MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

TheBigAmbulance
And STILL not ginger....
Reged: 01/03/08
Send PM

CURSE YOU WALMART! *DELETED*
#235504 - 10/04/10 04:27 PM

Post deleted by TheBigAmbulance

jopezu
bread-train
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: georgia
Send PM

Re: CURSE YOU WALMART! new [Re: TheBigAmbulance]
#235505 - 10/04/10 04:43 PM

> I showed her my receipt and said I paid for this and it's my property now
> I then asked if she was accusing me of stealing

sounds like you were being a little bitch. i mean seriously "i paid for it, it's my property now?" - if somebody popped off like that to me, i'd go out of my way to make it as hard as possible for them. being the aggressor in these types of situations hardly ever gets you anything good. just place as nice as you can, then talk shit to them AFTER you're removed from the scenario.

i learned everything i know from KC

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Motion seconded, all in favor say aye. new [Re: jopezu]
#235509 - 10/04/10 06:03 PM

> > I showed her my receipt and said I paid for this and it's my property now
> > I then asked if she was accusing me of stealing
>
>
> sounds like you were being a little bitch. i mean seriously "i paid for it, it's my
> property now?" - if somebody popped off like that to me, i'd go out of my way to make
> it as hard as possible for them. being the aggressor in these types of situations
> hardly ever gets you anything good. just place as nice as you can, then talk shit to
> them AFTER you're removed from the scenario.

I would agree. Shoplifters are parasites on society... if looking in a giant tote to make sure nothing extra is inside keeps some shoplifters at bay, so be it.

At Lowes I bought 50 large plastic storage bins. The clerk insisted on opening every single one of them... which took about 10 minutes. So be it, I have nothing to hide.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

crikey new [Re: GatKong]
#235511 - 10/04/10 06:16 PM

> At Lowes I bought 50 large plastic storage bins.

were you helping Drew Peterson move or something?

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Re: crikey new [Re: Gor]
#235512 - 10/04/10 06:19 PM

>were you helping Drew Peterson move or something?

No, trying to clean-up my workshop of a deadly Black Widow infestation. All the cardboard boxes in storage were making a haven for them, so I moved everything into plastic bins.

I don't need a deadly spider bite... what ever the cost of the bins is a fraction of the doctor bill that would ensue.

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

#235519 - 10/04/10 07:38 PM

My only gripe with Walmart is at the one I frequent they sell groceries too, so more and more folks are making it their primary food source. So the lines seem to be getting longer. Although last time I did try the "speedy" self checkout but had to wait for a supervisor because it wouldn't let me buy a can of spray paint without authorization.

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#235526 - 10/04/10 08:21 PM

> I am seriously thinking of never shopping at Wal-Mart again.
>
> I was in on Saturday and picked up a black tote to hold some stuff. So none of the
> bags at the checkout could fit this thing. So I had to carry it out. Well, my wife
> needed to go to the bathroom so I stopped next to the "welcomer". She started to
> question me and wanted to see inside it. I showed her my receipt and said I paid for
> this and it's my property now, and she still insisted. I then asked if she was
> accusing me of stealing. She shook her head no. So after some arguing back and forth,
> I walked out and said "Call the cops and arrest me if you think I'm a thief!"
>
> She never did. My wife was laughing at me and I was PISSED OFF!

So you're complaining because she was trying to do her job?

I'm surprised security didn't just boot your ass out. Overreacting much?

H@P
Lurker in perpetuity
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: Seattle area
Send PM

#235530 - 10/04/10 09:00 PM

It can be embarrassing getting pulled aside and searched. It's one thing for the checkout person to look through your stuff; that's their job. But to have someone come up to you and ask to search you or your stuff? Um, no...

I was at a grocery store when I was a kid, waiting in line to buy something. A lady knocked a bunch of stuff off the hooks with her fat ass, and I picked them up and put them back on the hooks. I was rewarded by having to empty my pockets in the front of the store, in front of all the other customers. It was embarrassing.

