Frontend Tech + >> MAMEUI & IV/Play
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

ckirmse
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/05/16
Posts: 1
Send PM


Mame32 / MameUI Licensing Thread
#351099 - 03/05/16 08:02 AM


Hi all,

It's been quite a while since I originally created MAME32 back around 0.19, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm fine with the BSD-3-clause license for any of my code that is still in MAMEUI. I already told the main MAME people the same for my contributions there. It's great to see you keeping it up! I still love MAME!

Chris Kirmse

Edited by John IV (03/06/16 10:34 PM)



John IVModerator
IV/Play, MAME, MAMEUI
Reged: 09/22/03
Posts: 1622
Loc: Snohomish, WA, USA
Send PM


Re: license new [Re: ckirmse]
#351102 - 03/05/16 08:16 AM


Popping in for your once a decade visit. Good to hear from you Chris.



john iv
http://www.mameui.info/



Robbbert
Reged: 08/21/04
Posts: 2536
Loc: Land of Oz
Send PM


Re: license new [Re: ckirmse]
#351103 - 03/05/16 08:29 AM


> Hi all,
>
> It's been quite a while since I originally created MAME32 back around 0.19, but I
> just wanted to let you know that I'm fine with the BSD-3-clause license for any of my
> code that is still in MAMEUI. I already told the main MAME people the same for my
> contributions there. It's great to see you keeping it up! I still love MAME!
>
> Chris Kirmse

I'll take note of your license details, unfortunately it's not possible to know which parts you wrote, and which parts were written by somebody who is uncontactible.



pcb
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/01/07
Posts: 63
Send PM


Re: license new [Re: Robbbert]
#351106 - 03/05/16 09:50 AM


> > Hi all,
> >
> > It's been quite a while since I originally created MAME32 back around 0.19, but I
> > just wanted to let you know that I'm fine with the BSD-3-clause license for any of
> my
> > code that is still in MAMEUI. I already told the main MAME people the same for my
> > contributions there. It's great to see you keeping it up! I still love MAME!
> >
> > Chris Kirmse
>
> I'll take note of your license details, unfortunately it's not possible to know which
> parts you wrote, and which parts were written by somebody who is uncontactible.

It is good to see your post Chris. It's been a long time my friend. Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of such an amazing project that is still important today. To bring visual organization to a very complex command line program.

I too give my permission to use my contributions under the new BSD-3-clause license.

I do not know of any code that remains of the uncontactible early team that was not thrown out when we changed the credits in the about box.

When the team split Mame32 was unusable and broken. We threw out all the display, sound and command line code. We kept the ui and rewrote just about everything to work with the drastic changes the core made when Aaron took the reins of the core team.

I either wrote or rewrote the entire ui, all the dialog and option dialogs and the option ini handling and parsing. With Aaron helping to get it running with core support.

I'm sure you have rewritten a lot of my code since I became inactive around v0.0128 or so in 2008.

If you have specific questions, I will do my best to answer them.

Best,

Mike Haaland



Robbbert
Reged: 08/21/04
Posts: 2536
Loc: Land of Oz
Send PM


Re: license new [Re: pcb]
#351107 - 03/05/16 10:10 AM


> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > It's been quite a while since I originally created MAME32 back around 0.19, but I
> > > just wanted to let you know that I'm fine with the BSD-3-clause license for any
> of
> > my
> > > code that is still in MAMEUI. I already told the main MAME people the same for my
> > > contributions there. It's great to see you keeping it up! I still love MAME!
> > >
> > > Chris Kirmse
> >
> > I'll take note of your license details, unfortunately it's not possible to know
> which
> > parts you wrote, and which parts were written by somebody who is uncontactible.
>
> It is good to see your post Chris. It's been a long time my friend. Thank you for the
> opportunity to be a part of such an amazing project that is still important today. To
> bring visual organization to a very complex command line program.
>
> I too give my permission to use my contributions under the new BSD-3-clause license.
>
> I do not know of any code that remains of the uncontactible early team that was not
> thrown out when we changed the credits in the about box.
>
> When the team split Mame32 was unusable and broken. We threw out all the display,
> sound and command line code. We kept the ui and rewrote just about everything to work
> with the drastic changes the core made when Aaron took the reins of the core team.
>
> I either wrote or rewrote the entire ui, all the dialog and option dialogs and the
> option ini handling and parsing. With Aaron helping to get it running with core
> support.
>
> I'm sure you have rewritten a lot of my code since I became inactive around v0.0128
> or so in 2008.
>
> If you have specific questions, I will do my best to answer them.
>
> Best,
>
> Mike Haaland

Ah, thank you very much. I gained extra info from Stiletto, and so there's only one author left that we know of, that being "Jeff Miller". I have no idea if any of his code remains.



John IVModerator
IV/Play, MAME, MAMEUI
Reged: 09/22/03
Posts: 1622
Loc: Snohomish, WA, USA
Send PM


Re: license new [Re: Robbbert]
#351108 - 03/05/16 10:40 AM


Last information I had from Jeff was he did some index work in treeview.cpp in the early aughts which may have been overwritten in the ensuing years.



john iv
http://www.mameui.info/



Captain Pugwash
Ex-MameUIDev
Reged: 09/22/03
Posts: 136
Loc: Black Pig
Send PM


Re: license new [Re: ckirmse]
#351111 - 03/05/16 11:27 AM


I couldn't have worded that better. So I just "borrow" that code from Chris.

I'm fine with the BSD-3-clause license for any of my code that is still in MAMEUI.



So long, and thanks for all the fish.



Robbbert
Reged: 08/21/04
Posts: 2536
Loc: Land of Oz
Send PM


Re: license new [Re: Captain Pugwash]
#351118 - 03/05/16 12:28 PM


> I couldn't have worded that better. So I just "borrow" that code from Chris.
>
> I'm fine with the BSD-3-clause license for any of my code that is still in MAMEUI.

Thank you for the kind permission.


Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> MAMEUI & IV/Play
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV 
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4305