MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Sense 8 on Netflix literally Jesus Tapdancing Christ
#365843 - 05/08/17 05:33 AM

I'm not anti-gay at all, not in the slightest bit but what in the dick sucking fuck. I've never seen anything that forced queer into every frame of a show or movie so much in my fucking life. Jesus tapdancing literally. What in the fuck have any of you seen this shit? Can someone let them know it's possible to have like 1 character in the show without gay ties, that won't necessarily ruin the show.

Nightvoice
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/19/10
Loc: The Room Next To You
Send PM

Re: Sense 8 on Netflix literally Jesus Tapdancing Christ new [Re: Smitdogg]
#365853 - 05/09/17 02:38 AM

I hear you. I don't hate gays and am not the least bit racist but I stopped watching all of the DC Comics shows because they've gone beyond social engineering and into sheer stupidity.

----------------------
I have officially retired from sucking at everything I do. Life is much easier now.

My MAME/MESS artwork files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ABxeKgNIrKlIsyck7dx4V241NFQDWAF4
Related screen shots: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U5IbvbVzYW97PuOOQuocvZFE_YJz7WIn

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Sense 8 on Netflix literally Jesus Tapdancing Christ new [Re: Nightvoice]
#365903 - 05/10/17 06:38 PM

> I hear you. I don't hate gays and am not the least bit racist but I stopped watching
> all of the DC Comics shows because they've gone beyond social engineering and into
> sheer stupidity.

As a minority (gay dude) I find the constant pandering to be on the annoying side as well. It seems like DC at least are going out of their way to emphasize the whole "Mainstream character turns out to be gay! Shock! Horror!!" sort of thing.

Maybe I'm just working with nice, professional people, but the number of times the fact that I'm in a relationship with a dude has come up in the workplace is minimal. The few times that it has come up, it's simply been in random chatting about our significant others, and people noticed that I was using male pronouns. The extent of any "drama" was someone asked, "Oh, you're gay?" to which I responded, "Yep, sure am," to which my coworker responded, "Oh, okay, that's cool."

I absolutely don't want to discount the many negative experiences that LGBT people have experienced from people who are shitheads, because there are certainly plenty of them out there, but in a way I find the treatment of the whole LGBT subject in most comics to be staggeringly patronizing, and they give an unfortunately rosy picture of peoples' options when they do experience true discrimination. It's really sad, but most cases of discrimination don't turn out favorably for the person being discriminated against. Superman doesn't fly in and magically save the day. If someone really is working for a bunch of homophobic assholes, the available paths of recourse are minimal: Sue your former employer in the hope of some sort of punitive judgment, or move on and find a more accepting workplace. Neither of them are happy options.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Sense 8 on Netflix literally Jesus Tapdancing Christ new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#365908 - 05/10/17 11:03 PM

> I absolutely don't want to discount the many negative experiences that LGBT people

"Q." Don't leave out the Q.

I don't recall enough about Sense8 to agree or disagree with the original post. Maybe I didn't notice it because it was less than the 80% I saw in a certain Doctor Who spinoff.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 15 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1476