Pages: 1

Quantum Leaper
OCRer and Monkey Typist for Galaxy Game
Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Orion spiral arm of the Milky Way
Send PM

Help using multiple 360 controllers...
#350170 - 02/11/16 06:30 AM

I am trying to help a friend who wanted to hook up multiple 360 controllers, we had no problems getting one controller to work, but we can't get any more than ONE to work. Any suggestion to why it may not be working correctly? We have no problem playing steam games with more than one controller, the only problem seems to be MAME. I use only one controller, so I don't know what the problem could be.

Any suggestions, other than changing controllers.

Vaughan
Wanna Bezel?
Reged: 03/14/15
Loc: UK
Send PM

Re: Help using multiple 360 controllers... new [Re: Quantum Leaper]
#350189 - 02/12/16 12:20 AM

The good news is, it does work, because I've done it.

The bad news is - what version of Mame you using? Which front end? How do the joysticks show up in Device Mangler? Are they wireless controllers?

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

#350218 - 02/13/16 05:45 AM

> I am trying to help a friend who wanted to hook up multiple 360 controllers, we had
> no problems getting one controller to work, but we can't get any more than ONE to
> work. Any suggestion to why it may not be working correctly?

I think you need to install the 360 controller driver from Microsoft for that to work. The X thing in the middle will light up at the corresponding number for each controller.

S

Quantum Leaper
Send PM

Re: Help using multiple 360 controllers... new [Re: Vaughan]
#350420 - 02/20/16 11:27 AM

> The good news is, it does work, because I've done it.
>
> The bad news is - what version of Mame you using? Which front end? How do the
> joysticks show up in Device Mangler? Are they wireless controllers?

Latest (170) version of MAME, my friend uses Window 10 and I use Window 8. I used to have it setup for 2 controllers without a problem but that my old System (windows 8 ) and my new system I can't test it, I only have one working controller other one has a battery compartment problem. My friend would like it to work with his system, with 4 controllers, I could careless I only play it with ONE person anyway.

They are Wireless, and like I said Steam has no problems using any of the 4 controllers, MAME only wants to work with 1 controller. So the problem doesn't seem to be hardware, but a software/setup issue. My problem is I can only test it on the weekends. So do I have to setup MAME for every controller, or what do I have to do.

It a little hard to fix the problem when I can only work on it once a week.

Quantum Leaper
Send PM

Re: Help using multiple 360 controllers... new [Re: Sune]
#350421 - 02/20/16 11:44 AM

> > I am trying to help a friend who wanted to hook up multiple 360 controllers, we had
> > no problems getting one controller to work, but we can't get any more than ONE to
> > work. Any suggestion to why it may not be working correctly?
>
> I think you need to install the 360 controller driver from Microsoft for that to
> work. The X thing in the middle will light up at the corresponding number for each
> controller.
>
> S

Either installed the driver or Windows 10 works with it fine, don't remember what he did, and I thought I said 4 players work in Steam, so my guess isn't a hardware issue. I might have forgotten to say Steam games work fine with 4 players, that's the problem when it not your system and I only work on it once a week. My problem is I haven't used MAME in a long time, so I am a little rusting when it comes to the INI settings and things. So far remounting the hard drives has been the biggest problem with my friend's new system, now only 1 controller works without a problem, just not 2, 3 and 4.

Vaughan
Wanna Bezel?
Reged: 03/14/15
Loc: UK
Send PM

#350443 - 02/20/16 11:10 PM

What frontend you on? What are the entries under "Controller Mapping"?

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1743