MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Reged: 08/07/05
Posts: 397
Send PM


Game&Watch - Help with external artwork
#368627 - 08/08/17 01:54 PM


I did a vector of the Mario Bros. G&W device and now I need help inserting it into the current emulation. Here's the link to the finished artwork:

http://rcoltrane.50webs.com/MBG&Wcasevectorrc.png

Does anyone here know how to create the .lay files and add proper external artwork support in these G&W drivers?

If it looks good with the game screens inserted on it, then I will start vectoring other devices.



Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Posts: 5739
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: R.Coltrane]
#368630 - 08/08/17 07:11 PM


> I did a vector of the Mario Bros. G&W device and now I need help inserting it into
> the current emulation. Here's the link to the finished artwork:
>
> http://rcoltrane.50webs.com/MBG&Wcasevectorrc.png
>
> If it looks good with the game screens inserted on it, then I will do other devices.

Nice work. Yea with the game screens added. It gonna look great.

Be cool getting the red up/down switches to work in animated. I still play it without the animated anyway.



Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Intel Core i5-4460 3.20 GHz / 8.00 GB RAM / AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dunard-1884/
https://sites.google.com/site/o0kinghanco0o/mame_building_info (Updated on the 07/18/2017 at 9:49 PM.)



Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Posts: 4454
Loc: California
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: R.Coltrane]
#368642 - 08/09/17 07:12 PM Attachment: gnw_56.png 57 KB (1 downloads)


> I did a vector of the Mario Bros. G&W device and now I need help inserting it into
> the current emulation. Here's the link to the finished artwork:
>
> http://rcoltrane.50webs.com/MBG&Wcasevectorrc.png
>
> Does anyone here know how to create the .lay files and add proper external artwork
> support in these G&W drivers?
>
> If it looks good with the game screens inserted on it, then I will start vectoring
> other devices.

Screenshot below... artwork file in next reply.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment




RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.




Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Posts: 4454
Loc: California
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: Mr. Do]
#368643 - 08/09/17 07:12 PM Attachment: gnw_mw56.zip 308 KB (24 downloads)


Artwork file attached.




RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.




R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Reged: 08/07/05
Posts: 397
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: Mr. Do]
#368644 - 08/09/17 07:35 PM


Awesome work as always MrDo!! I'll try it here now, thanks a lot! It looks waaaay better now

Do you think that it would be possible to include buttons movement on it as well?

I can generate the red buttons separately with them the way they are now and also both turned upside-down, which will give the impression of the button being pressed in the opposite direction. The current buttons in this artwork would be the 'down' arrow pressed and the upside down button would be the 'up' arrow pressed.

I can also do the small black buttons being pressed as well.

If it's possible to be done, tell me what is needed in terms of artwork and I will post it here.

Edited by R.Coltrane (08/09/17 07:46 PM)



Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Posts: 5739
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: Mr. Do]
#368652 - 08/10/17 02:03 AM


> Artwork file attached.

Challenge when the screens spread apart. Hard to keep up on the moving beers boxes. lol



Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Intel Core i5-4460 3.20 GHz / 8.00 GB RAM / AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dunard-1884/
https://sites.google.com/site/o0kinghanco0o/mame_building_info (Updated on the 07/18/2017 at 9:49 PM.)



R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Reged: 08/07/05
Posts: 397
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: Dullaron]
#368692 - 08/12/17 02:53 PM


Mr.DO, now we need to try inserting a grey overlay that is going at the top of these screens, to see if it is going to look like the original machine, which has a grey tone in the background and not white. DO you think it is possible to do such thing with the .LAY artwork?

Hap tried to replace the white background with a grey color but he said the objects in front of it were oversaturated and it did not look nice, so he recommended applying an overlay instead to see what happens.



Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Posts: 4454
Loc: California
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: R.Coltrane]
#368709 - 08/13/17 04:01 AM Attachment: overlay_test.png 86 KB (4 downloads)


> Mr.DO, now we need to try inserting a grey overlay that is going at the top of these
> screens, to see if it is going to look like the original machine, which has a grey
> tone in the background and not white. DO you think it is possible to do such thing
> with the .LAY artwork?
>
> Hap tried to replace the white background with a grey color but he said the objects
> in front of it were oversaturated and it did not look nice, so he recommended
> applying an overlay instead to see what happens.


This about right? (Left screen has overlay; right screen no overlay for comparison).

Regarding working buttons...

