MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
- 04704: [Gameplay] 25pacman: Unable to continue while playing Galaga
- 04694: [Documentation] m5fmonty: The correct description is "Full
Monty (The) (Empire) (MPU5)".
- 04692: [Documentation] j6kapang: The correct description is "Kapang!
- 04691: [Documentation] j6cpal and clone: The correct description is
"Caesars Palace (Whitbread / Crystal) (IMPACT, set 1)". The
set 'j6cpala' is his clone.
- 04693: [Documentation] m5cockdd: The correct description is "Cock A
Doodle Dough! (Empire) (MPU5)".
- 04696: [Crash/Freeze] Crash when loading samples in certain games
- 04697: [Compiling] Unable to compile LDRESAMPLE.exe tool (Aaron
- 04698: [Compiling] Unable to compile LDVERIFY.exe tool (Aaron Giles)
chdcd: Fix crash when parsing bin/cue [R. Belmont]
Rewrite INS8250 to use diserial, updated Microtouch to modern and made
it serial device, updated connected drivers [Carl]
Checksum the delay slot in single-instruction blocks in the MIPS3 and
RSP DRCs. [Ryan Holtz]
mc146818 - Set period even if timer is disabled, required for windows
diserial - added optinal rx and tx timers and callbacks [Carl]
ins8250 - serial rx line high on start and fix for msr register [Carl]
m68k: Add API to install a non-debugger instruction hook. Usage is
strongly NOT recommended except for dire cases. [R. Belmont]
Williams blits with bit 2 set take approximately 2x as long because
they are bus-shared with RAM. Should impact some timing behaviors such
as later levels in Robotron, where approximately 10% of the blits are
done with bit 2 set. Further refinements may be necessary but this
addresses the most significant issue. [Sean Riddle, Aaron Giles]
i386: One more to fix cmpsb (dir /s in MS-DOS works now) and remove
unused variables. [Carl]
Improvements to Golden Poker driver [Roberto Fresca]
* Inputs from the scratch.
* Switched manufacturer 'Playman' to PM / Beck Elektronik, since it's
PM and Beck Elektronik/Computer/etc...
* Added technical and game notes.
Added a trivial Y reject to triangle draw commands in the N64 RDP.
N64: Various PIF fixes [Ryan Holtz]
info.c: several fixes and additions to listxml output [Fabio Priuli]
* appended to xml info about devices which can be optionally mounted
* added a description attribute to slotoption to show which devices
can be mounted in each slot
* added to xml info of cpus/inputs/image/slots which are relative to
devices (e.g. CPUs or Dipswitches in the device itself)
* tags of elements directly attached to the root_device do not
display anymore the root colon (slot tags were already behaving in
this way); elements attached to optional devices use tags starting
with colon (to be interpreted as a relative tags which gets
appended to the device tag, when such a device is selected in a
* modified when necessary output routines to pass a root_device and a
root_tag as parameters, in order to simplify output of relative
devices and avoid duplicated code
* updated DTD according to the new elements and attributes These
changes allow frontends to know in advance how drivers can be
configured through the various slot options (by matching option
descriptions with device descriptions), without the need to run
-lx with the various slot combinations. This is especially of use
if a device adds e.g. dipswitches or image devices (like
additional floppy drives or additional slot expansions), but also
if one wants to know e.g. how many sound channels a soundcard
would add to a pc driver, or which kind of screen parameters would
be added by a specific choice of video card.
i386: Added 32-bit versions of LMSW, and made LMSW only change the
lower 4 bits of CR0. [Barry Rodewald]
Fixed Windows 95 blue screen. [Carl]
Preliminary driver for Merkur's 'Mahn Oh-Mann'. German board game
similar to Ludo, derivated from the indian game Parchisi. Coin-op
machine for 1-4 players. No screen, just artwork and lamps.
Removed need for *_dev.lst files [Miodrag Milanovic]
* enforced short names for slot card devices
* updated validation, romverify and listxml output accordingly
N64: Force mtc0 opcodes that initiate to-RSP DMAs to end recompile
sequences to force a code check. Fixes certain microcodes from
executing garbage code after DMA. [Ryan Holtz]
N64: Don't flush the RSP DRC cache on DMA. Fixes Mario 64 and others.
N64: Miscellaneous machine fixes [Ryan Holtz]
* Increase the amount of time consumed by PI DMA, makes certain RSP
microcodes that test DMA speed land in the correct window.
* Force the main CPU to yield when the RSP reads its atomic
* Force the RSP to yield when PI DMA completes.
* Flush the RSP DRC cache when touching IMEM with SP DMA.
i386: Prevent page faults when returning to same privilege and
unmapped pages are above the stack. Windows 95 boots now. [Carl]
Documentation of the video data on Dragon Gun. [David Haywood]
N64: Fix audio sync issues in Super Mario 64 and probably others, and
also bring PI DMA speed into the realm of reality. [Ryan Holtz]
N64: Change PI DMA speed from 3 cycles/word to 5.08 cycles, as
average PI speed is between 2.53 and 2.55 cycles/byte. [Ryan Holtz]
i386: LOCK prefix should depend on IOPL on 386. Windows NT beta
gticlub: Rewrote the 3D renderer. Implemented gouraud shading,
lighting and fog. [Ville Linde]
Create a new device_mixer_interface, derived from
device_sound_interface, which mixes all its inputs to a single output
stream. Redefined the SPEAKER device to use this and remove the
duplicate underlying logic. The main purpose of this new interface is
to allow device-ification of an entire sound board, which can itself
become a mixer of all of its sound components to a single output
stream. This stream can then be routed by the device's owner to the
appropriate speakers. A real-life example will show up soon. [Aaron
Better management of FLAC block sizes, aiming to keep them around 2k
samples. Increased CD sectors per hunk to 8 for better compression.
Re-did the non-CD FLAC codec to be "smart" in that it can choose
either big-endian or little-endian on the fly and uses the best one.
Added FLAC as a default codec for hard disks, which helps a lot for
certain disks. [Aaron Giles]
Added missing proms for Fax and Fax 2. [W. Belk, Smitdogg, The
New games added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Casino Poker (Ver PM86LO-35-5, German) [Roberto Fresca, Team Europe]
New clones added
Altered Beast (FD1094 317-0069)
[Stefan Lindberg, Chris Hardy, The Dumping Union]
PuzzLoop 2 (Japan 010226) [idc/Team Avalaunch]
Street Fighter II': Champion Edition (Japan 920322)
Mortal Kombat (Yawdim bootleg - Set 2)
[ScheissNussen, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
New games marked as GAME_NOT_WORKING
Mann, oh-Mann [Roberto Fresca, Team Europe]
NFL Classic Football (NCF3 Ver.A.) [Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
Area 51: Site 4 (September 11, 1998) [ninjakid]
Pot O' Gold [Bicyclerepairman]