 2.0, Recreativas.org and Roberto Fresca we got El Fin del Tiempo (Niemer, 1981)
Play Online Fruit Machines and UK Style Pub Slots!