I tried many frontends, but MAMEUI/MAMEUIFX is still the best.
Advantages/disadvantages of MAMEUI:
1. Buit-in (it is also a disadvantage, because it can easily break with every new MAME release).
2. Easy to use and customize.
3. Supports multipaths for roms.
4. It has the name MAME in it. You can't go wrong with that.
5. Historical value and lots of good memories.
6. Supports forlders ini files
7. Search feature to find the game you want.
Advantages/disadvantages of M+GUI:
1. It is external frontend that looks similar to MAMEUI
2. It has support for multipaths for roms, snaps, icons, etc. (by editing mamepgui.ini is easier to add the paths). Not many frontends support multipaths for almost everything.
3. It crashes with too many icons.
4. Someone needs to work on its source, for optimization and fixes.
5. Supports forlders ini files
6. Search feature to find the game you want.
Advantages/disadvantages of QMC2:
1. It is external frontend.
2. It doesn't look like MAMEUI. You can make it somewhat to resemble it, but it's far from MAMEUI.
3. The stylesheets doesn't work very well.
4. Videosnaps are played reversed and mirrored.
5. Needs a lot of work to customize it. It is not as easy to use as MAMEUI or even M+GUI.
6. It supports multipaths for almost everything and even supports zip files for snaps, titles etc.
7. You can add extra artpacks likes bosses, howto, logo etc.
8. It doesn't support folders ini files (big disadvantage)
Note: forgive any spelling mistakes
Edited by DaffyDuck (04/06/16 09:35 AM)