Finding correct settings that work with each different resolution is a long, difficult, and slow
process. If you think you can contribute or help with this process then please contact me.
Please do not steal or plagiarism my work or settings without crediting me. Otherwise I will
take everything offline for my private friends and personal use only. I have put alot of time
and effort into all of this and would prefer if people would just point others towards my blog.
Thankyou for understanding.
Big thankyou to all those that have been directly involved in creating and maintaining MAME.
Special credit/thanks to Aaron Giles, Mr. Do and all those involved in creating and
maintaining the MAME/MESS Artwork System.
Thanks to Ryan Holtz aka 'Just Desserts', Bat Country Entertainment, cgwg and all those
involved in creating and maintaining the HLSL filter for MAME and MESS.
I would like to credit turborunner for helping out with all widescreen testing.
I would like to personally thank these people that have helped me on the forums in a friendly,
respectful, and professional manner; krick, R. Belmont, Heihachi_73, PsikyoFan.
I would like to acknowledge these people that induced me to 'push the envelope' and think
differently which allowed me to get my custom setup where it is today; ilya-v, SoltanGris42.
Now that is out of the way I would like to encourage you to try my just released version 3.0 custom setup.
First you might like to read this page;
And the introduction to version 3.0 here;
Then you can get version 3.0 from here;
* No longer implemented through the HLSL filter. (Can be used alongside it though)
* Now implemented through MAME Artwork System.
* High Quality .png file.
* No longer 'tiled' ensures no gradient or banding artifacts with ingame scrolling.
* No 'warping' or 'pinching' effects ensure a crystal clear game image that is easier to look at.
* 'Alpha Channel' is not adjustable so the phosphur pattern is shown at full strength resulting in a darkened game image and also can produce a viewable dot crawl effect on some monitors. (Might be noticeable if you are looking at a white intro screen)
* Once above issue is solved I will release a second pattern of an Aperture Grille with scanlines.
* Wanting suggestions for alternative MAME/Artwork implementation options, the current 'Simple Manual Install' method can get tedious, but does work for all games.
The 'Alpha Channel' known issue is of highest priority on the fixit list. I have posted more indepth information in my post further down;
If you are able to come up with a solution then please contact me. Credit will be given for any help received. Maybe it requires a new MAME Artwork type that is a slightly modified 'overlay' or 'bezel'?
Read about my latest custom HLSL setup here;
Edited by jclampy (11/27/11 02:06 AM)