> I think you misunderstand me. It is no problem for me to compile such a MAME version.
> It is a problem for all the novice/beginner people and it is no solution for
> frontend-developers to force their users to download and use a "special" compiled
> MAME version, not to mention, that you have again the depencies of third party
> developers, that wasnt needed before.
It's very crystal clear:
1. You're looking for excuses to hate something when things are not your way. The typical spoiled brat behavior.
2. No one forces you to use MESS drivers in the same way no one forces you to get every ROM needed for the MESS drivers to work. There isn't any performance difference between MAMEArcade and MAME+MESS, just more options. You don't go to a car manufacturer to demand a smaller gas tank because you only run your vehicle a few blocks, just simply add less gasoline.
3. You talk in representation of "novice/beginner people" who can't compile and will use anything are handed to them anyway.
4. Front-ends are made to give accessibility to specific program versions. They're not called in-betweens because the dependency is from the program itself they want to front-end, not the other way around.
5. Third party development is always needed. ClrMAME needs to update constantly, MinGW too. A front-end is third party software. Again, pure spoiled brat excuses.