MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

DU: Pop’n Run
#376031 - 05/06/18 11:28 PM

Thanks to Antonio Rodriguez and Recreativas.org we got a dump of Pop’n Run but we haven't yet figured out how to dump the graphics module

SHVB dumped Marvel Super Heroes (951024 BRAZIL)

Brian A. Troha improved the documentation for Mini Vegas 4-in-1

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: DU: Pop’n Run new [Re: Smitdogg]
#376035 - 05/07/18 01:44 AM

> Thanks to Antonio Rodriguez and Recreativas.org we got a dump of Pop’n Run but we
> haven't yet figured out how to dump the graphics module
>
>

fwiw, as with Air Raid they're more than just the graphic data too

the background modules contain all the tilemap gfx, tilemap layouts and the colour lookup prom (all the game provides is an x/y coordinate)

the sprite modules contain the sprite gfx, and the sprite colour lookup prom (obviously not the layouts, because sprites aren't fixed layout)

so you can't just assume they're roms and dump them that way, because they have real logic inside of them which means the data coming out is unlikely to be unprocessed.

probably going to be some kind of xray / decap / probe / bonding type job, which could well be destructive, and on a PCB this rare nobody is going to want to do that. we at least need to figure out air raid first to have confidence in a method.

anyway, assuming this dump is public i'll see if I can find the partial driver I did a few years ago.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 31 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 646