So I call bullshit on letting someone randomly search you to prevent potential shoplifting. They'd better have a) seen me with their own eyes pocket something, b) kept their eye on me the whole time thereafter to make sure I didn't ditch whatever I pocketed, and c) watch me attempt to walk out the store with it still pocketed. You pull me aside and I'm clean? Lawsuit.

And those three things I listed shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone working retail. They're the first things I was taught at my first retail job back in my college days.

H@P

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Re: CURSE YOU WALMART! new [Re: H@P]
#235542 - 10/04/10 10:41 PM

>So I call bullshit on letting someone randomly search you

I dunno, H@P. At Wallymart, they have a person at the door to check ALL things not in a store bag for a receipt... so it's not lkike he was randomly singled out... he was carrying a tote bag too big to be put into a store bag. It's a routine stop. They often also mark your receipt with a marker acknowledging that item has been accounted for and carried out.

lharms
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

Re: CURSE YOU WALMART! new [Re: GatKong]
#235545 - 10/04/10 10:57 PM

Do like me

1) Dont make eye contact.
2) Walk out like you own the place.
3) Walk fast.
4) Look at your watch like you are in a hurry (helps you pull off 1).

99% the time they dont check if you do 1. Also many times wait until someone else being 'checked out'. You can walk right by them and they dont say anything.

CrapBoardSoftware
My real name is banned dickhead
Reged: 01/03/06
Loc: Wisconsin
Send PM

Re: CURSE YOU WALMART! new [Re: lharms]
#235550 - 10/04/10 11:33 PM

> Do like me
>
> 1) Dont make eye contact.
> 2) Walk out like you own the place.
> 3) Walk fast.
> 4) Look at your watch like you are in a hurry (helps you pull off 1).
>
> 99% the time they dont check if you do 1. Also many times wait until someone else
> being 'checked out'. You can walk right by them and they dont say anything.

This list (and removing the baggage tag before) also works at airport customs.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#235552 - 10/04/10 11:40 PM

Filling these types of things with other items from stores and running through the checkout is very very common. I have a friend who is a manager at Target and she said it happens all the time and they are supposed to get looked inside during checkout. What would that lawsuit be for anyway? Emotional distress? How much would you sue for?

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Loc: Britland
Send PM

#235553 - 10/04/10 11:50 PM

>
> I was in on Saturday and picked up a black tote to hold some stuff. So none of the
> bags at the checkout could fit this thing. So I had to carry it out. Well, my wife
> needed to go to the bathroom so I stopped next to the "welcomer". She started to
> question me and wanted to see inside it. I showed her my receipt and said I paid for
> this and it's my property now, and she still insisted. I then asked if she was
> accusing me of stealing. She shook her head no. So after some arguing back and forth,
>

Do you look dodgy though?
I mean it's hard to know how reasonable or not she was being if we don't know how dodgy you look
And for the record, personally, I often look WELL dodgy!

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

#235554 - 10/04/10 11:51 PM

>
>

When you once worked for services to clients (waiter, cashier, technician, nursering, etc.) you know there's always that type of client who makes a scandal and whole drama for nothing. Thiefs tend to do that too as previous resource to just run away. Services and establishments have protocols after all.

Probably it was just the way she addressed to you, or maybe you were just stressed and with bad humor. However, next time consider you actually look less suspicious when you cooperate. After all you had nothing to hide, right?

H@P
Lurker in perpetuity
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: Seattle area
Send PM

#235555 - 10/04/10 11:52 PM

> I dunno, H@P. At Wallymart, they have a person at the door to check ALL things
> not in a store bag for a receipt...

Sorry, don't shop at Wal*Mart very often. Yeah, they have something equivalent to that at Costco (especially since they don't even have bags at Costco), and I don't have a problem with that.

The times I have shopped at Wal*Mart, they've never checked my receipt. There's not even someone standing by the exit. It sounded like he was talking to a "greeter" which to me, sounds like a completely random request coming from them.

meh... I'll continue shopping at Target. Nobody to bug me at the exits, and no "greeter" either.

