1. Download and setup the standard tools described here.
2. Download and setup Visual C++ 2008 Express.
3. Download and setup DirectX SDK.
4. Download and setup Windows SDK. This is needed to add the 64bit compiler to Visual Studio.
5. Download the attached batch file. It will setup the enviroment to compile 64bit optimized for Intel Core2.
6. Modify the batch file to match your directories. I have a directory called c:\compile\tools that contains this batch file along with patch/diff and other utilities I use. So I have added it to the path in the batch file.
7. Create a shortcut on your destop to the batch file. Then when you click on the shortcut, you will be ready to compile as usual.
Remember the batch file setups everything up, so all you need to do is use "mingw32-make -j3"
IGNORE this warning at the end:
dinput8.lib(dilib2.obj) : warning LNK4078: multiple '.text' sections found with different attributes (C0500040)
NOTE: Do not use MAXOPT=1. My test show it takes longer to build. The resulting file is 7% bigger and runs 10-14% slower.
Do not p-mail me for help compiling my updates, ask on the board.
Do not request sound for your favorite game. I work on whatever, when I get around to it.
If you have schematics for discrete sound games not easily found on the net, I would be interested.
Edited by Derrick Renaud (02/27/09 06:48 AM)