11/30/16 01:33 AM
Hello everybody! Are you ready for the November MAME release? Itís definitely ready for you, and there are lots of reasons to get excited this time around. First and foremost, a number of ARM CPU core fixes mean you can now boot to the RISC OS desktop on an emulated Acorn Archimedes, and try some of the included applications. The same bug fixes allow a number of Aristocrat Mark 5 gambling machines to boot and run in demonstration mode. There are still some issues to iron out, but things have definitely improved enormously.
On the arcade front, protection on Atari Space Lords has finally been reverse-engineered making the game playable. This is an interesting space combat game for one or two players, where the second player takes on the role of the gunner/co-pilot. In another improvement thatís been a long time coming, The Acclaim RAX sound board is now emulated, bringing sound to Batman Forever and NBA Jam Extreme. There are substantial improvements to the Magnet System emulation (added in last monthís release) making these rare prototype bootlegs playable. David Haywood also fixed some graphical issues in Altered Beast, and Angelo Salese fixed graphical issues in The Lost Castle in Darkmist.
There are some other notable improvements in computer emulation, too. Barry Rodewald has added support for IC Card (PCMCIA SRAM) storage on the FM Towns, and substantially improved LSI Octopus emulation. The Mac 128/512/Plus drivers have been modernised, and serial port support has been added to the Apple IIgs driver. Another DEC Rainbow 100 update from Bavarese fixes colours in high-resolution mode among other improvements.
Newly supported systems include RC De Go (Go By RC outside Japan), newly dumped versions of 1945k III, Forgotten Worlds, Sol Divide and Vendetta, the Italian release of Mustache Boy, 286-based versions of the Intel iSBC, bootlegs of Blue Shark, Pole Position II and Ozma Wars, more Fidelity and Mephisto chess computers, and more electronic toys.
As usual you can read all the gory details in the whatsnew.txt file, or go right ahead and get source or Windows binaries from the download page and have some fun.
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
- 06436: [DIP/Input] (tecmo.cpp) gemini, geminib: Input issues (Tafoid)
- 06432: [Graphics] Creating a game specific INI disables HLSL filters (Jezze)
- 04933: [Flip Screen/Cocktail] (gaiden.cpp) gaiden and clones: Very slight offset down on flip screen (Osso)
- 06427: [Documentation] (atarisy1.cpp) peterpak: A dash too much in the game description. (AntoPISA)
- 03646: [Graphics] (segas16b.cpp) altbeastj, altbeast6 : Missing graphics in the crystal ball. (David Haywood)
- 06407: [Compiling] (cps2.cpp) BUILD: Compiling a tinybuild with cps2 driver included crashes (smf)
- 06413: [Interface] CONSOLE: Does nothing but allow "EXIT" (crazyc)
- 05928: [Crash/Freeze] (zn.cpp) nbajamex: game crashes / nvram gets corrupted (Phil Bennett)
- 06418: [Flip Screen/Cocktail] (8080bw.cpp) Color sets in 8080bw: No picture for second player in cocktail mode. (Robbbert)
- 06417: [Crash/Freeze] MAME crashed with UI and HLSL (Jezze)
- 06411: [Flip Screen/Cocktail] (equites.cpp) splndrbt and clones, hvoltage: Cocktail mode video isn't working correctly (Osso)
New working machines
- Candela CAN09 terminal [Joakim Larsson Edstrom]
- Draw 88 Poker (V2.0) [Roberto Fresca, Charles MacDonald]
- Entex Space Battle [hap, Sean Riddle]
- Fidelity Designer 2100 Display [hap, Berger]
- Fidelity Excel 68000 [hap, Berger]
- Mephisto Montreux [unknown]
- Player's Edge Plus (PP0001) Standard Draw Poker [BrianT]
- Player's Edge Plus (PP0050) Joker Poker (4 sets) [BrianT]
- Player's Edge Plus (PP0054) Deuces Wild Poker (El Cortez) [BrianT]
- Player's Edge Plus (PP0195) 4 of a Kind Bonus Poker [BrianT]
- Player's Edge Plus (PP0218) 4 of a Kind Bonus Poker [BrianT]
- Player's Edge Plus (PP0232) Patriot Poker [BrianT]
- Player's Edge Plus (PP0294) Aces and Faces Bonus Joker Poker [BrianT]
- Player's Edge Plus (PP0295) Super Deuces Wild Poker [BrianT]
