MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

DU Fundraiser: The Rule of Three
#292215 - 07/19/12 07:09 PM

The Sega board we got from the akward fundraiser is Last Survivor.

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=698&gid=1850#1850

Two more insanely rare games popped up right behind it that we need help with. One is Sky Destroyer by Taito.

http://unmamed.mameworld.info/non_taito.html#SkyDestroyer

My friend has the board so we could just get rom dumps but the MCU needs to be decapped so it needs to be bought and decapped and then we will try to program a replacement for the MCU. With shipping it will cost at least $300. LN talked to the doc recently and he is going to try to do some more arcade work for us when he is done with his current job work. That doesn't mean it will happen but there is hope. In the mean time the MCU could probably be simulated with an unknown degree of accuracy.

There is a 3rd game we have a shot at that is also really interesting but I don't have any info I can release on it yet. I could tell you about it in a PM but the first of the donations will be going toward Sky Destroyer either way.

So anyway, we need help paying for them. Click below to help. I also have several other games including more Sega stuff on the way already but nothing as awesome as these ones. I'll add info about the 3rd game when I get it but it's frankly taking forever.

Thanks so far for pledges and donations from:
Tormod
Gnoppi
P. Vining
anonymous
gatt9
Phil Bennett

Phil Bennett
L'Emuchat
Reged: 04/20/04
Send PM

Re: DU Fundraiser: The Rule of Three new [Re: Smitdogg]
#292265 - 07/20/12 12:19 PM

> Two more insanely rare games popped up right behind it that we need help with. One is
> Sky Destroyer by Taito.
>
> http://unmamed.mameworld.info/non_taito.html#SkyDestroyer
>
> My friend has the board so we could just get rom dumps but the MCU needs to be
> decapped so it needs to be bought and decapped and then we will try to program a
> replacement for the MCU. With shipping it will cost at least $300. LN talked to the
> doc recently and he is going to try to do some more arcade work for us when he is
> done with his current job work. That doesn't mean it will happen but there is hope.
> In the mean time the MCU could probably be simulated with an unknown degree of
> accuracy.

What type of MCU is it?

Lord Nightmare
Speech Synth Berzerker
Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: PA, USA
Send PM

Re: DU Fundraiser: The Rule of Three new [Re: Phil Bennett]
#292286 - 07/20/12 04:57 PM

> > Two more insanely rare games popped up right behind it that we need help with. One
> is
> > Sky Destroyer by Taito.
> >
> > http://unmamed.mameworld.info/non_taito.html#SkyDestroyer
> >
> > My friend has the board so we could just get rom dumps but the MCU needs to be
> > decapped so it needs to be bought and decapped and then we will try to program a
> > replacement for the MCU. With shipping it will cost at least $300. LN talked to the
> > doc recently and he is going to try to do some more arcade work for us when he is
> > done with his current job work. That doesn't mean it will happen but there is hope.
> > In the mean time the MCU could probably be simulated with an unknown degree of
> > accuracy.
>
> What type of MCU is it?
Random guess: MC68705P5

LN

"When life gives you zombies... *CHA-CHIK!* ...you make zombie-ade!"

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: DU Fundraiser: The Rule of Three new [Re: Lord Nightmare]
#292296 - 07/20/12 06:50 PM

I'm assuming that or 8741, don't know yet.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 26 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2334