Pages: 1

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Setting an Analog stick dead zone?
#321920 - 02/13/14 04:50 PM

I've been playing some games in MAME with an XBOX-360 Controller on my Win7 PC. One annoying thing that comes up every once in a while is when I'm crouched (pressing down) but then I move a certain direction without meaning to. This has caused me to walk into & off of things -usually harming my character.

I've googled how to calibrate a controller in Win7, but all that got me was (apparently) how to center the left control stick, center(?) the right stick with it's X & Y axes, and center(?) the triggers, or whatever. Nothing about setting a dead zone (if there is such a thing) so that whatever game I'm playing doesn't think I'm meaning to press a certain direction when I'm actually barely pressing it (or within a fraction of a millimeter).

Is there anything I can change in Windows? Or perhaps something in the MAME settings?

LEVEL-4

roblipsett
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/28/14
Send PM

Re: Setting an Analog stick dead zone? new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#323133 - 03/10/14 01:51 PM

when I have set up a deadzone it was with using a a program like mameui32 or mameui64. they are mame builds with a frontend in them. I usually selected the game and went to properties and selected controllers. From there you could set the deadzone. if you put this in the same directory as your version of mame the cfg it created for the game would work in your version of mame if they were of the same generation

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Thanks new [Re: roblipsett]
#323162 - 03/10/14 11:07 PM

I might try that.

LEVEL-4

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2474