The red toggle switches should be centered (neither up or down) by default; we then need a picture of the button pressed up, and a second pressed down.

The three black buttons; we need one not pressed, and one pressed.

For the two LEDs, we need a light on and off.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment




RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.




Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Posts: 5739
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork (Edited.) new [Re: Mr. Do]
#368711 - 08/13/17 08:16 AM Attachment: red-down-arrow-hi.png 3 KB (2 downloads)


> > Mr.DO, now we need to try inserting a grey overlay that is going at the top of
> these
> > screens, to see if it is going to look like the original machine, which has a grey
> > tone in the background and not white. DO you think it is possible to do such thing
> > with the .LAY artwork?
> >
> > Hap tried to replace the white background with a grey color but he said the objects
> > in front of it were oversaturated and it did not look nice, so he recommended
> > applying an overlay instead to see what happens.
>
>
> This about right? (Left screen has overlay; right screen no overlay for comparison).
>
> Regarding working buttons...
>
> The red toggle switches should be centered (neither up or down) by default; we then
> need a picture of the button pressed up, and a second pressed down.
>
> The three black buttons; we need one not pressed, and one pressed.
>
> For the two LEDs, we need a light on and off.

Up and Down have a small tilt with arrow as you can see here. Not talking about the big arrows.



Here another video. Poor recorded.



Anyway the arrows look something like this but better than this picture. Middle of those switches there is a small box in the middle.

Edit: Well... Blown me down. The arrows on this artwork is very hard to see. Those are there.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment



Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Intel Core i5-4460 3.20 GHz / 8.00 GB RAM / AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dunard-1884/
https://sites.google.com/site/o0kinghanco0o/mame_building_info (Updated on the 07/18/2017 at 9:49 PM.)



R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Reged: 08/07/05
Posts: 397
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: Mr. Do]
#368733 - 08/15/17 06:25 PM


> This about right? (Left screen has overlay; right screen no overlay for comparison).
>

YES!! That's exactly what we need, but darker than that. How did you do that?

> Regarding working buttons...
>
> The red toggle switches should be centered (neither up or down) by default; we then
> need a picture of the button pressed up, and a second pressed down.
>
> The three black buttons; we need one not pressed, and one pressed.
>
> For the two LEDs, we need a light on and off.

Great! I will do the best I can with the buttons and will post them here. Regarding the LED's, I didn't understand it.



Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Posts: 5739
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork *DELETED* new [Re: R.Coltrane]
#368758 - 08/15/17 10:17 PM


Post deleted by Dullaron



Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Intel Core i5-4460 3.20 GHz / 8.00 GB RAM / AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dunard-1884/
https://sites.google.com/site/o0kinghanco0o/mame_building_info (Updated on the 07/18/2017 at 9:49 PM.)



uman
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/15/12
Posts: 365
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: Dullaron]
#368771 - 08/16/17 08:45 AM


> > Regarding the LED's, I didn't understand it.
>
> I watch the videos and there isn't one. I don't think any of the Nintendo devices
> have one.
>
> When you turn on the device then all the animated shown on the screen until start a
> game or start the demo mode. This is the power on.
>
> I hope Mr Do realize that.

I dont think that you are right. Do you know, that those games had a watch/clock included? (thats why they are named "Game&Watch"). This watch could be set to alarm and i am quite sure, that this lamp goes on, if alarm starts.



hap
Reged: 12/01/08
Posts: 246
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: uman]
#368781 - 08/16/17 05:06 PM


> I dont think that you are right. Do you know, that those games had a watch/clock
> included? (thats why they are named "Game&Watch"). This watch could be set to alarm
> and i am quite sure, that this lamp goes on, if alarm starts.

Funny assumption, how can you be so quite sure :P
These 2 small things are buttons, yes really. They are shaped like this so the user won't press it by accident, you need to use a pen to press them.



Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Posts: 5739
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: uman]
#368784 - 08/16/17 08:39 PM


Talking about the on/off light. Not the ALC and Alarm. I was tired when I was trying to point to the light. I was lost. Pointless when I reply about. lol

Well it very clear now. ALC and Alarm animated. Sorry about that.

My post been deleted. Pointless.



Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Intel Core i5-4460 3.20 GHz / 8.00 GB RAM / AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dunard-1884/
https://sites.google.com/site/o0kinghanco0o/mame_building_info (Updated on the 07/18/2017 at 9:49 PM.)



Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Posts: 5739
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: hap]
#368785 - 08/16/17 08:50 PM


> Funny assumption, how can you be so quite sure :P
> These 2 small things are buttons, yes really. They are shaped like this so the user
> won't press it by accident, you need to use a pen to press them.

My Donkey Kong Jr. have those.



Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Posts: 4454
Loc: California
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: hap]
#368790 - 08/16/17 10:55 PM Attachment: paths.png 77 KB (8 downloads)


> > I dont think that you are right. Do you know, that those games had a watch/clock
> > included? (thats why they are named "Game&Watch"). This watch could be set to alarm
> > and i am quite sure, that this lamp goes on, if alarm starts.
>
> Funny assumption, how can you be so quite sure :P
> These 2 small things are buttons, yes really. They are shaped like this so the user
> won't press it by accident, you need to use a pen to press them.

Ah... like my old regular watch... I see it now, after watching a video again.

So... we can make it clickable in the artwork, but no need to animate the button on ACL and ALARM.

Three things regarding overlays:

1) I got RC's note... I'll make the overlay darker, and post later this week... I was having a hard time trying to get the correct shade of gray, and went a bit light.

2) I can already see that different games have different screen color backgrounds (some light gray, some light green, one that was blue, etc.). Whoever is making the SVG files, do they have access to actual handhelds, that we can take a reference picture of, to get the overlay right?

3) Regarding the SVG file... I'm using that to create the overlay (save as AI, import into Photoshop, new layer, apply wanted overlay color to anything white), however, some of the paths don't show up correctly when I open in Illustrator (e.g. the circles for the gears on the conveyor belts). I can see the paths, but am missing something in making it display right on my end. Any tips? (Screenshot attached about what I'm talking about).

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment



hap
Reged: 12/01/08
Posts: 246
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: Mr. Do]
#368791 - 08/17/17 12:09 AM


They're simple vectors, the backgrounds are based on scans of the inlays. The background vectors from Mario Bros are by ChoccyHobNob. I can't help you with Photoshop or AI, I use Inkscape and am not an expert.

As for the overlay, that sounds like a lot of work. I'd just set the screen alpha to a lower value instead. And maybe add an overlay rect on top to add a green/blueish tint. If you only change the white and leave the other colors alone, the contrast will look bad(the red and cyan as they are now will 'clash' with a grey bg).



Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Posts: 4454
Loc: California
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: hap]
#368798 - 08/17/17 01:24 AM Attachment: there_we_go.png 57 KB (5 downloads)


> They're simple vectors, the backgrounds are based on scans of the inlays. The
> background vectors from Mario Bros are by ChoccyHobNob. I can't help you with
> Photoshop or AI, I use Inkscape and am not an expert.
>
> As for the overlay, that sounds like a lot of work. I'd just set the screen alpha to
> a lower value instead. And maybe add an overlay rect on top to add a green/blueish
> tint. If you only change the white and leave the other colors alone, the contrast
> will look bad(the red and cyan as they are now will 'clash' with a grey bg).


Ah... in other words, I'm trying too hard.

Typical for me... that actually does make it a lot easier... K_I_S_S at its best.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment



DarthMarino
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/27/11
Posts: 55
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: hap]
#368799 - 08/17/17 01:26 AM


This looks great.

Did they make different color variations? The background ladders on my game are green but in some pictures they appear more blue like this version.



R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Reged: 08/07/05
Posts: 397
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: Mr. Do]
#368805 - 08/17/17 04:38 AM


> Ah... in other words, I'm trying too hard.
>
> Typical for me... that actually does make it a lot easier... K_I_S_S at its best.

How did you achieve this result above? With a grey rectangular overlay as suggested by Hap? How does it work in the .Lay file? It looks great!!



uman
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/15/12
Posts: 365
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: Mr. Do]
#368809 - 08/17/17 10:25 AM


