MAMEWorld Central >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Posts: 5500
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM


PSP need to be dump. Then send it to MAME Dev Team. Doesn't matter which model it is.
#367053 - 06/21/17 05:18 AM


Might get away paying $40 or more for a used PSP from Amazon. Good enough to be dump. https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/...mp;keywords=PSP

Willing to help on the donations for one. Don't wait for the prices go up.

ShouTime or anyone up for the dumping challenge?

Note: Will be my last time bring this up. No more asking after this.

I already talk about this while back. http://forums.bannister.org//ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=109883#Post109883



Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Intel Core i5-4460 3.20 GHz / 8.00 GB RAM / AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dunard-1884/
https://sites.google.com/site/o0kinghanco0o/mame_building_info (Updated on the 07/18/2017 at 9:49 PM.)



SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Posts: 15680
Send PM


Re: PSP need to be dump. Then send it to MAME Dev Team. Doesn't matter which model it is. new [Re: Dullaron]
#367056 - 06/21/17 06:06 AM


Obviously it was dumped in order to crack it 20 times over. Go find the dumps instead of asking people to reinvent the wheel.



Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Posts: 5500
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM


Re: PSP need to be dump. Then send it to MAME Dev Team. Doesn't matter which model it is. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#367058 - 06/21/17 08:19 AM


> Obviously it was dumped in order to crack it 20 times over. Go find the dumps instead
> of asking people to reinvent the wheel.

Oh I didn't know PSP system board is dumped.

I did never find a dumped of the PSP system board. Probably looking at the wrong place.

Edit: I found info of dump psp【AX6600S】【AX6300S】. That all. In Japanese. I can't read it. lol



Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Intel Core i5-4460 3.20 GHz / 8.00 GB RAM / AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dunard-1884/
https://sites.google.com/site/o0kinghanco0o/mame_building_info (Updated on the 07/18/2017 at 9:49 PM.)



SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Posts: 15680
Send PM


Re: PSP need to be dump. Then send it to MAME Dev Team. Doesn't matter which model it is. new [Re: Dullaron]
#367059 - 06/21/17 08:27 AM


I haven't messed with the hacking tools in years but I'm pretty sure they can dump the bios/firmware through the USB port. The hardware changed drastically between revisions and on top of that one version of the firmware is only going to get you so far. It's not something that can be hardware dumped and put back together easily at all. It's possible but, I mean I could list the details but it would be a waste of time. To get half the versions that way you'll brick 30 PSPs. A software USB solution and you could get all the versions and brick 0 (maybe, most everything is probably updated unless it's still NOS boxed or something). Some games came with bios/firmware updates included in the game as well. And as far as redumping all the 1,000 games to not have intros etc., that'll be another problem.

A mamedev contacting the crackers is probably the best idea to get all the versions, I doubt anyone else kept them all archived but who knows.



Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Posts: 5500
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM


Re: PSP need to be dump. Then send it to MAME Dev Team. Doesn't matter which model it is. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#367061 - 06/21/17 08:40 AM


> I haven't messed with the hacking tools in years but I'm pretty sure they can dump
> the bios/firmware through the USB port. The hardware changed drastically between
> revisions and on top of that one version of the firmware is only going to get you so
> far. It's not something that can be hardware dumped and put back together easily at
> all. It's possible but, I mean I could list the details but it would be a waste of
> time. To get half the versions that way you'll brick 30 PSPs. A software USB solution
> and you could get all the versions and brick 0 (maybe, most everything is probably
> updated unless it's still NOS boxed or something). Some games came with bios/firmware
> updates included in the game as well. And as far as redumping all the 1,000 games to
> not have intros etc., that'll be another problem.
>
> A mamedev contacting the crackers is probably the best idea to get all the versions,
> I doubt anyone else kept them all archived but who knows.

I have a PSP 3000. If I knew how to dump it. I would do it and then send it to them afterward. I have a USB for my PSP 3000. But I don't think they want a dump from using a USB wire though. Unless they will except it anyway. I just need a software to do it.

Make this any clear to anyone else. Not talking about the games. PSP System only.

Anyway I'm done talking about this here.



Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Intel Core i5-4460 3.20 GHz / 8.00 GB RAM / AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dunard-1884/
https://sites.google.com/site/o0kinghanco0o/mame_building_info (Updated on the 07/18/2017 at 9:49 PM.)



SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Posts: 15680
Send PM


Re: PSP need to be dump. Then send it to MAME Dev Team. Doesn't matter which model it is. new [Re: Dullaron]
#367062 - 06/21/17 08:49 AM


It's possible but probably someone would have to buy a donor PSP and whatever adapters are needed. But then you'd just have one version.



B2K24
Evolution is a mystery
Reged: 10/25/10
Posts: 2447
Send PM


Re: PSP need to be dump. Then send it to MAME Dev Team. Doesn't matter which model it is. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#367063 - 06/21/17 09:11 AM


I have 2 working units I still mess around with.

Daxter Ice slim TA-085 V1
Piano black slim TA-085 V2

I got full NAND dumps, dumps of the IDStorage, keys, etc.
Cory's NandTool (nandTool 0.4 final NEO) is really good stuff

With software, I can dump Flash0 which contains the actual firmware files. These files are encrypted and sig-checked though.

Not sure how to specifically dump just the BIOS/Firmware.






MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Posts: 1532
Send PM


Re: PSP need to be dump. Then send it to MAME Dev Team. Doesn't matter which model it is. new [Re: B2K24]
#367065 - 06/21/17 10:02 AM


> With software, I can dump Flash0 which contains the actual firmware files. These
> files are encrypted and sig-checked though.

Right, and this is what Dullaron was alluding to. If MAME is going to emulate the PSP at all, we want to do it as low-level as possible.

However, even the couple MAMEdevs who have probably shipped a PSP title would have only interacted with the hardware via Sony's development libraries and OS calls, never talking to the low-level hardware itself.

As far as any of us are aware, all PSP "emulators", for their part, cut the system off at the knees and don't bother emulating it at a low level. Think of it like this - A MIPS R4000 chip always starts executing at a fixed address in memory: 0xBFC00000. There's always got to be something providing that initial startup code, either an internal ROM, or a microcontroller in the case of the N64, or whatever. By contrast - again, as far as any of us are aware - all PSP emulators just load the game executable directly into emulated memory, grovel into the Sony-documented executable header, and get the start address. Not exactly emulating the whole console, yeah?

So what we're looking for is any sort of documentation or dumps that are sufficiently low-level that they could be used to emulate a PSP from "hard" power-on.



casm
Cinematronics > *
Reged: 08/27/07
Posts: 646
Send PM


Re: PSP need to be dump. Then send it to MAME Dev Team. Doesn't matter which model it is. new [Re: Dullaron]
#367066 - 06/21/17 10:29 AM


> I have a PSP 3000. If I knew how to dump it. I would do it and then send it to them
> afterward. I have a USB for my PSP 3000. But I don't think they want a dump from
> using a USB wire though. Unless they will except it anyway. I just need a software to
> do it.

Think about this for a moment:

If the software existed to do the sort of dump you're talking about, the dump would already have been done.



Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Posts: 4368
Send PM


Re: PSP need to be dump. Then send it to MAME Dev Team. Doesn't matter which model it is. new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#367071 - 06/21/17 11:32 AM


> > With software, I can dump Flash0 which contains the actual firmware files. These
> > files are encrypted and sig-checked though.
>
> Right, and this is what Dullaron was alluding to. If MAME is going to emulate the PSP
> at all, we want to do it as low-level as possible.
>
> However, even the couple MAMEdevs who have probably shipped a PSP title would have
> only interacted with the hardware via Sony's development libraries and OS calls,
> never talking to the low-level hardware itself.
>
> As far as any of us are aware, all PSP "emulators", for their part, cut the system
> off at the knees and don't bother emulating it at a low level. Think of it like this
> - A MIPS R4000 chip always starts executing at a fixed address in memory: 0xBFC00000.
> There's always got to be something providing that initial startup code, either an
> internal ROM, or a microcontroller in the case of the N64, or whatever. By contrast -
> again, as far as any of us are aware - all PSP emulators just load the game
> executable directly into emulated memory, grovel into the Sony-documented executable
> header, and get the start address. Not exactly emulating the whole console, yeah?
>
> So what we're looking for is any sort of documentation or dumps that are sufficiently
> low-level that they could be used to emulate a PSP from "hard" power-on.

While not specifically talking about the PSP, I think the dev team do need to be flexible with such things to a point, emulating things at one level, then revisiting and improving on them later if more information comes to light.

I feel something like the Nuon would need such an approach as otherwise you're emulating an entire DVD Player just to get to the point where you can start to run software for a basically unrelated architecture that was bolted on.

Trying to aim for 'perfect from the start' doesn't always work. Look at all the MCU dumps we're adding in MAME right now, had we simply refused to do HLE of those back in the day MAME would not be the emulator it is right now and would have likely been surpassed by others who were willing to and we'd be talking about them right now instead of MAME.

