MAMEWorld Central >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

StarPak 4 @ Luca's
#364866 - 04/02/17 09:32 PM

http://www.lucaelia.com/mame.php/2017/The-Last-StarPak-A-Tale-Of-Rare-Cartridges

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: StarPak 4 @ Luca's *edit* new [Re: Smitdogg]
#364868 - 04/02/17 09:53 PM

http://www.lucaelia.com/mame.php/2017/The-Last-StarPak-A-Tale-Of-Rare-Cartridges

>Neon Nightmare is a cute test for your coordination skills as you try, as a humble moth, to
>avoid getting zapped in a maze of neon lights

This is one of the original CES game products worth playing imo. I would have tried it out myself had I seen one of the tables at some business location. I don't recall seeing any of the CES Galaxy Games units at places I went to back during 1990s.

>About a week ago programmer Keith M. Kolmos managed to locate, among his
>archived data, the development files for the only remaining undumped cartridge,
>StarPak 4....Thus, while no production StarPak 4 cartridge has been spotted to date,

Huge thanks to Keith for allowing this to happen. Good to know his work will be preserved.

I do hope the actual cartridges for both StarPak 1 and StarPak 4 can be found. StarPak 1 cartridge not yet found and thankfully Keith preserved StarPak 4 games.

src/mame/drivers/galgames.cpp

Edited by gregf (04/02/17 11:25 PM)

Luca Elia
Mame dev
Reged: 10/28/07
Loc: Naples, Italy
Send PM

Re: StarPak 4 @ Luca's new [Re: gregf]
#364870 - 04/02/17 11:15 PM

> http://www.lucaelia.com/mame.php/2017/The-Last-StarPak-A-Tale-Of-Rare-Cartridges
>
> > Prominent among the lot is the remake of Atari's Berzerk,
>
> Nnnnnoooo....unless Atari bought out Stern and claimed ownership of Berzerk or
> something like that. Luca might need to edit that sentence. :-)

C&P error from StarPak 3. Fixed ;-)

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: StarPak 4 @ Luca's new [Re: Luca Elia]
#364871 - 04/02/17 11:30 PM

>Copy&Paste error from StarPak 3. Fixed.

Awright. Everything looks good there.

Both StarPak 1 cartridge and the actual StarPak 4 cartridge are needed, but this is better than nothing with thanks again to Keith's contributions. I do hope actual cartridges can be found later.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: StarPak 4 @ Luca's new [Re: gregf]
#364884 - 04/03/17 05:57 AM

I don't know what good getting a pak 4 real rom set would do, even if it did result in a different rom format from what we got from the programmer, the general reaction from people even who own programmers to surface mount rom work is similar to a woman finding a mouse on her kitchen floor. If you think it would result in games getting revived from death you're living in an alternate reality.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld Central >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Tafoid 
2 registered and 32 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 352