H@P

Foxhack
Furry guy
Send PM

#235557 - 10/04/10 11:53 PM

> meh... I'll continue shopping at Target. Nobody to bug me at the exits, and no
> "greeter" either.
>
> H@P

Yeah, and it'll only cost you $1-$3 more per food item, and ten bucks or more on anything else.

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: CURSE YOU WALMART! new [Re: Foxhack]
#235559 - 10/05/10 12:01 AM

> Yeah, and it'll only cost you $1-$3 more per food item, and ten bucks or more on
> anything else.

Oh BS!

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

#235562 - 10/05/10 12:17 AM

> > I dunno, H@P. At Wallymart, they have a person at the door to check ALL things
> > not in a store bag for a receipt...
>
> Sorry, don't shop at Wal*Mart very often. Yeah, they have something equivalent to
> that at Costco (especially since they don't even have bags at Costco), and I don't
> have a problem with that.
>
> The times I have shopped at Wal*Mart, they've never checked my receipt. There's not
> even someone standing by the exit. It sounded like he was talking to a "greeter"
> which to me, sounds like a completely random request coming from them.
>
> meh... I'll continue shopping at Target. Nobody to bug me at the exits, and no
> "greeter" either.
>
> H@P

I've had my receipt and items checked at both Wal*Mart and Target before.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

TheBigAmbulance
And STILL not ginger....
Send PM

Are you guys in with my wife? new [Re: TheBigAmbulance]
#235568 - 10/05/10 01:19 AM

I completely agree that they have every right to check the box. It's just something that pissed me off about the whole thing.

Yes, I shouldn't wear the patch over my eye and have a parrot on my shoulder the next time I purchase something.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

#235573 - 10/05/10 02:15 AM

> > meh... I'll continue shopping at Target. Nobody to bug me at the exits, and no
> > "greeter" either.
> >
> > H@P
>
> Yeah, and it'll only cost you $1-$3 more per food item, and ten bucks or more on
> anything else.

Why would you buy food at Target? Why by it at Wal*Mart for that matter? My local Wal*Marts have very poor food selections, usually carrying only the most popular varieties of the most popular brands. If you want a powdered drink mix for milk, it will be Chocolate Quik, not Strawberry, and not another brand. Clear adhesive tape is Scotch Tape. Quaker may have a dozen varieties of oatmeal, but you're buying the variety pack instant, or the plain canisters.

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: CURSE YOU WALMART! new [Re: TriggerFin]
#235575 - 10/05/10 02:18 AM

I don't trust imported Chinese food!

Foxhack
Furry guy
Send PM

Re: CURSE YOU WALMART! new [Re: redk9258]
#235576 - 10/05/10 02:24 AM

> > Yeah, and it'll only cost you $1-$3 more per food item, and ten bucks or more on
> > anything else.
>
> Oh BS!

Not in this area, at least.

My hometown has a Wal-Mart, a Target, a K-Mart, a Food4Less (Kroger's), and a few other small supermarkets.

Out of all of them, Target is by far the most expensive store around. Wal-Mart and Food4Less are the ones with the lowest prices. Food4Less has it beat in fruit / vegetable / meats, while Wal-Mart wins in canned foods and other items.

I've visited Target stores in Georgia and Tennessee and they've all been overpriced. Even my sisters (who live there) thought so. It's insane.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Send PM

Re: CURSE YOU WALMART! new [Re: TriggerFin]
#235578 - 10/05/10 02:27 AM

> > > meh... I'll continue shopping at Target. Nobody to bug me at the exits, and no
> > > "greeter" either.
> > >
> > > H@P
> >
> > Yeah, and it'll only cost you $1-$3 more per food item, and ten bucks or more on
> > anything else.
>
> Why would you buy food at Target? Why by it at Wal*Mart for that matter? My local
> Wal*Marts have very poor food selections, usually carrying only the most popular
> varieties of the most popular brands. If you want a powdered drink mix for milk, it
> will be Chocolate Quik, not Strawberry, and not another brand. Clear adhesive tape is
> Scotch Tape. Quaker may have a dozen varieties of oatmeal, but you're buying the
> variety pack instant, or the plain canisters.