The approach we took however left us in good stead for using the dumps now they're available, and making sure a lot of other things were correct in the meantime. If we were scrambling to write the entire drives for the first time it would have taken a lot longer to spot the bad dumps for example.



crazyc
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/23/16
Posts: 20
Send PM


Re: PSP need to be dump. Then send it to MAME Dev Team. Doesn't matter which model it is. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#367075 - 06/21/17 03:41 PM


We really need (at least it would be helpful) a dump of the pre-IPL too. There doesn't seem to be any dumps available even though a few people apparently were able to extract it.



B2K24
Evolution is a mystery
Reged: 10/25/10
Posts: 2447
Send PM


Re: PSP need to be dump. Then send it to MAME Dev Team. Doesn't matter which model it is. new [Re: crazyc]
#367076 - 06/21/17 04:49 PM


> We really need (at least it would be helpful) a dump of the pre-IPL too. There
> doesn't seem to be any dumps available even though a few people apparently were able
> to extract it.

Damn, there was one posted on Lan.st back in the day, but I don't believe I downloaded it.

It's too bad the Lan.st forums are gone as there was so much information on those forums.

This thread was pretty epic before regeneration of IDStorage was figured out.

http://uofw.github.io/upspd/docs/softwar...ISCUSSION].html

Good times in those days figuring out the PSP






R. Belmont
Cookoo for Konami
Reged: 09/21/03
Posts: 9552
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM


Re: PSP need to be dump. Then send it to MAME Dev Team. Doesn't matter which model it is. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#367077 - 06/21/17 04:56 PM


> Obviously it was dumped in order to crack it 20 times over. Go find the dumps instead
> of asking people to reinvent the wheel.

The crack was strictly for piracy and they never fully REed the boot process or dumped the boot ROM or BIOS. It's not clear that it's possible, either, they might need decapping to get things to a MAMEdev level of detail.



R. Belmont
Cookoo for Konami
Reged: 09/21/03
Posts: 9552
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM


Re: PSP need to be dump. Then send it to MAME Dev Team. Doesn't matter which model it is. new [Re: B2K24]
#367078 - 06/21/17 05:29 PM


> It's too bad the Lan.st forums are gone as there was so much information on those
> forums.

There's a lot of lan.st in the Wayback Machine if you know the URLs. For instance, silverspring.lan.st has (parts of) the system library reverse-engineering.



B2K24
Evolution is a mystery
Reged: 10/25/10
Posts: 2447
Send PM


Re: PSP need to be dump. Then send it to MAME Dev Team. Doesn't matter which model it is. new [Re: R. Belmont]
#367085 - 06/21/17 08:13 PM


Thanks for the heads-up on that.

I found this while googling. I'm charging my batteries now and will find out if it works.






B2K24
Evolution is a mystery
Reged: 10/25/10
Posts: 2447
Send PM


Re: PSP need to be dump. Then send it to MAME Dev Team. Doesn't matter which model it is. new [Re: B2K24]
#367104 - 06/22/17 07:12 AM


Unfortunately, after a bunch of messing around, I've determined that the ipl_bios_dumper (if it even works at all) most likely only works on an original Phat PSP using the 1.50 kernel.

Not sure if it's the same one created by moonlight.

I'm unable to do anything with it only having access to slims currently as they don't support 1.50 kernel stuff.

I'll keep a look out and attempt to pick up a phat if a store like goodwill, gamestop, craigslist, etc. has one I'm interested in.






Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Posts: 5500
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM


Re: PSP need to be dump. Then send it to MAME Dev Team. Doesn't matter which model it is. new [Re: B2K24]
#367107 - 06/22/17 09:18 AM


> Unfortunately, after a bunch of messing around, I've determined that the
> ipl_bios_dumper (if it even works at all) most likely only works on an original Phat
> PSP using the 1.50 kernel.
>
> Not sure if it's the same one created by moonlight.
>
> I'm unable to do anything with it only having access to slims currently as they don't
> support 1.50 kernel stuff.
>
> I'll keep a look out and attempt to pick up a phat if a store like goodwill,
> gamestop, craigslist, etc. has one I'm interested in.