> > > I dont think that you are right. Do you know, that those games had a watch/clock
> > > included? (thats why they are named "Game&Watch"). This watch could be set to
> alarm
> > > and i am quite sure, that this lamp goes on, if alarm starts.
> >
> > Funny assumption, how can you be so quite sure :P
> > These 2 small things are buttons, yes really. They are shaped like this so the user
> > won't press it by accident, you need to use a pen to press them.
>
> Ah... like my old regular watch... I see it now, after watching a video again.
>
> So... we can make it clickable in the artwork, but no need to animate the button on
> ACL and ALARM.
>
> Three things regarding overlays:
>
> 1) I got RC's note... I'll make the overlay darker, and post later this week... I was
> having a hard time trying to get the correct shade of gray, and went a bit light.
>
> 2) I can already see that different games have different screen color backgrounds
> (some light gray, some light green, one that was blue, etc.). Whoever is making the
> SVG files, do they have access to actual handhelds, that we can take a reference
> picture of, to get the overlay right?
>
> 3) Regarding the SVG file... I'm using that to create the overlay (save as AI, import
> into Photoshop, new layer, apply wanted overlay color to anything white), however,
> some of the paths don't show up correctly when I open in Illustrator (e.g. the
> circles for the gears on the conveyor belts). I can see the paths, but am missing
> something in making it display right on my end. Any tips? (Screenshot attached about
> what I'm talking about).

hap: oh, my memories fooled me . I am getting old i guess. Did not had a Game&Watch in my hands for a long time. I only own a Deputy Den, which is not from Nintendo, but the buttons act the same. So no lamps there, sorry for that. Is Deputy Den dumped ?

I have questions about the SVG format too. My Vectrex overlays are all done in Photoshop (cause I hate Illustrator) and i dont know how to export to SVG format. Is it even possible?
Nearly all overlays are vectors, but some are mixed (vectors and pixels). I want to make them all vectors, but currently have no time. Four remaining games, are sadly not even touched :/ and I dont think, I can finish them (too hard and painful work, at least for me). What shall i do?

Mr. Do: really great progress, awesome work and it looks decent.



Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Posts: 4454
Loc: California
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: R.Coltrane]
#368812 - 08/17/17 12:51 PM Attachment: gnw_mw56.zip 308 KB (29 downloads)


> > Ah... in other words, I'm trying too hard.
> >
> > Typical for me... that actually does make it a lot easier... K_I_S_S at its best.
>
> How did you achieve this result above? With a grey rectangular overlay as suggested
> by Hap? How does it work in the .Lay file? It looks great!!

Just a simple overlay... attached is the current artwork file.



hap
Reged: 12/01/08
Posts: 246
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: uman]
#368814 - 08/17/17 03:53 PM


Nope, none of the old V-Tech "tri screen" LCD handhelds are dumped. I had a look on ebay, seems they're inflated a lot just like Nintendo G&W(damn collectors:P). If you're willing to part ways with it, ask Sean if you can send Deputy Den to him. You can contact him via PM on the bannister forums.



hydef
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/10/16
Posts: 46
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: hap]
#372539 - 12/30/17 10:48 PM


Looks awesome, but can't seem to find the complete .lay file with everything done so far. I tried to combine 2 I have but it failed. Could you post the full .lay please, Mr. Do?



hydef
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/10/16
Posts: 46
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: hydef]
#374978 - 03/21/18 02:57 AM Attachment: Mario Bros.jpg 981 KB (0 downloads)


Replying to my own post.

I got that all working above but then I wanted to vector and put together my own so that I could also make Lifeboat and Rainshower with just a few mods. I've got those practically all done, they just need backgrounds.

Here's a screenshot of my Mario Bros working in MAME (with a border). I know that won't be to everyone's taste but having it full screen made it too big:

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment



Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Posts: 4454
Loc: California
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: hydef]
#374983 - 03/21/18 12:37 PM


> Replying to my own post.
>
> I got that all working above but then I wanted to vector and put together my own so
> that I could also make Lifeboat and Rainshower with just a few mods. I've got those
> practically all done, they just need backgrounds.
>
> Here's a screenshot of my Mario Bros working in MAME (with a border). I know that
> won't be to everyone's taste but having it full screen made it too big:

Very nice... much improved. I like the effect of the overlay shadow also (missing the shadow on the window in the right screen, though). Looking forward to seeing the final version.

Regarding the full-screen border... on this and the prior artwork you posted... any chance you can make that a separate layer, so that the user can turn it on/off.

I try and make things as flexible as possible for each game, when the option is there.



R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Reged: 08/07/05
Posts: 397
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: Mr. Do]
#374985 - 03/21/18 02:35 PM


> > Replying to my own post.
> >
> > I got that all working above but then I wanted to vector and put together my own so
> > that I could also make Lifeboat and Rainshower with just a few mods. I've got those
> > practically all done, they just need backgrounds.

Nice job man, congratulations!! I agree with you, scaling these G&W games to full screen is not that good, since they were intended to be small/portable. I like your idea of having a kind of Bezel to put the game in the middle of the screen, and your artwork is pretty cool.



hydef
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/10/16
Posts: 46
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: R.Coltrane]
#374992 - 03/21/18 04:57 PM


Do you mean the shadow on the inside of the screen? It's there and they should be identical.. Unless I'm not seeing something.

