MAMEWorld Central >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Posts: 15682
Send PM


MAMEWorld T-shirt interest check
#364184 - 03/11/17 04:45 PM


If you've replied about these to me in PM or email please skip the poll below because you're already accounted for.


I'm going to do a small batch of MW T-shirts soon that will look sort of like this:

https://postimg.org/image/ucvatfql7/

I'm going to work it out where some of the money goes toward buying pcbs and I'll credit the shirt buyers when the games get added to mame. Click in the poll below if you're interested so I'll have a good idea for what batch size to order. No ETA on when they will be done, it's just in planning mode right now.


Yes I would like to buy:
Size L Blue
Size XL Blue
Size L Red
Size XL Red
I would buy more than 1 shirt

View the results for this poll




SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Posts: 15682
Send PM


if you want XXL reply or send pm (nt) new [Re: Smitdogg]
#364185 - 03/11/17 06:26 PM





Smoker1
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/24/10
Posts: 131
Send PM


Re: MAMEWorld T-shirt interest check new [Re: Smitdogg]
#364189 - 03/11/17 09:43 PM


No Black or Medium?



HP HPE h8-1360t
GeForce GTX 670 2GB
32GB RAM
i7-3770k 3.50GHz



SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Posts: 15682
Send PM


Re: MAMEWorld T-shirt interest check new [Re: Smoker1]
#364192 - 03/12/17 12:22 AM


I'll check the options later when my internet stops acting up



hotgraphics
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/07/06
Posts: 105
Send PM


Re: MAMEWorld T-shirt interest check new [Re: Smitdogg]
#364196 - 03/12/17 03:03 AM


Maybe a guesstimate on the price would help, Smitdogg?.






SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Posts: 15682
Send PM


Re: MAMEWorld T-shirt interest check new [Re: hotgraphics]
#364197 - 03/12/17 03:05 AM


I don't know yet.



hotgraphics
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/07/06
Posts: 105
Send PM


Re: MAMEWorld T-shirt interest check new [Re: Smoker1]
#364198 - 03/12/17 04:13 AM Attachment: T-Shirt template new frnt-bck 2.png 26 KB (0 downloads)


Here's what black could look like.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment






Smoker1
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/24/10
Posts: 131
Send PM


Re: MAMEWorld T-shirt interest check new [Re: hotgraphics]
#364199 - 03/12/17 04:45 AM


AWESOME!!!!!



HP HPE h8-1360t
GeForce GTX 670 2GB
32GB RAM
i7-3770k 3.50GHz



hotgraphics
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/07/06
Posts: 105
Send PM


Cool new [Re: Smoker1]
#364200 - 03/12/17 05:02 AM


Cool.






hotgraphics
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/07/06
Posts: 105
Send PM


These colours are also a possibility, Orange & Green. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#364201 - 03/12/17 05:30 AM Attachment: T-Shirt template new frnt-bck 3.png 435 KB (0 downloads)




[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment






hotgraphics
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/07/06
Posts: 105
Send PM


Re: These colours are also a possibility, Other Possiblilities new [Re: hotgraphics]
#364205 - 03/12/17 07:50 AM Attachment: T-Shirt template new frnt-bck collage.png 470 KB (1 downloads)


These colours are also a possibility, Other Possiblilities

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment






Daveyuk
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/06/11
Posts: 18
Send PM


Still got the original one, so ill new [Re: Smitdogg]
#364208 - 03/12/17 12:11 PM


have one of these as well

Cheers Dave



Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Reged: 12/12/03
Posts: 638
Loc: Somewhere Outside Hyrule
Send PM


Re: MAMEWorld T-shirt interest check new [Re: Smitdogg]
#364219 - 03/12/17 09:02 PM


XL blue, depending on price. Black is a possibility too if that becomes an available option.



