MAMEWorld Central >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Posts: 887
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM


PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working !
#364384 - 03/19/17 04:05 AM


I've downloaded and tested on my computer 3 PGM2 games :
- Knights of Valour 3
- Oriental Legend 2
- Knights of Valour 2: New Legend
All 3 works fine and more important it's safe - no malware/viruses/adds or whatever was found after testing for a month.
I am sharing this with You, because I know that some of You wanna play these games and also want to ask developers of MAME what they think about this emulator ?
After unpacking 7z archive there is one file called MAME.exe.
Here is the screenshot of my folder containing the emulator+storage card+rom :



...and the screenshot of the actual game (Knights of Valour 3) :




SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Posts: 15678
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: CTOJAH]
#364385 - 03/19/17 05:03 AM


So the source code isn't available and you've been around 7 years so either you're stupid or you're trolling. WTF do you think they think about it?



B2K24
Evolution is a mystery
Reged: 10/25/10
Posts: 2446
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: CTOJAH]
#364388 - 03/19/17 05:31 AM



Quote:


All 3 works fine and more important it's safe - no malware/viruses/adds or whatever was found after testing for a month





In addition to what Smit has said, how do you know your system isn't compromised in some way? How did you verify this? How do you know every key you type or other information stored on your drives isn't being sent somewhere without you even knowing it?






CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Posts: 887
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: Smitdogg]
#364392 - 03/19/17 05:39 AM


I am talking here about emulation/emulator itself, not about legal rights or source code. Some people says it's MAME 0.148u3 derivative with PGM2 driver only compiled.
As far as I know, I am not stupid at least I think so
I never trolled and I never will because it is not serious nor funny.
I uploaded my screenshots to show to the other people that they can play those games and they can play NOW.
You know, I am just a gamer and that's my point of view.



Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Posts: 847
Loc: Outland
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: Smitdogg]
#364393 - 03/19/17 05:39 AM


Yeah, those gfx look spot on too...

Perfect emulation obviously...



Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!



Envisaged0ne
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/06
Posts: 408
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: Smitdogg]
#364394 - 03/19/17 05:44 AM


He's the same person that just recently asked where he can download roms. So obviously he hasn't learned anything after being around for 7 years. I won't call him stupid, but I wouldn't call him intelligent either



Windows 10 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-6700 3.4 GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
16GB DDR4 RAM



CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Posts: 887
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: B2K24]
#364395 - 03/19/17 05:44 AM


> All 3 works fine and more important it's safe - no malware/viruses/adds or whatever
> was found after testing for a month
>
>
> In addition to what Smit has said, how do you know your system isn't compromised in
> some way? How did you verify this? How do you know every key you type or other
> information stored on your drives isn't being sent somewhere without you even knowing
> it?

System idle process is on 99% when my computer is in the "waiting" state (nothing started, just desktop) ; also AntiVirus program shows nothing suspicious after a whole month !
Of course, the computer is not slowed down or nothing like that.

P.S. I use computers since ZX Spectrum era and believe me I am sure about this 100 %.



SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Posts: 15678
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: CTOJAH]
#364396 - 03/19/17 05:45 AM


I'm not talking about legality. In fact not releasing the source code is probably now legal but obviously would irritate people who work on the source and release their code because legal or not that's shitty and not fair. Which is something you should know from having read the boards and seeing dev replies for 7 years, so why ask your question. And I seem to recall they are charging for it or am I remembering incorrectly. Is that something you think devs might enjoy, legal or not? Why ask questions where you already know the answer.



CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Posts: 887
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: Smitdogg]
#364397 - 03/19/17 05:54 AM


> I'm not talking about legality. In fact not releasing the source code is probably now
> legal but obviously would irritate people who work on the source and release their
> code because legal or not that's shitty and not fair.

Agree with that !


> Why ask
> questions where you already know the answer.

Excuse me, I was thinking of emulation of PGM2 itself, not about the "emulator". My question is :
How they do the emulation using MAME ?



CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Posts: 887
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: Envisaged0ne]
#364398 - 03/19/17 05:58 AM


> He's the same person that just recently asked where he can download roms. So
> obviously he hasn't learned anything after being around for 7 years. I won't call him
> stupid, but I wouldn't call him intelligent either

And what about Yourself sir ? Are You a wooden advocate of Smitdogg ? He obviously does NOT need one.



RdW
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/13/05
Posts: 197
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: CTOJAH]
#364404 - 03/19/17 11:04 AM


> > All 3 works fine and more important it's safe - no malware/viruses/adds or whatever
> > was found after testing for a month
> >
> >
> > In addition to what Smit has said, how do you know your system isn't compromised in
> > some way? How did you verify this? How do you know every key you type or other
> > information stored on your drives isn't being sent somewhere without you even
> knowing
> > it?
>
> System idle process is on 99% when my computer is in the "waiting" state (nothing
> started, just desktop) ; also AntiVirus program shows nothing suspicious after a
> whole month !
> Of course, the computer is not slowed down or nothing like that.
>
> P.S. I use computers since ZX Spectrum era and believe me I am sure about this 100 %.

a gamers POV....

FYI
https://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/04/02/the-rsa-hack-how-they-did-it/?_r=0

Edited by RdW (03/19/17 11:11 AM)



CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Posts: 887
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: RdW]
#364406 - 03/19/17 01:35 PM


> a gamers POV....
>
> FYI
> https://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/04/02/the-rsa-hack-how-they-did-it/?_r=0

This is not the case.
- How do I know ?
Mostly from my experience with internet :
1. The site from where I downloaded the emulator does not have clickbaits or popunders/popups or so...
2. They have full info about these 3 games/roms, together with videos "how to"
3. If the programmers/hackers provided source code it would be in the 7z archive that I downloaded
4. The emulator is fully working (It is MAME for sure, has internal UI, every shortcut works, only one driver included)
5. After all its only a game, if they want to stole Your informations they will surely go with newer games like Fifa 2017 or something with Denuvo cracked which has large popularity between gamers; these 3 games is only atractive for a few players/gamers around the world.
6. The site is not related with pr0n in any way
7. The site is English if that means anything at all ?! (Does not matter to me if it was Chinese/Vietnamese/Taiwanese...)

P.S. After all, the roms/rom sets that we all downloaded from PleasureDome (which is suggested here) through torrent - Are they safe from malware/software attacks/viruses ?



RdW
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/13/05
Posts: 197
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: CTOJAH]
#364407 - 03/19/17 02:19 PM


> > a gamers POV....
> >
> > FYI
> > https://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/04/02/the-rsa-hack-how-they-did-it/?_r=0
>
> This is not the case.
> - How do I know ?
> Mostly from my experience with internet :
> 1. The site from where I downloaded the emulator does not have clickbaits or
> popunders/popups or so...
> 2. They have full info about these 3 games/roms, together with videos "how to"
> 3. If the programmers/hackers provided source code it would be in the 7z archive that
> I downloaded
> 4. The emulator is fully working (It is MAME for sure, has internal UI, every
> shortcut works, only one driver included)
> 5. After all its only a game, if they want to stole Your informations they will
> surely go with newer games like Fifa 2017 or something with Denuvo cracked which has
> large popularity between gamers; these 3 games is only atractive for a few
> players/gamers around the world.
> 6. The site is not related with pr0n in any way
> 7. The site is English if that means anything at all ?! (Does not matter to me if it
> was Chinese/Vietnamese/Taiwanese...)
>
> P.S. After all, the roms/rom sets that we all downloaded from PleasureDome (which is
> suggested here) through torrent - Are they safe from malware/software attacks/viruses
> ?
1-7 no reasons at all to call the exe 100% safe
PS: these files can be checked (torrent client, rom manager, mame), but still are not 100% safe AFAIK (CRC32,MD5 and even SHA-1 are broken).
But why use roms to break out of mame if someone can trojan mame.exe directly and distribute it from a website which looks like 1-7? ;-)