Well I don't know how it is where you live, but down here, Wal-Mart is a mega store that carries name brand stuff along their store branded stuff. The Wal-Mart stuff will of course be cheaper, but they offer a choice. Non-Wally stuff has a decent price most of the time. This particular Wal-Mart is bigger than your usual ones because people from the US and Mexico buy there.

I don't usually buy groceries, veggies or food at Wal-Mart (I only do so when I'm in the area and don't have time to go to my usual market), but they have an okay frozen food selection. I typically go to the Food4Less / Kroger market that's close to the post office. That place rocks.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: CURSE YOU WALMART! new [Re: Andrew]
#235586 - 10/05/10 04:32 AM Attachment: jockitem__1153775493.jpg 37 KB (0 downloads)

> My only gripe with Walmart is at the one I frequent they sell groceries too, so more
> and more folks are making it their primary food source. So the lines seem to be
> getting longer. Although last time I did try the "speedy" self checkout but had to
> wait for a supervisor because it wouldn't let me buy a can of spray paint without
> authorization.

Ugh, I did two summers as a cashier at Walmart in college. It was any kind of paint, model glue, canned air for electronics, WD-40, anything you could possibly huff. If I remember correctly, even White-Out required authorization. I also seem to recall that the cut-off age was like 13 or 16, something less than 18 anyway. How the hell do you card a kid who can't even drive yet?

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

jopezu
bread-train
Loc: georgia
Send PM

TheBigWaaambulance™ new [Re: TheBigAmbulance]
#235599 - 10/05/10 06:22 AM

> Post deleted by TheBigAmbulance

TheBigAmbulance
And STILL not ginger....
Send PM

They said you'd say that.... new [Re: jopezu]
#235617 - 10/05/10 02:58 PM

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

And they was right. -nt new [Re: TheBigAmbulance]
#235620 - 10/05/10 03:45 PM

Allnatural
No Preservatives
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Toledo, OH. USA
Send PM

Why bother deleting? new [Re: TheBigAmbulance]
#235622 - 10/05/10 04:15 PM

It's been quoted, it's there for ever and ever...

I hate thieves more than I hate the inconvenience of someone checking my bag, tote, whatever. If they ask to check, I let 'em check.

TheBigAmbulance
And STILL not ginger....
Send PM

They say you'd say that too.... new [Re: Allnatural]
#235632 - 10/05/10 05:16 PM

Just trying to have a little fun with this since I'm now being called a little bitch.

And I will send flowers to the poor Wal-Mart greeter as well.

Can't you feel the love?!?

keshbach1
Reged: 08/26/05
Send PM

#235658 - 10/05/10 08:56 PM

> > So I call bullshit on letting someone randomly search you
>
> I dunno, H@P. At Wallymart, they have a person at the door to check ALL things not in
> a store bag for a receipt... so it's not lkike he was randomly singled out... he was
> carrying a tote bag too big to be put into a store bag. It's a routine stop. They
> often also mark your receipt with a marker acknowledging that item has been accounted
> for and carried out.

When CompUSA still had a brick and mortar store in King of Prussia the rent-a-copTM would always check your receipt. The Best Buy used to do that too but fortunately they have stopped that practice.

Kevin Eshbach

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: Calimammy
Send PM

#235691 - 10/06/10 03:53 AM

> anything else.

I like to support the mom & pop stores rather than the corporate monolith type mega stores. Won't catch me dead at Wallyworld. To that end, I regularly go out of my way to spend more... but I also get more - better quality product and better service, from people who I know and who know me on a first-name basis. The mom & pop folks often hook me up with impromptu "specials" and freebies, so on balance, the cost is not actually much, if any, higher.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2176