View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

DanDudeAmiga
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/03/17
Send PM

MAME won't run...until I disable the network adapter
#363322 - 02/08/17 09:39 AM

Here's a rather unusual problem. As I was attempting to restore DirectX, MAME was running while the network adapter is disabled. But, when my put my computer back online, MAME froze with a black screen until I reboot my computer. Do you know what is doing this? How can I fix it so it can run permanently online and offline?

DanDudeAmiga
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: MAME won't run...until I disable the network adapter new [Re: DanDudeAmiga]
#363539 - 02/15/17 07:30 AM

UPDATE: As I was attempting to eliminate any possible cause, I've decided to hook back up my DisplayPort cable to my HDMI port of my TV. With all 3 monitors hooked up and the network adapter enabled, I forced MAMEUIfx64 to use display# 3 through the on-board video chip provied by Intel while I have my other two monitors connected to the NVidia card. It STILL did not run! It froze, black screen. Then, I tried to disable the network adapter (on-board). It did not work, and it prevented Windows from restarting, powering down. ...Until I held down the power switch. After rebooting and verifying that the network adapter is turned off, MAME ran again. It doesn't matter which screen, it simply worked when the network adapter is disabled. Then, I tried re-enabling it while MAME runs. No issues. I stopped the emulator. I chose the same game as before, and it froze with a black screen.

Still need help, everyone. Spread the word.

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

#363540 - 02/15/17 07:47 AM

I would make sure that you've installed the latest drivers for your motherboard chipset, onboard LAN, onboard audio, onboard video, and standalone video card.

You might want to try the Intel Driver Update Utility for the Intel drivers...
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

If you're overclocking your CPU and/or GPU, you might want to stop until you figure out what's causing your problem.

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

DanDudeAmiga
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: MAME won't run...until I disable the network adapter new [Re: krick]
#363566 - 02/15/17 09:44 PM

No overclocking used.

I attempted to install the latest drivers, and it still failed. Frozen, black screen. Attempted to revert to older set install, that failed. Attempted to go back to the latest drivers, install failed on unknown error. MAME still won't run.

Sthiryu
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/09/16
Loc: Benidorm
Send PM

#363573 - 02/16/17 02:42 AM

Did you tried a clear instance of mame, without inis and cfg files?

RETRO DANUART YOUTUBE

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  redk9258, URherenow, Tafoid 
1 registered and 36 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 955