Can you show me how I would be able to disable a background? All I know is there's an automatic crop to the screen in the tab video options. If I could do that, then I wouldn't need to make 2 versions of everything and change the screen bounds so that would be great. I didn't know it was possible.

Thanks for all the comments!



Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Posts: 4454
Loc: California
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: hydef]
#375008 - 03/22/18 08:21 AM Attachment: nc100.zip 2162 KB (3 downloads)


> Do you mean the shadow on the inside of the screen? It's there and they should be
> identical.. Unless I'm not seeing something.
>
> Can you show me how I would be able to disable a background? All I know is there's an
> automatic crop to the screen in the tab video options. If I could do that, then I
> wouldn't need to make 2 versions of everything and change the screen bounds so that
> would be great. I didn't know it was possible.
>
> Thanks for all the comments!


Attached is a proof of concept you can apply to the handheld artworks, using nc100.zip as an example. (See attached).

-- The widescreen frame is set as BEZEL
-- The shell is set as CPANEL
-- The backdrop is set as BACKDROP

Run MAME for nc100... you'll start with the full artwork.

-- Go to Video Options, and Disable the BEZEL layer. The screen will automatically crop down to the remaining layers of artwork.

-- Do the same again for the CPANEL layer, and it will do it again.
-- One more time with the BACKDROP layer, and you'll be left with just the screen.

I try and setup all games this way... it gives the user the most flexibility, and as you said, you only have to do things one time; the rest is controlled by the user.



hydef
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/10/16
Posts: 46
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: Mr. Do]
#375013 - 03/22/18 03:56 PM


Got it. Backdrop element and tab options. That works, thanks.



hydef
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/10/16
Posts: 46
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: hydef]
#375049 - 03/24/18 12:14 AM Attachment: gnw_mario.zip 2504 KB (6 downloads)


I'll just release this for now. Just been mulling over colours.. They're difficult to get right. Didn't want it too yellow, didn't want it to look too white. It looks quite white now. It's probably also much larger than it needs to be and I'm not really loving the background but I have no ideas for it.

More notes: I wanted to make changes to the svg layer to get a more realistic look but without recompiling MAME the svgs will be rejected for having an incorrect size. It would be nice see what a reduced opacity looked like, it shouldn't pure black, so maybe add a gradient and straighten a few things. This layer should really have a slight shadow too, but I don't know how each section is being cropped or if that'll work well. So that's a whole 'nother thing.

The screen overlay (the factory) is by ChoccyHobNob, I modified it here and there instead of redrawing everything.

Zip attached above.




hap
Reged: 12/01/08
Posts: 246
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: hydef]
#375055 - 03/24/18 02:17 AM


First of all, that looks awesome =)

The LCD segments in the SVG have colour d8,00,00,00, not solid black(that would be ff alpha). To make them less opaque, make the overlay have an alpha of x, and then add a bezel on top of it with the same element as the overlay with an alpha of 1-x. Here's an example with ktmnt:

https://pastebin.com/qdwfc6GT
screenshot of result: https://imgur.com/a/zqZIG



hydef
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/10/16
Posts: 46
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: hap]
#375056 - 03/24/18 03:29 AM


Thanks man, I didn't know about the alpha option! Will try this later.



hydef
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/10/16
Posts: 46
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: hydef]
#375082 - 03/24/18 06:27 PM Attachment: gnw_mario.zip 6550 KB (5 downloads)


Dropping the opacity really improves it IMO. Used a value of 0.2.



Attached another zip but what do you think about the resolution/size? Is it overkill?



Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Posts: 5739
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: hydef]
#375088 - 03/25/18 12:50 AM


> Dropping the opacity really improves it IMO. Used a value of 0.2.
>
>
> Attached another zip but what do you think about the resolution/size? Is it overkill?

I like this one.



mwtarub
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/11/18
Posts: 12
Send PM


Re: Game&Watch - Help with external artwork new [Re: hydef]
#375095 - 03/25/18 10:02 AM


> Dropping the opacity really improves it IMO. Used a value of 0.2.
>
>
> Attached another zip but what do you think about the resolution/size? Is it overkill?

I prefer the previous one. This looks like a faded screen that needs to replace the polarizer filter.


Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Mr. Do 
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1724