Edited by RdW (03/19/17 02:23 PM)



CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Posts: 887
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: RdW]
#364408 - 03/19/17 02:24 PM


> 1-7 no reasons at all to call the exe 100% safe
> PS: these files can be checked (torrent client, rom manager, mame), but still are not
> 100% safe AFAIK (CRC32,MD5 and even SHA-1 are broken).
> But why try to use roms to break out of mame if someone can trojan mame.exe directly
> and distribute it from a website which looks like 1-7? ;-)

Conclusion : Nothing is 100% safe



CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Posts: 887
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: Bad A Billy]
#364409 - 03/19/17 02:35 PM


> Yeah, those gfx look spot on too...
>
> Perfect emulation obviously...

I don't get it ?!
Perhaps You are a sarcastic, or not...
See for Yourself :



YouTube poster (author of the video) says this :

[translated from Spanish with Google Translate]


Quote:


Let me explain it a bit above. This version of Mame is not official, have taken the driver that wrote in its day Haze and have perfected it to finish 'emulating' the games of this plate. It is a work external to the Mame team carried out by an Asian user (Chinese apparently) who has been forced to spend enough time working with the driver and with an original plate to make it 'work' and put everything in quotation marks because It does not work correctly at all, it has many faults.

You do not see PGM2 games working in Mame because the driver is incomplete, since no one has ever re-written code for it (well 7 or 8 days ago a line of a comment was corrected (let's say nothing has been done) and This version of Mame (based on revision 0.148u3, not any current, that is clear) has been compiled with some programming hacks included in that driver, so this version can run the games and The current ones can not because the driver is not the same.

Now in a couple of hours you will see another video of PGM2 also recorded by me with the same Mame.





Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Posts: 4367
Send PM


please just ban this moron and anybody else who posts this, thanks new [Re: CTOJAH]
#364412 - 03/19/17 04:24 PM


it's nothing but an insult to the team, taking our hard work, hacking it up, not providing the source, it was also done for commercial reasons I believe, what you see is a cracked version and the first versions that were posted at least had unwanted trojan downloader code in them at least.

it doesn't belong here, we've been through this before, and honestly, I'm sure he knows and is posting it BECAUSE it will piss off the devs.

and no, it's not 100% working, it's full of bugs because the HLE internal rom simulations aren't accurate.



Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Posts: 4367
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: Smitdogg]
#364413 - 03/19/17 04:26 PM


> I'm not talking about legality. In fact not releasing the source code is probably now
> legal

not in the slightest because for that to happen there would have to be no GPL code in there at all

and it's based off a version before the license was even changed, so 100% illegal to be posting it.



CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Posts: 887
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM


Re: please just ban this moron and anybody else who posts this, thanks new [Re: Haze]
#364414 - 03/19/17 04:35 PM


> it's nothing but an insult to the team, taking our hard work, hacking it up, not
> providing the source, it was also done for commercial reasons I believe, what you see
> is a cracked version and the first versions that were posted at least had unwanted
> trojan downloader code in them at least.
>
> it doesn't belong here, we've been through this before, and honestly, I'm sure he
> knows and is posting it BECAUSE it will piss off the devs.
>
> and no, it's not 100% working, it's full of bugs because the HLE internal rom
> simulations aren't accurate.

Haze, please take a pill - You'll be good in no time.
I have nothing against You, nor to You nor to anybody else here.



Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Posts: 4367
Send PM


Re: please just ban this moron and anybody else who posts this, thanks new [Re: CTOJAH]
#364415 - 03/19/17 04:37 PM


> > it's nothing but an insult to the team, taking our hard work, hacking it up, not
> > providing the source, it was also done for commercial reasons I believe, what you
> see
> > is a cracked version and the first versions that were posted at least had unwanted
> > trojan downloader code in them at least.
> >
> > it doesn't belong here, we've been through this before, and honestly, I'm sure he
> > knows and is posting it BECAUSE it will piss off the devs.
> >
> > and no, it's not 100% working, it's full of bugs because the HLE internal rom
> > simulations aren't accurate.
>
> Haze take a pill - You'll be good in no time.
> I have nothing against You, nor to You nor to anybody else here.

then why must you post moronic bullshit like this, type x loaders, 'where do I get roms' and god knows what else that even a tiny bit of common sense would tell you not to post?

seriously, this is taking your fist and shoving it straight into the faces of the developers, how do you *expect* me to react? it represents everything that has ever been wrong with emulation that we thought we'd manage to leave behind years ago.

if everybody had this terrible attitude there would be no MAME at all.



CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Posts: 887
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM


Re: please just ban this moron and anybody else who posts this, thanks new [Re: Haze]
#364416 - 03/19/17 04:46 PM


> then why must you post moronic bullshit like this, type x loaders and god knows what
> else that even a tiny bit of common sense would tell you not to post?
>
> seriously, this is taking your fist and shoving it straight into the faces of the
> developers, how do you *expect* me to react? it represents everything that has ever
> been wrong with emulation that we thought we'd manage to leave behind years ago.

Once again; I am NOT talking about policy of MAME team (legal rights or so) this is just all about playing games/roms by any means.
I am completely aware of legal stuff or "moral" rights and everything, but until we wait for "legal" emulation of these particular games - we will all be dead until then, right ? And the purpose of games is what ? - To be played, maybe ?
Nothing stops You or everyone else to continue to work on "real" emulation of PGM2 or some other drivers... ...meanwhile playing those games is NOT going to harm anyone.
That's my POV.
And stop analyze ME, discuss about ideas not persons. This is forum, right ?



Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Posts: 4367
Send PM


Re: please just ban this moron and anybody else who posts this, thanks new [Re: CTOJAH]
#364418 - 03/19/17 04:58 PM


> > then why must you post moronic bullshit like this, type x loaders and god knows
> what
> > else that even a tiny bit of common sense would tell you not to post?
> >
> > seriously, this is taking your fist and shoving it straight into the faces of the
> > developers, how do you *expect* me to react? it represents everything that has ever
> > been wrong with emulation that we thought we'd manage to leave behind years ago.
>
> Once again; I am NOT talking about policy of MAME team (legal rights or so) this is
> just all about playing games/roms by any means.
> I am completely aware of legal stuff or "moral" rights and everything, but until we
> wait for "legal" emulation of these particular games - we will all be dead until
> then, right ? And the purpose of games is what ? - To be played, maybe ?
> Nothing stops You or everyone else to continue to work on "real" emulation of PGM2 or
> some other drivers... ...meanwhile playing those games is NOT going to harm anyone.
> That's my POV.
> And stop analyze ME, discuss about ideas not persons. This is forum, right ?

I'm talking about you, because you're showing everything that is wrong with the scene 'just want to play free games at any cost'

That's the kind of thing that DESTROYS a scene, not builds it, it's the most vile and disrespectful attitude anybody can take, it's what I'd expect of a bratty 14 year old with an over inflated sense of privilege, not an adult. As I said, if everybody took this attitude you'd have no MAME at all because MAME is the opposite, it's the product of people working together for a more important cause, people putting in more than they could ever hope to take out.

This stuff does not belong here, you KNOW this stuff does not belong here, but you continue to post it over and over and over again. 'Just want to play free games' is not a valid excuse for that behaviour.

As you even state, it's a forum, it's a community, but that also means working together, not posting things that you know are damaging, otherwise your contribution to this community is not a positive one.



Shoegazr
Rockstar
Reged: 01/21/06
Posts: 603
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: CTOJAH]
#364420 - 03/19/17 06:50 PM


Wow, how dumb can you get.

CTOJAH, please delete your insulting post.



CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Posts: 887
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: Shoegazr]
#364421 - 03/19/17 07:01 PM


> Wow, how dumb can you get.
>
> CTOJAH, please delete your insulting post.

