MAMEWorld Central >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Posts: 15276
Send PM


DU: It's called soccer not football
#365076 - 04/10/17 04:29 PM Attachment: football.jpg 149 KB (0 downloads)


Arcade Hacker got a Gaelco Football board set, I am not sure about the exact title yet. It is different from the Gaelco Football game I mentioned on the mame 20th anniversary post (which we ordered but never arrived). This one is older (looks like Surf Planet hardware) and you kicked an actual ball.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment



Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Posts: 4158
Send PM


Re: DU: It's called soccer not football new [Re: Smitdogg]
#365077 - 04/10/17 04:37 PM


> Arcade Hacker got a Gaelco Football board set, I am not sure about the exact title
> yet. It is different from the Gaelco Football game I mentioned on the mame 20th
> anniversary post (which we ordered but never arrived). This one is older (looks like
> Surf Planet hardware) and you kicked an actual ball.

I seem to recall it being called 'Football Power'

we were sent the source code for it at one point (under strict 'no distribute' rules) but never any roms.



SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Posts: 15276
Send PM


Re: DU: It's called soccer not football new [Re: Haze]
#365078 - 04/10/17 04:42 PM


OK then, we just need to change the name to Soccer Power and compile it.

Yeah I'm gonna keep this halfass joke running. S.o.c.c.e.r.



Kitsune Sniper
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Posts: 2125
Send PM


Re: DU: It's called soccer not football new [Re: Smitdogg]
#365082 - 04/10/17 07:05 PM


> Arcade Hacker got a Gaelco Football board set, I am not sure about the exact title
> yet. It is different from the Gaelco Football game I mentioned on the mame 20th
> anniversary post (which we ordered but never arrived). This one is older (looks like
> Surf Planet hardware) and you kicked an actual ball.

Was this game sold under any other name? Based on your description it sounds kinda familiar. I think it might have been available at the arcade at my mall in the early to mid 2000s.



SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Posts: 15276
Send PM


Re: DU: It's called soccer not football new [Re: Kitsune Sniper]
#365084 - 04/10/17 07:27 PM


It's Football Power



MetalliC
Demul team
Reged: 03/20/09
Posts: 127
Loc: UA
Send PM


Re: DU: It's called soccer not football new [Re: Kitsune Sniper]
#365087 - 04/10/17 08:54 PM


> Was this game sold under any other name? Based on your description it sounds kinda
> familiar. I think it might have been available at the arcade at my mall in the early
> to mid 2000s.

there was few of such - this one "Football Power" (Radikal Bikers hardware), a bit newer "Gaelco Football" (ATV Track hardware), and quite similar game for NAOMI - "World Kicks".



Nomax
Ryo Hazuki
Reged: 11/19/03
Posts: 401
Loc: Belgium
Send PM


Re: DU: It's called soccer not football new [Re: MetalliC]
#365088 - 04/10/17 10:18 PM


> > Was this game sold under any other name? Based on your description it sounds kinda
> > familiar. I think it might have been available at the arcade at my mall in the
> early
> > to mid 2000s.
>
> there was few of such - this one "Football Power" (Radikal Bikers hardware), a bit
> newer "Gaelco Football" (ATV Track hardware), and quite similar game for NAOMI -
> "World Kicks".


Back in the days, I thought that Gaelco Football and Football Power were exactly the same game.



--------------------
NPlayers.ini - The multiplayer description file for MAME. (Linux user #448789)



MetalliC
Demul team
Reged: 03/20/09
Posts: 127
Loc: UA
Send PM


Re: DU: It's called soccer not football new [Re: Nomax]
#365104 - 04/11/17 09:54 AM


> Back in the days, I thought that Gaelco Football and Football Power were exactly the
> same game.

same here, until this day. still suspect there may exists updated version of Football Power for 2xSH4/PowerVR2 hardware.



SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Posts: 15276
Send PM


Emulation shots new [Re: Smitdogg]
#366088 - 05/16/17 08:03 PM











Kitsune Sniper
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Posts: 2125
Send PM


Re: Emulation shots new [Re: Smitdogg]
#366093 - 05/16/17 09:09 PM


This is definitely not the game I was thinking of. Still pretty rad.



Oh, this game features a licensed soundtrack?



SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Posts: 15276
Send PM


Re: Emulation shots new [Re: Kitsune Sniper]
#366096 - 05/16/17 09:18 PM


Sounds like Gaelco's MO. I think they advertised for Subterfuge Records in Surf Planet as well.



BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Posts: 1521
Send PM


Re: Emulation shots new [Re: Kitsune Sniper]
#366108 - 05/17/17 09:14 AM


I remember those arcade panel + ball to kick controls back in the day too. There are basically three games matching that description: Football Power, Gaelco Football and World Kicks.

My mind should be playing tricks on me, because I could have sworn it was any of the Virtua Striker 2/3 games.



Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Posts: 4158
Send PM


Re: Emulation shots new [Re: Kitsune Sniper]
#366109 - 05/17/17 10:22 AM


> This is definitely not the game I was thinking of. Still pretty rad.
>
>
> Oh, this game features a licensed soundtrack?


No, it's not the 'Football Power' I played either. I didn't even know Gaelco had a full-featured football game.

Maybe they released multiple games with the same name, or some operator mixed up the artwork..


Pages: 1

MAMEWorld Central >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Tafoid 
3 registered and 65 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 889