I've got an ASUS P5KPL-CM motherboard in the PC in my MAME cabinet.
There three things I'm trying to do with the BIOS...
1) Replace the OEM splash screen image with a solid black image - COMPLETE
2) Remove the "Press TAB to display BIOS POST Message" text - COMPLETE
3) Remove the "INTEL" branding logo overlaying the splash screen - FAIL
The first two were pretty easy, but I can't figure out where the INTEL logo is hidden using MMTool.
Any ideas? I've googled the hell out of this and I'm officially stuck.
UPDATE: I've managed to get it working. Here's the full step-by-step on how I did it...
1) Extract module 21 "Multi Language" from BIOS ROM using MMTool in uncompressed form.
2) Edit the extracted module data with hex editor, replacing the "Press TAB..." text with spaces (20 hex).
3) Replace module 21 "Multi Language" in BIOS with edited module using MMTool.
4) Extract module 0E "OEM Logo" in uncompressed form using MMTool.
5) Edit the image data in the module with a hex editor, replacing everything with 00 hex. This points to palette index 0, which is black in my example. Alternatively, I believe that you can add a .BMP extension and edit the image in your favorite paint program to make it all black.
6) Replace the module 0E "OEM Logo" with your edited module (BMP) using the ASUS MyLogo utility.
7) Delete the Intel Branding Logo, which in my BIOS is stored in module F0 "User Defined or Reserved", using MMTool.
GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC
CRT_EmuDriver - ATI Radeon Catalyst video driver for GroovyMAME
tankadin.com : tank + paladin = tankadin