*=/STARRIDER\=*
MAME Punk
Reged: 02/06/12
Posts: 256
Loc: an open field west of a white house with a boarded front door.
Send PM


Re: MAMEWorld T-shirt interest check new [Re: Smitdogg]
#364225 - 03/13/17 01:50 AM


I would buy one in Black Large if the price is reasonable.



There is no law in the arena




XtraSmiley
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/28/04
Posts: 103
Send PM


Re: MAMEWorld T-shirt interest check new [Re: *=/STARRIDER\=*]
#364231 - 03/13/17 11:28 AM


I would do a XXL in blue to help the cause, but would like the logo better if it was just the center (no outer words). I think the logo is fine for the site, but I like my shirts less busy, and the center logo is perfect for a shirt.



TrevEB
Brokering peace between the collectors and the Mame Community
Reged: 03/11/05
Posts: 574
Loc: Oakland, CA
Send PM


Re: MAMEWorld T-shirt interest check new [Re: Smitdogg]
#364238 - 03/13/17 07:41 PM


Let me just complicate things by adding I would be up for a Mame Classic t-shirt too.



SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Posts: 15682
Send PM


Re: MAMEWorld T-shirt interest check new [Re: TrevEB]
#364239 - 03/13/17 07:50 PM


The frontend? Anyway all I'm planning on doing at this point is 1 run of 40 MW shirts that will immediately sell out and we should be able to get 1-3 pcbs. The price I think will be between $20-25 before shipping.



hotgraphics
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/07/06
Posts: 105
Send PM


Re: MAMEWorld T-shirt interest check new [Re: Smitdogg]
#364242 - 03/14/17 03:14 AM


> The frontend? Anyway all I'm planning on doing at this point is 1 run of 40 MW shirts
> that will immediately sell out and we should be able to get 1-3 pcbs. The price I
> think will be between $20-25 before shipping.

I think, TrevEB, might be talking about a shirt with just the Mame logo on it. I too would be interested in that aswell.

Edited by hotgraphics (03/14/17 03:22 AM)



SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Posts: 15682
Send PM


Re: MAMEWorld T-shirt interest check new [Re: hotgraphics]
#364243 - 03/14/17 03:29 AM


Almost everyone would, but no mamedevs are making one and he capitalized Classic so I think it's the frontend he meant in pac-man font.



hotgraphics
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/07/06
Posts: 105
Send PM


Here's a straight Mame Logo shirt idea. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#364244 - 03/14/17 04:44 AM Attachment: Mame Logo Shirt v1.png 38 KB (0 downloads)


Here's a straight Mame Logo shirt idea.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment



Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Posts: 4369
Send PM


Re: Here's a straight Mame Logo shirt idea. new [Re: hotgraphics]
#364245 - 03/14/17 04:47 AM


> Here's a straight Mame Logo shirt idea.

You'd definitely need permission from the trademark owner to start selling that, heck, you might even need it for the MW ones given that they use the name / logo.

Have the team actually been contacted about these?



hotgraphics
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/07/06
Posts: 105
Send PM


Re: Here's a straight Mame Logo shirt idea. new [Re: Haze]
#364246 - 03/14/17 04:57 AM


Apparently, Smittdogg, has already contacted them about the matter.



hotgraphics
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/07/06
Posts: 105
Send PM


Alt. Mame World Logo T-Shirt idea new [Re: hotgraphics]
#364247 - 03/14/17 05:50 AM Attachment: Mame World Logo Shirt v2.png 149 KB (0 downloads)




[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment



Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Posts: 849
Loc: Outland
Send PM


Re: MAMEWorld T-shirt interest check ^^Ditto^^ <NT> new [Re: XtraSmiley]
#364248 - 03/14/17 06:14 AM





grog
Reged: 09/06/11
Posts: 402
Send PM


Re: Here's a straight Mame Logo shirt idea. new [Re: Haze]
#364249 - 03/14/17 06:30 AM


> You'd definitely need permission from the trademark owner to start selling that







hotgraphics
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/07/06
Posts: 105
Send PM


Let's have a Contest for best design. new [Re: grog]
#364250 - 03/14/17 07:31 AM


Let's have a Contest for best design then.



Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Posts: 6404
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM


Re: Let's have a Contest for best design. new [Re: hotgraphics]
#364251 - 03/14/17 07:56 AM


An emulator just isn't an emulator without that.... tangy .zip (file).

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...part=1&vc=1



j/k not a serious entry.



hotgraphics
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/07/06
Posts: 105
Send PM


Re: Let's have a Contest for best design. new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#364252 - 03/14/17 09:08 AM


Toasty Mame World, Tomu.



TrevEB
Brokering peace between the collectors and the Mame Community
Reged: 03/11/05
Posts: 574
Loc: Oakland, CA
Send PM


Re: MAMEWorld T-shirt interest check new [Re: Smitdogg]
#364253 - 03/14/17 09:31 AM


Nah, I meant the original or previous Mame T-shirt design

Thanks.



Kitsune Sniper
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Posts: 2187
Send PM


Re: MAMEWorld T-shirt interest check new [Re: Smoker1]
#364285 - 03/15/17 10:38 PM


> No Black or Medium?

Something tells me a majority of the forum users can barely squeeze into a size L shirt. And continue to breathe while wearing it.

;P



SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Posts: 15682
Send PM


Re: Here's a straight Mame Logo shirt idea. new [Re: Haze]
#364288 - 03/16/17 01:20 AM


Yeah I sent the email, haven't heard back yet.

Not interested in a design contest and this is probably a one time deal because it's a major pain in my ass to pack up and fill out 50 different packages. If I don't get permission then we'll redesign the current logo where the mame is in the world font. Won't look quite as good but not much different.



Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Posts: 4369
Send PM


Re: Here's a straight Mame Logo shirt idea. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#364298 - 03/16/17 02:27 AM


> Yeah I sent the email, haven't heard back yet.
>
> Not interested in a design contest and this is probably a one time deal because it's
> a major pain in my ass to pack up and fill out 50 different packages. If I don't get
> permission then we'll redesign the current logo where the mame is in the world font.
> Won't look quite as good but not much different.

My gut feeling is they won't have an issue with it as you're raising money for PCBs, although I am a little surprised they haven't got back either way, never a good sign.



SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Posts: 15682
Send PM


Re: Here's a straight Mame Logo shirt idea. new [Re: Haze]
#364300 - 03/16/17 02:30 AM


I just sent the email a day or 2 ago, took a while to find the right email address



B2K24
Evolution is a mystery
Reged: 10/25/10
Posts: 2447
Send PM


Re: Here's a straight Mame Logo shirt idea. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#364303 - 03/16/17 03:56 AM


I've seen a couple of DU logos That I thought were pretty neat in various news threads. Wouldn't mind sporting a shirt with that on it either. Just an idea.



SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Posts: 15682
Send PM


Re: Here's a straight Mame Logo shirt idea. new [Re: B2K24]
#364304 - 03/16/17 04:03 AM


To be as clear and blunt as I can: I have no aspirations to be a T-shirt dealer or to work side jobs to raise PCB money. I'm already doing the public a huge favor by accepting paypal donations to spend toward boards that I dump and put their name in the mame whatsnew. Nobody else does that. This shirt thing is a one time thing. When this is over I'll see about hooking up graphics where people can print their own DU or MW shirts but I am not looking to be a long term shirt dealer in any way shape or form.



pablopelos
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/19/12
Posts: 7
Send PM


Re: Here's a straight Mame Logo shirt idea. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#364306 - 03/16/17 06:05 AM


We do appreciate you Smitdogg.



MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Posts: 1532
Send PM


Re: Here's a straight Mame Logo shirt idea. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#364317 - 03/16/17 02:18 PM


> To be as clear and blunt as I can

To be as clear and blunt as I can, you can help yourself out in advance by putting the registered trademark symbol - ® - next to the MAME logo itself. That, as I see it, would be the only issue the team would have with the existing logo, since it's a legally registered trademark.



SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Posts: 15682
Send PM


Re: Here's a straight Mame Logo shirt idea. new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#364318 - 03/16/17 02:23 PM


hotgraphics would need to edit the file he sent me but if we're going to continue the bluntness, TM and R symbols are ugly as dogshit and I can't understand why you'd want it there unless you're worried about losing the copyright due to a few T-shirts which is downright retarded. But sure we will ugly up the shirts for you.



MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Posts: 1532
Send PM


Re: Here's a straight Mame Logo shirt idea. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#364324 - 03/16/17 10:50 PM


> hotgraphics would need to edit the file he sent me but if we're going to continue the
> bluntness, TM and R symbols are ugly as dogshit and I can't understand why you'd want
> it there unless you're worried about losing the copyright due to a few T-shirts which
> is downright retarded.

No, you wouldn't understand. But since you don't even understand the difference between "copyright" and "trademark" I wouldn't expect you to understand the finer points if IP law.



SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Posts: 15682
Send PM


Re: Here's a straight Mame Logo shirt idea. new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#364326 - 03/16/17 10:52 PM


Just explain to me why you personally give a shit that it's there on the T-shirt please, and what it is you're afraid would happen if it's missing. Exactly what is the damage that it will inflict on you.



MrGoodwraith
Barnacle Clinging to the Ship of MAME
Reged: 10/12/05
Posts: 89
Send PM


Re: Here's a straight Mame Logo shirt idea. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#364329 - 03/17/17 12:47 AM


Having enforced trademarks in documentation for a couple of decades now, I'll respond to this. When an organization owns a trademark, they have to defend it by making sure that *every. single. instance.* of that trademark that appears in material -- be it web pages or manuals or T-shirts -- produced by them or by closely allied organizations (as The Dumping Project is to MAME itself). If they don't do that, but then later decide to sue some ripoff artist out to make a quick buck by slapping the organization's trademarked name and logo on something unaffiliated and shoddy, arbitrators and judges can decide (and have certainly done so in the past) that the organization only treats the trademark as their property when it suits them to do so, and that therefore the trademark is void.

I don't like the looks of the trademark symbols any more than you do -- they're often a blight on an otherwise clean design -- but I would also be happier to see such a mark on this kind of merchandise.



SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Posts: 15682
Send PM


Re: Here's a straight Mame Logo shirt idea. new [Re: MrGoodwraith]
#364330 - 03/17/17 01:40 AM


That's exactly how I expected it to work and yet Moogly called me on it like I don't understand the law. I guess I'm too much of a realist to think we're going to be arguing in court, a ROM CD seller arguing (and winning) that mame has no case against them because the Dumping Union made some T-shirts. Anyway, this is all way too much trouble, I won't be using the MAME logo ever again.



Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Posts: 4369
Send PM


Re: Here's a straight Mame Logo shirt idea. new [Re: MrGoodwraith]
#364331 - 03/17/17 03:45 AM


> Having enforced trademarks in documentation for a couple of decades now, I'll respond
> to this. When an organization owns a trademark, they have to defend it by making sure
> that *every. single. instance.* of that trademark that appears in material -- be it
> web pages or manuals or T-shirts -- produced by them or by closely allied
> organizations (as The Dumping Project is to MAME itself). If they don't do that, but
> then later decide to sue some ripoff artist out to make a quick buck by slapping the
> organization's trademarked name and logo on something unaffiliated and shoddy,
> arbitrators and judges can decide (and have certainly done so in the past) that the
> organization only treats the trademark as their property when it suits them to do so,
> and that therefore the trademark is void.
>
> I don't like the looks of the trademark symbols any more than you do -- they're often
> a blight on an otherwise clean design -- but I would also be happier to see such a
> mark on this kind of merchandise.

based on the zero attempts made to defend it so far, even with blatant violations I'd argue that it's probably already invalid, but that appears to not be a popular opinion and I've been called an asshole for stating it in the past.



MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Posts: 1532
Send PM


Re: Here's a straight Mame Logo shirt idea. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#364332 - 03/17/17 03:52 AM


> Anyway, this is all way too much
> trouble, I won't be using the MAME logo ever again.

Yes, I guess that's easier. Christ and you accuse me of being immature.



MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Posts: 1532
Send PM


Re: Here's a straight Mame Logo shirt idea. new [Re: Haze]
#364333 - 03/17/17 03:54 AM


> based on the zero attempts made to defend it so far, even with blatant violations I'd
> argue that it's probably already invalid, but that appears to not be a popular
> opinion and I've been called an asshole for stating it in the past.

No, you're an asshole for thinking that shit magically becomes invalid because you happen to declare it so with your magical Haze-knowledge about everything. The trademark is valid until such time that it gets explicitly invalidated by the USPTO, but fuck me for not wanting to give assholes like you even more ammo, huh?



Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Posts: 4369
Send PM


Re: Here's a straight Mame Logo shirt idea. new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#364334 - 03/17/17 03:55 AM


> > based on the zero attempts made to defend it so far, even with blatant violations
> I'd
> > argue that it's probably already invalid, but that appears to not be a popular
> > opinion and I've been called an asshole for stating it in the past.
>
> No, you're an asshole for thinking that shit magically becomes invalid because you
> happen to declare it so with your magical Haze-knowledge about everything. The
> trademark is valid until such time that it gets explicitly invalidated by the USPTO,
> but fuck me for not wanting to give assholes like you even more ammo, huh?

ok, let me rephrase then, since it's fairly common knowledge that if you don't defend trademarks you lose them I'd say they would most likely invalidate it if anybody was challenged because of the sheer number of violations that nobody has done anything about. This basically makes it worthless.

I can't say I'm a great fan of that logic, or the system, but from what I can tell there's no way anybody could claim those who own the trademark have made any effort to prevent it being used all over the place without the proper mark and without any kind of permission by other people selling various products.

Now if Smit wants to give this a try and see if he ends up on the end of a legal challenge from Mamedev that's up to him, but unfortunately I suspect he would come out on top due to the above.



SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Posts: 15682
Send PM


Re: Here's a straight Mame Logo shirt idea. new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#364335 - 03/17/17 03:57 AM


> > Anyway, this is all way too much
> > trouble, I won't be using the MAME logo ever again.
>
> Yes, I guess that's easier.

Absolutely. First it's remember the TM, then make sure to use the R now, then email for permission and never hear back then Moogly diarrhea on the news forum. Absolutely it's a lot easier not to use the damn logo.



hotgraphics
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/07/06
Posts: 105
Send PM


Re: Here's a straight Mame Logo shirt idea. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#364339 - 03/17/17 08:17 AM


Done



aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Posts: 781
Send PM


Re: Here's a straight Mame Logo shirt idea. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#364357 - 03/18/17 01:43 AM


> Absolutely. First it's remember the TM, then make sure to use the R now, then email
> for permission and never hear back then Moogly diarrhea on the news forum. Absolutely
> it's a lot easier not to use the damn logo.


Don't forget indemnification. You could print a checkbox on the inside of the shirt stating that the wearer won't hold MW responsible for death, injury or loss of or damage to property due to the ownership/normal use of the shirt.

(I'd suggest including a Sharpie for the checkbox but you just know it'd end up in someone's eye socket.)



Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Posts: 5486
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM


lmao. Thank you_nt new [Re: aavada]
#364549 - 03/22/17 05:25 AM


> Don't forget indemnification. You could print a checkbox on the inside of the shirt
> stating that the wearer won't hold MW responsible for death, injury or loss of or
> damage to property due to the ownership/normal use of the shirt.
>
> (I'd suggest including a Sharpie for the checkbox but you just know it'd end up in
> someone's eye socket.)


Pages: 1

MAMEWorld Central >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Tafoid 
0 registered and 46 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3036