Oh boy !
What part of it exactly insults You ?



Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Posts: 4367
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: CTOJAH]
#364422 - 03/19/17 07:03 PM


> > Wow, how dumb can you get.
> >
> > CTOJAH, please delete your insulting post.
>
> Oh boy !
> What part of it exactly insults You ?

the part where you're shitting all over the community, which despite having had pointed out several times you still seem oblivious to?



CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Posts: 887
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: Haze]
#364424 - 03/19/17 07:15 PM


> the part where you're shitting all over the community, which despite having had
> pointed out several times you still seem oblivious to?

@Haze You are still nervous my friend ?!
I love You man.
You have enough power over me (my account here). Why You keep nudging the community against me ?

My post is about a few games which can be played until proper emulation come. (apparently with MAME)



Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Posts: 4367
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: CTOJAH]
#364425 - 03/19/17 07:23 PM


> > the part where you're shitting all over the community, which despite having had
> > pointed out several times you still seem oblivious to?
>
> @Haze You are still nervous my friend ?!
> I love You man.
> You have enough power over me (my account here). Why You keep nudging the community
> against me ?
>
> My post is about a few games which can be played until proper emulation come.
> (apparently with MAME)

you really don't get it.

your freeloading 'nothing but the games matters' attitude is insulting to everybody here, especially those involved in the development of the emulators.



CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Posts: 887
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: Haze]
#364429 - 03/19/17 07:34 PM


> you really don't get it.
>
> your freeloading 'nothing but the games matters' attitude is insulting to everybody
> here, especially those involved in the development of the emulators.

Let me explain myself once again :
Playing (a few) old games at home, not commercially at arcades or wherever at public is NOT harming anybody.
I never asked for free roms or emulator in the post so stop spreading that lie.
The other thing is that You do not like someone to hack/reprogram Your product (driver) and I am with You for that reason.



Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Posts: 4367
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: CTOJAH]
#364431 - 03/19/17 08:01 PM


> The other thing is that You do not like someone to hack/reprogram Your product
> (driver) and I am with You for that reason.

so if you know this, and know it's offensive to people here you shouldn't be posting it, nor surprised when people call you out for how insulting it is.

and let me make this clear, this isn't just something from somebody too ignorant to provide the source, this is something from somebody who has intentionally gone out of their way to make it useless for proper emulation, it's a massive 'fuck you' to the people who have worked hard on MAME. All MAME's debug features have been brutally ripped out so you can't see what's going on, it was wrapped in anti-debug software, so you couldn't debug it at that level, it IGNORES the content of some of the roms that are loaded in the rom load (but still expects a file) again with warning messages ripped out, so god knows what code it actually runs in some cases, or if there is any copyright data embedded in there and (at least) the initial versions that were posted had some remote downloader thing to download and run exes on your PC embedded in it (and no, just because a lot of people used it doesn't make something safe, it's been found out the likes of DS3Tool, which was very popular at one point have similar code that can be used to completely compromise a PC)

it's simply not trustworthy at all, it's been packaged from the ground up to do very suspicious things and foil any attempts to debug.

> I never asked for free roms or emulator in the post so stop spreading that lie.

as for asking for you asking for ROMs.. how else is anybody meant to interpret this?
http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...part=1&vc=1

and don't say telling people that there are no rom sites is 'informative'



Envisaged0ne
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/06
Posts: 408
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: CTOJAH]
#364435 - 03/19/17 10:05 PM


Seriously dude, you have now alienated everyone here in the MAME community. Weather you feel that's right or not, was it worth posting this crap in the forums? You just threw away 7 years where people had some respect for you right down the drain. You're coming in, asking where to get ROMS. Posting stuff that you know goes against MAME, just cause "hey, they're free games, so who cares". I can't believe you're ok with everyone hating you & looking like a complete stupid idiot. Quit acting like what you're doing is ok & just knock it off! You're not winning any points with anyone. Personally I think you're just enjoying all the attention, even if it's negative