I did find PSP-IPL-SDK Rev.0.5 (2007.10.9) post from a forum. Anyway the source is here at https://github.com/soywiz/psp_ipl_sdk

Here what the person said from a forum. No I'm not posting the link here. Look up the name of UncertainGod. The reason is that I do not want to post a link that have a ton of ROM's hidden or what ever. I never did check the forums out to see. Don't care. Not even sure this is useful for us and MAME Dev team. I'm not gonna try until someone else tested this out first. This tool just might ruin the PSP.


Code:


PSP IPL SDK released
Booster recently informed the maxconsole website that he is releasing the PSP IPL(Initial Program Loader) SDK(Software Developers Kit) to the community.

Nothing much more to be said really other than the possibilities this could open up, for example having a complete custom firmware without one bit of sony code in it, or port the linux kernel and build the ultimate multimedia/emulator OS for your PSP hardware.

I can see some interesting projects coming out of this, what do you think?


A copy of the readme and the download link are below.



Note: Link no longer have the download anymore.


Code:


PSP-IPL-SDK Rev.0.5 (2007.10.9)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an open SoftwareDevelopmentKit for PSP IPL code.
And example.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
directories
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- driver / library --

IPL_SDK/ --- PSP driver and libs to build IPL/boot code.
LIBC/ --- poor stdio libs.
tff/ --- ChaN's open source FAT File System Module.
PANDORA/ --- PANDORA'S BATTERY (readme.txt only)

-- PSP RAW IPL code example --

MS_NORMAL/ --- Normal NAND boot for MS-IPL.
MS_MULTI_LOADER/ --- MS MultiLoader for MS-IPL.

-- boot code example for MS MultiLoader --

ML_FLASH_LED/ --- The simplest exsample.
ML_BIOS_DUMPER/ --- 'pre-ipl' BIOS ROM dumper.
ML_MAIN_BIN_DUMPER/ --- IPL "main.bin" dumper.
ML_DDR_DUMPER/ --- DDR-SDRAM dumper at last power off.
ML_RECOVERY_LOADER/ --- PANDORA'S BATTERY recovery menu bootloader.

-- tools --

msinst/ --- MS IPL code installer for Windows PC.

-- misc code / tool --

iplex/ --- 2nd IPL,"ipl.bin" loader with patch (for CFW/downgrader)
installer/ --- IPL patch & boot code installer to NAND Flash (for CFW)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
note
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------
kprintf message

Connect a serial port via HPRemote with 115Kbps.
The output of Kprintf() out there.
Plug mini-jack because SYSCON cuts power automatically when pulling out a plug.

--------------------------------------
MultiLoader file format

see MS_MULTI_LOADER/readme.txt

----------------------------------------
Top address of MultiLoader bootcode

"PROVIDE (__executable_start = 0x040e0000); . = 0x040e0000;"
in "IPL_SDK/pspipl.x"

----------------------------------------
DDR-SDRAM

The DDR-SDRAM can not use because it isn't initialized.
The simple way of using SDRAM is to be in the hook after main.bin is initialized.
see the "ML_DDRDUMP" example.

finally,the original SDRAM driver should be made.




Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Intel Core i5-4460 3.20 GHz / 8.00 GB RAM / AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dunard-1884/
https://sites.google.com/site/o0kinghanco0o/mame_building_info (Updated on the 07/18/2017 at 9:49 PM.)



MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Posts: 1532
Send PM


Re: PSP need to be dump. Then send it to MAME Dev Team. Doesn't matter which model it is. new [Re: Dullaron]
#367115 - 06/22/17 03:38 PM


Cool stuff, Dullaron.

The thing is, that isn't for dumping the "IPL" (BIOS), it's for creating your own custom BIOS.

Think of it like making a new BIOS for your PC, instead of dumping the one that's already there.



anikom15
Cleric
Reged: 04/11/16
Posts: 209
Send PM


Re: PSP need to be dump. Then send it to MAME Dev Team. Doesn't matter which model it is. new [Re: Haze]
#367121 - 06/22/17 07:40 PM


I think it is totally reasonable to use HLE to get around encryption.

I would support HLE if it means that it allows 'higher-level' parts of the system to be implemented more accurately, i.e. the overall emulator has good progress by the time low-level components are understood better, but I'm skeptical of how effective that actually is.



Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Posts: 4368
Send PM


Re: PSP need to be dump. Then send it to MAME Dev Team. Doesn't matter which model it is. new [Re: anikom15]
#367122 - 06/22/17 08:19 PM


> I think it is totally reasonable to use HLE to get around encryption.
>
> I would support HLE if it means that it allows 'higher-level' parts of the system to
> be implemented more accurately, i.e. the overall emulator has good progress by the
> time low-level components are understood better, but I'm skeptical of how effective
> that actually is.

well I've always felt that aiming for perfection from the start usually just results in nothing happening, because the task seems insurmountable.

that's why I'll always advocate doing something, documenting what can be documented, even if it means just creating a text file for a system where notes can be dumped and, if there's a rom loading structure, any relevant material can be stored.

