BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Vas: The Q Factor
#374946 - 03/20/18 02:01 PM

https://rants.vastheman.com/2018/03/20/qfactor/

Quote:

If you spent much time in video game arcades ’90s, you’re sure to have seen the QSound logo proudly displayed during the attract loop of games running on Capcom’s CPS-2 and ZN-1/ZN-1 hardware platforms, and heard the distinctive jingle. But What exactly is QSound? What does it actually do? Capcom was definitely keen to promote its inclusion, but did it really give an edge in any area besides marketing? Was it worth the licensing fees they undoubtedly paid, and the precious attract loop time they spent announcing it?

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: Vas: The Q Factor new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#374954 - 03/20/18 04:54 PM

Either my ears need checking or my knowledge isn't enough to tell the difference. I hear the samples posted here, checked the streamed video and even tested a night build to hear it by my own. First I was "oh! it sounds better... Wait a minute, does it really? Isn't it a placebo effect just because some else told me it sounds better?". It doesn't help the time span between both comparatives are seconds too apart, I can't turn up the volume loud enough to fight ambient sound and I don't have headphones right now, so everything is my fault.

It looks like this article holds the hint so I'll read it later. Yet, I wish I could know what I am looking at to tell the QSound nor Street Fighter Alpha 2 intro sound better with that feature enabled.

Olivier Galibert
Semi-Lurker
Reged: 09/21/03
Send PM

Re: Vas: The Q Factor new [Re: BIOS-D]
#374955 - 03/20/18 04:58 PM

The current tree does not activate qsound by default (for speed reasons), you have to change the source.

OG.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 797