Windows 10 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-6700 3.4 GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
16GB DDR4 RAM



CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Posts: 887
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: Haze]
#364447 - 03/20/17 12:34 AM


> and let me make this clear, this isn't just something from somebody too ignorant to
> provide the source, this is something from somebody who has intentionally gone out of
> their way to make it useless for proper emulation, it's a massive 'fuck you' to the
> people who have worked hard on MAME. All MAME's debug features have been brutally
> ripped out so you can't see what's going on, it was wrapped in anti-debug software,
> so you couldn't debug it at that level, it IGNORES the content of some of the roms
> that are loaded in the rom load (but still expects a file) again with warning
> messages ripped out, so god knows what code it actually runs in some cases, or if
> there is any copyright data embedded in there and (at least) the initial versions
> that were posted had some remote downloader thing to download and run exes on your PC
> embedded in it (and no, just because a lot of people used it doesn't make something
> safe, it's been found out the likes of DS3Tool, which was very popular at one point
> have similar code that can be used to completely compromise a PC)
>
> it's simply not trustworthy at all, it's been packaged from the ground up to do very
> suspicious things and foil any attempts to debug.

Now, this is the right answer to my question !
I wanted technical stuff to hear from You and this is it : How this "emulator" works, what's inside, things like that... Is this kind of "hacks" will be implemented in the future (particulary in PGM2 driver) and similar technical issues ?
There is no need of insulting each other.

> > I never asked for free roms or emulator in the post so stop spreading that lie.
>
> as for asking for you asking for ROMs.. how else is anybody meant to interpret this?
> http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...part=1&vc=1
>
> and don't say telling people that there are no rom sites is 'informative'

My point in that thread was :
Where do we have systematically ordered roms (e.g. by name) and also updated with newest MAME build at the moment ?
Do You think that I can not google for roms ?
Sometimes we need a few games and downloading torrent is not so practical, but as I was suggested by @Smitdogg, downloading the whole rom set is not a must - checking only the wanted roms do the job. Not very happy solution, but not worst neither.



CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Posts: 887
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: Envisaged0ne]
#364448 - 03/20/17 12:41 AM


> Seriously dude, you have now alienated everyone here in the MAME community. Weather
> you feel that's right or not, was it worth posting this crap in the forums? You just
> threw away 7 years where people had some respect for you right down the drain. You're
> coming in, asking where to get ROMS. Posting stuff that you know goes against MAME,
> just cause "hey, they're free games, so who cares". I can't believe you're ok with
> everyone hating you & looking like a complete stupid idiot. Quit acting like what
> you're doing is ok & just knock it off! You're not winning any points with anyone.
> Personally I think you're just enjoying all the attention, even if it's negative

If You came here to earn/win some points, You can have all my points.
Peace Nigga



Envisaged0ne
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/06
Posts: 408
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: CTOJAH]
#364449 - 03/20/17 12:49 AM


Yeap, thanks for proving my point. You just love the attention, even when it's negative. Have you always been this stupid and irritating? Are you proud of what you've accomplished? Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't be proud of people hating me for doing stupid shit. Maybe you can't accept that you're really so stupid and you're rationalizing that everyone else is wrong and against you. Anyway, I'll just get a headache trying to figure out your way of thinking. It's just stupid & ignorant & it doesn't have to be anymore complicated than that.

