> > 198 games are now in.
> > Unfortunately it takes a very long time.
> Is there any way to make it more maintainable so that it just becomes (primarily) a
> list of ROM definitions and a sourcecode overlay?
> - Stiletto
If I understand you correctly, that's how it is. However there have been so many changes since 0.128.. for example "main" is now "maincpu", ROMREGION_DISPOSE doesn't exist any more, other rom regions have had names changes, size changes, byte-size changes etc.
We've changed from c to c++, which means I can't just throw in a few extra functions, I have to make a new .h file and define the extras in there as well. I thought of making derivate classes but decided against it.
The pong cpu "gensync" is ignored by the compiler, no idea why, most likely it will just get thrown out. Some of the demo programs no longer work. And so on.
Today I've gotten the galaga hacks to work, including the 'bang' sound on the bootlegs (not working on official mame). This brings the total to 228 games.