> Hi thanks for your responses but now i have turned mouse on i get mouse x and mouse y
> for both guns instead of gun1 for both.
Just to be sure that Mame recognizes both guns, try this and tell me what happens:
1. Connect both guns.
2. Start Mame and start one of the gun games (i.e. Area 51)
3. Press OK or Enter (or move joystick left and right) to get to main game screen.
4. Hit TAB (to enter setup)
5. Select 'Input (this game)'
6. Scroll down and select 'P1 Button 1' (Player 1) Press Enter (keyboard), then pull trigger on 1st gun. After you pull the trigger, it should read 'Gun X BO' (where X = 1,2,3, etc)
7. Scroll down to 'P2 Button 1' (Player 2) Press Enter (keyboard), then pull trigger on 2nd gun. After you pull trigger, it should say 'Gun X BO' (where x = 1,2,3, etc) but SHOULD be different from 1st gun. For example, the first gun trigger button could be 'Gun 2 BO' and the second gun be 'Gun 3 BO'
If you get two different readings (i.e. 'Gun 2 BO' and 'Gun 3 BO') then Mame recognizes two different triggers.
If you get two SAME readings (i.e. Gun 2 BO' and 'Gun 2 BO' then Mame only sees one trigger.
If Mame sees two different triggers, then you can go ahead and adjust the movement settings for each gun (Lightgun X Analog, Lightgun Y Analog for first gun, Lightgun X2 Analog, Lightgun Y2 Analog for second gun).
Let me know if this works.