I'd personally suggest stop trying to convince HAZE that you didn't do anything wrong. All you're going to prove to him is that you don't get it & piss him off even more. Anwayy, good job at everything you've accomplished

Edited by Envisaged0ne (03/20/17 12:52 AM)



Windows 10 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-6700 3.4 GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
16GB DDR4 RAM



B2K24
Evolution is a mystery
Reged: 10/25/10
Posts: 2446
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: CTOJAH]
#364461 - 03/20/17 08:29 AM


> I've downloaded and tested on my computer 3 PGM2 games :
> - Knights of Valour 3
> - Oriental Legend 2
> - Knights of Valour 2: New Legend

via GIPHY







Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Posts: 4367
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: CTOJAH]
#364475 - 03/20/17 03:16 PM


> > and let me make this clear, this isn't just something from somebody too ignorant to
> > provide the source, this is something from somebody who has intentionally gone out
> of
> > their way to make it useless for proper emulation, it's a massive 'fuck you' to the
> > people who have worked hard on MAME. All MAME's debug features have been brutally
> > ripped out so you can't see what's going on, it was wrapped in anti-debug software,
> > so you couldn't debug it at that level, it IGNORES the content of some of the roms
> > that are loaded in the rom load (but still expects a file) again with warning
> > messages ripped out, so god knows what code it actually runs in some cases, or if
> > there is any copyright data embedded in there and (at least) the initial versions
> > that were posted had some remote downloader thing to download and run exes on your
> PC
> > embedded in it (and no, just because a lot of people used it doesn't make something
> > safe, it's been found out the likes of DS3Tool, which was very popular at one point
> > have similar code that can be used to completely compromise a PC)
> >
> > it's simply not trustworthy at all, it's been packaged from the ground up to do
> very
> > suspicious things and foil any attempts to debug.
>
> Now, this is the right answer to my question !
> I wanted technical stuff to hear from You and this is it : How this "emulator" works,
> what's inside, things like that... Is this kind of "hacks" will be implemented in the
> future (particulary in PGM2 driver) and similar technical issues ?
> There is no need of insulting each other.
>
> > > I never asked for free roms or emulator in the post so stop spreading that lie.
> >
> > as for asking for you asking for ROMs.. how else is anybody meant to interpret
> this?
> >
> http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...part=1&vc=1
> >
> > and don't say telling people that there are no rom sites is 'informative'
>
> My point in that thread was :
> Where do we have systematically ordered roms (e.g. by name) and also updated with
> newest MAME build at the moment ?
> Do You think that I can not google for roms ?
> Sometimes we need a few games and downloading torrent is not so practical, but as I
> was suggested by @Smitdogg, downloading the whole rom set is not a must - checking
> only the wanted roms do the job. Not very happy solution, but not worst neither.

I'm still not sure why you continue to think everything is OK.

You still haven't answered why you consider it acceptable to post this BS when it's clear it is harmful to the community.

The nearest thing you've ever given to an answer to that is that it's fine because you didn't create it, and are only passing on the news (that was with the hacked PC games I believe)

Really, as a member of the community what you're doing is no better than posting highly racist jokes you know will offend and claiming that it's ok because you didn't write them, and were just sharing, or kiddie porn and claiming it's fine because you didn't take the pictures. Just by sharing it's continuing the message of 'fuck you' giving your approval to it, and making you an unwanted member of the community.

This is MAMEworld, it's meant to be a site that supports MAME which is one reason very few people have ever really had an issue with the name / logo use.



Shoegazr
Rockstar
Reged: 01/21/06
Posts: 603
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: CTOJAH]
#364480 - 03/20/17 04:00 PM


> You have enough power over me (my account here). Why You keep nudging the community
> against me ?

I don't think Haze is "nudging" anyone against you, he's just saying what needs to be said. As for me, I was against your post from the moment I read it, and actually before I read it and just looked at the subject.

There are plenty of places to discuss this sort of garbage online if that's your thing, but raising it here in full knowledge of this site's overwhelming support for preservation goals, with which said garbage is in direct conflict? Just wow.



Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Posts: 934
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM


Internet Explorer 6 - tested on Win XP - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: CTOJAH]
#364481 - 03/20/17 04:41 PM


Source code or it didn't happen.



CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Posts: 887
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: Haze]
#364484 - 03/20/17 05:48 PM


> I'm still not sure why you continue to think everything is OK.
>
> You still haven't answered why you consider it acceptable to post this BS when it's
> clear it is harmful to the community.
>
> The nearest thing you've ever given to an answer to that is that it's fine because
> you didn't create it, and are only passing on the news (that was with the hacked PC
> games I believe)
>
> Really, as a member of the community what you're doing is no better than posting
> highly racist jokes you know will offend and claiming that it's ok because you didn't
> write them, and were just sharing, or kiddie porn and claiming it's fine because you
> didn't take the pictures. Just by sharing it's continuing the message of 'fuck you'
> giving your approval to it, and making you an unwanted member of the community.
>
> This is MAMEworld, it's meant to be a site that supports MAME which is one reason
> very few people have ever really had an issue with the name / logo use.

Sorry, my bad...
I was thinking of MameWorld community as a preservation AND THE GAMING part of it.
In the future, I'll be quiet about everything but MAME related (proper) emulation.
Excuse me once again.



CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Posts: 887
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: Shoegazr]
#364485 - 03/20/17 05:58 PM


> > You have enough power over me (my account here). Why You keep nudging the community
> > against me ?
>
> I don't think Haze is "nudging" anyone against you, he's just saying what needs to be
> said. As for me, I was against your post from the moment I read it, and actually
> before I read it and just looked at the subject.
>
> There are plenty of places to discuss this sort of garbage online if that's your
> thing, but raising it here in full knowledge of this site's overwhelming support for
> preservation goals, with which said garbage is in direct conflict? Just wow.

You are overreacting, but that's Your opinion and I will respect it.
You said :

Quote:


I was against your post from the moment I read it, and actually before I read it and just looked at the subject.



You telling me that You are against the PGM2 emulation ??? - That's the title says !
Also I disagree with You that this way of PLAYING those games is "garbage" - Why should it be ?
Anyway its opinion vs opinion/word vs word and we don't have to agree with everything, even if we belong to the same community.



CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Posts: 887
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM


Re: Internet Explorer 6 - tested on Win XP - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: Heihachi_73]
#364486 - 03/20/17 06:02 PM


> Source code or it didn't happen.

It DID happen believe it or not - About source code I would also like to see it or to be more precise : would like to see someone with knowledge to understand it.
I am hoping that someone will point the "author" of this "emulator" to the right direction.



Shoegazr
Rockstar
Reged: 01/21/06
Posts: 603
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: CTOJAH]
#364493 - 03/20/17 07:41 PM


> You telling me that You are against the PGM2 emulation ??? - That's the title says !

No, I knew what the title related to because of precedent / earlier events leading to it - and the big tip "100% safe & working".

> Also I disagree with You that this way of PLAYING those games is "garbage" - Why
> should it be ?

It does nothing at all to preserve PGM2 games nor knowledge of the underlying hardware thereof. In fact, its mere existence deters proper emulation efforts by developers who might otherwise be interested in doing something that's never been done before. For these and other reasons, it's pure garbage. You know this, but you're conveniently ignoring it because gamezzz.

C'mon man, wise up.



Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Posts: 4367
Send PM


Re: PGM2 emulation - tested on Win 7 - 100% safe & working ! new [Re: Shoegazr]
#364495 - 03/20/17 07:47 PM


> > You telling me that You are against the PGM2 emulation ??? - That's the title says
> !
>
> No, I knew what the title related to because of precedent / earlier events leading to
> it - and the big tip "100% safe & working".
>
> > Also I disagree with You that this way of PLAYING those games is "garbage" - Why
> > should it be ?
>
> It does nothing at all to preserve PGM2 games nor knowledge of the underlying
> hardware thereof. In fact, its mere existence deters proper emulation efforts by
> developers who might otherwise be interested in doing something that's never been
> done before. For these and other reasons, it's pure garbage. You know this, but
> you're conveniently ignoring it because gamezzz.
>
> C'mon man, wise up.

I've also concluded he's trolling, because I don't consider it possible to actually be this stupid otherwise, it's beyond comprehension.


Pages: 1

MAMEWorld Central >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  redk9258, URherenow, Tafoid 
1 registered and 52 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3718