'gotta start somewhere'

problem is otherwise a lot of knowledge ends up getting lost.. eg. a few years ago there were some dumps done from Nuon based DVD players I believe.. however none of that information was ever added to MAME, so anybody looking into it is unlikely to be able to find them, or the information pertaining to them.

as we're seeing with this thread here, it's possible that some of the data people want once existed too, but since nobody collected it, or archived it, it no longer exists..

if you have an emulator that works, cataloguing software becomes easier too (although you have to be careful, cataloguing hacked images that only work with the emulator can actually be destructive as people start throwing away proper images, it's important to make sure the cataloguing the originals is a priority, even if those are non-working and bootleg clones are needed to actually run)

Edited by Haze (06/22/17 08:19 PM)



Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Posts: 5500
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM


Re: PSP need to be dump. Then send it to MAME Dev Team. Doesn't matter which model it is. new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#367131 - 06/23/17 01:51 AM


> Cool stuff, Dullaron.
>
> The thing is, that isn't for dumping the "IPL" (BIOS), it's for creating your own
> custom BIOS.
>
> Think of it like making a new BIOS for your PC, instead of dumping the one that's
> already there.

That not good. Just a hack/homebrew then. I wouldn't trust that at all.



B2K24
Evolution is a mystery
Reged: 10/25/10
Posts: 2447
Send PM


Re: PSP need to be dump. Then send it to MAME Dev Team. Doesn't matter which model it is. new [Re: Haze]
#367151 - 06/23/17 04:40 PM


This just got posted a few hours ago and seems interesting.

https://github.com/zecoxao/ipltool


Quote:


ipltool updated! We finally have a working psp IPL encrypter! Congrats to everyone involved!

Unlike the previously available encrypter (which generated non working blocks), ipltool was tested against real hardware (on DTP-T1000)




- Mathieulh



Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Posts: 934
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM


Re: PSP need to be dump. Then send it to MAME Dev Team. Doesn't matter which model it is. new [Re: anikom15]
#367197 - 06/24/17 10:34 PM


> I think it is totally reasonable to use HLE to get around encryption.
>
> I would support HLE if it means that it allows 'higher-level' parts of the system to
> be implemented more accurately, i.e. the overall emulator has good progress by the
> time low-level components are understood better, but I'm skeptical of how effective
> that actually is.

To me, "HLE" means Project64, ePSXe, poor compatibility and crappy graphics plugins that turn the games into faux HD.

If by HLE you actually mean a dynamic recompiler so that games might run at a playable frame rate instead of a 3 frame per second slideshow, or a hack or two just so the system can actually boot and/or load games (so that further things can be emulated and the hacks finally be removed), that's another story.



Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Posts: 5500
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM


I guest the dumps won't be sent to MAME Dev team. new [Re: Dullaron]
#367759 - 07/12/17 06:12 AM


I wonder what happen? They couldn't do it?

Some of us seen PSP boards (Pictures) at the other forums.



SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Posts: 15680
Send PM


Re: I guest the dumps won't be sent to MAME Dev team. new [Re: Dullaron]
#367760 - 07/12/17 06:43 AM


Sony firmware has always been the most overly paranoid I'm-gonna-get-my-butt-sued gaming software ever on the planet. I guess it all started with Bleem and them winning for making their own bios. The only thing with a similar history length of release paranoia is a complete horseshit story about Marble Man and taxes from the 1980s. Anyway, if he's not releasing then it sounds like twitter likes are more important to him than game preservation.



Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Posts: 5500
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM


Re: I guest the dumps won't be sent to MAME Dev team. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#367763 - 07/12/17 09:15 AM


> Sony firmware has always been the most overly paranoid I'm-gonna-get-my-butt-sued
> gaming software ever on the planet. I guess it all started with Bleem and them
> winning for making their own bios. The only thing with a similar history length of
> release paranoia is a complete horseshit story about Marble Man and taxes from the
> 1980s. Anyway, if he's not releasing then it sounds like twitter likes are more
> important to him than game preservation.

I agreed with you on this.


Pages: 1

MAMEWorld Central >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  redk9258, URherenow, Tafoid 
0 registered and 38 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1721