MAMEWorld Central >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

dfrance
Crazed Collector
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: The Black
Send PM

(Arpicade) HDMI to VGA? - Solved!
#367523 - 07/03/17 11:37 PM Attachment: ra-19-lcd-crt-kit_02lg.jpg 116 KB (0 downloads)

Anyone know a way to convert the HDMI signal on an Arpicade/RaspberryPi-JAMMA to a (S)VGA monitor? I've tried using the dongle on the piJAMMA PCB board, as well as one I got from Wal-Mart and another from Best Buy. I've tried a couple different monitors (and my TV which also has that blue SVGA input) - no luck. I'd like to keep the 4:3 aspect ratio of the SVGA monitor, and don't have a spare 19" arcade monitor (at the moment). Is there a software tweak I'm missing?

SOLUTION: Every once in a while my Google-Fu would come up with a mention of a Holland Video Adapter, so I looked up a pic and whadya know - I had three of these (one still sealed in a anti-static bag) that I had in a box in the garage.

Wired it up using an old 5V Nokia wall plug - nothing...wired up a spare switching power supply and BINGO, I'm in business.

And for the purists out there, this isn't for a classic cab, but a home-made (in 2000) MAME cab I built while I was between jobs.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Edited by dfrance (07/07/17 10:56 PM)

R. Belmont
Cookoo for Konami
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: (Arpicade) HDMI to VGA? - Solved! new [Re: dfrance]
#367857 - 07/14/17 08:52 PM

> And for the purists out there, this isn't for a classic cab, but a home-made (in
> 2000) MAME cab I built while I was between jobs.

Try to keep up The monitor isn't why we disapprove, it's the Raspberry Puke.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: (Arpicade) HDMI to VGA? - Solved! new [Re: R. Belmont]
#367872 - 07/15/17 06:53 AM

> > And for the purists out there, this isn't for a classic cab, but a home-made (in
> > 2000) MAME cab I built while I was between jobs.
>
> Try to keep up The monitor isn't why we disapprove, it's the Raspberry Puke.

So corny and cheap. Can even catch your cabinet on fire. (Joking about the fire part.) lol

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Intel Core i5-4460 3.20 GHz / 8.00 GB RAM / AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dunard-1884/
https://sites.google.com/site/o0kinghanco0o/mame_building_info (Updated on the 07/18/2017 at 9:49 PM.)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld Central >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Gatinho 
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 710