- Player's Edge Plus (PP0445) Aces and Faces Bonus Joker Poker [BrianT]
- Player's Edge Plus (PP0450) Loose Deuce Deuces Wild! Poker [BrianT]
- Player's Edge Plus (PP0453) Joker Poker [BrianT]
- Player's Edge Plus (X002002P+XP000038) Double Double Bonus Poker [BrianT]
- Player's Edge Plus (X002240P+XP000038) Joker Poker (Two Pair or Better) [BrianT]
- Radio Shack Monkey See [hap, Sean Riddle]
- Bandai System Control Car: Cheetah/The Incredible Brain Buggy [hap, Sean Riddle]
- Shikigami no Shiro - internal build (V1.02J 2001/09/27 18:45) [rtw, ShouTime, smf, O.Galibert]
- Intel iSBC 286/12 [Al Kossow]
New working clones
- 1945k III (newer, OPCX1 PCB) [ShouTime, The Dumping Union]
- Blue Shark (Model Racing bootleg) [f205v]
- Burning Fight (prototype, ver 23.3, 910326) [Collin Foust]
- Cosmic Invaders (bootleg of Space Invaders) [penrhos]
- Forgotten Worlds (USA, B-Board 88618B-2, Rev. B) [Corrado Tomaselli, The Dumping Union]
- Gran Premio F1 (Spanish bootleg of Pole Position II) [Rockman, Arcade Hacker]
- Grand Prix Star (v3.0) [Hammy]
- Hit the Ice (US, with riser board) [coolmod]
- Mustache Boy (Italy) [ShouTime]
- Metal Slug 2 Turbo (hack/bootleg) [system11, trap15]
- Ozma Wars (Model Racing bootleg) [f205v]
- Player's Edge Plus (PP0008) Standard Draw Poker (set 2, El Cortez) [BrianT]
- Player's Edge Plus (PP0048) Joker Poker (set 4) [BrianT]
- Player's Edge Plus (PP0057) Deuces Wild Poker (set 4) [BrianT]
- Player's Edge Plus (PP0103) Deuces Wild Poker (set 2) [BrianT]
- Player's Edge Plus (PP0126) Deuces Wild Poker (set 3) [BrianT]
- Player's Edge Plus (PP0188) Standard Draw Poker (set 3) [BrianT]
- Player's Edge Plus (PP0434) Bonus Poker Deluxe (set 2) [BrianT]
- Player's Edge Plus (PP0447) Standard Draw Poker (set 3) [BrianT]
- Player's Edge Plus (PP0452) Double Deuces Wild Poker (set 2) [BrianT]
- Road Fighter (set 3, conversion hack on Hyper Sports PCB) [f205v]
- Sol Divide - The Sword Of Darkness (Korea) [Nomax, The Dumping Union]
- Stone Ball (2 Players, v1-20 21/10/1994) [Nomax, The Dumping Union]
- Vendetta (World, 2 Players, ver. ?) [Corrado Tomaselli, The Dumping Union]
Machines promoted to working
- Exzisus (EX 1.0, Magnet System, prototype) [David Haywood]
- Go By RC (V2.03O 1999/05/25 13:31) [smf]
- Number Crash [kurobee]
- Saitek RISC 2500 v1.04 [unknown]
- Space Lords (rev C) [Morten Shearman Kirkegaard, Samuel Neves, Peter Wilhelmsen]
- Tandy/Memorex Video Information System MD-2500 [Carl]
- Time Scanner (TS 2.0, Magnet System, prototype) [David Haywood]
- Xain'd Sleena (SC 3.0, Magnet System, prototype) [David Haywood]
- Intel iSBC 286/10 [Carl]
Clones promoted to working
- RC De Go (V2.03J 1999/05/22 19:29) [smf]
- Space Lords (rev A) [Morten Shearman Kirkegaard, Samuel Neves, Peter Wilhelmsen]
- Space Lords (rev A, German) [Morten Shearman Kirkegaard, Samuel Neves, Peter Wilhelmsen]
- Space Lords (rev B) [Morten Shearman Kirkegaard, Samuel Neves, Peter Wilhelmsen]
New machines marked as NOT_WORKING
- ACI Destiny Prodigy [Joakim Larsson Edstrom]
- Acorn A4000 [Nigel Barnes]
- Acorn A5000 [Nigel Barnes]
- Bandai Super Note Club mu (Japan) [Team Europe]
- Candela CAN09 main unit [Joakim Larsson Edstrom]
- Datum [Robbbert]
- Diamond Fever (0200302V, NSW/ACT) [Heihachi_73]
- GMX Micro 20 [Al Kossow, R. Belmont]
- Hazeltine 1500 [Al Kossow, Ryan Holtz]
- Intel iSBC 86/05 [Al Kossow]
- Intel iSBC 86/30 [Al Kossow]
- Jungle Juice (0200240V, New Zealand) [Heihachi_73]
- Kron K-180 [Joakim Larsson Edstrom]
- Meng Hong Lou [Guru, Dyq, Bnathan]
- Montana Choice (MG0025) Multi-Game [BrianT]
- Montana Choice (MG0026) Multi-Game [BrianT]
- Montana Choice (MG0182) Multi-Game [BrianT]
- Player's Choice (MG0213) Multi-Game [BrianT]
- Player's Edge (PK0858-PC075) Deuces Wild Poker (El Cortez) [BrianT]
- Player's Edge Plus (X000013K+XK000012) Keno [BrianT]
- Player's Edge Plus (X000846S+XS000006) Wild Star Red White & Blue Slots [BrianT]
- Player's Choice - Original (30143011, NSW/ACT) [Heihachi_73]
- Rider's Surf [PinMAME]
- Simatic PG675 [R. Belmont, rfka01]
- SYS68K/CPU-30SEN-R [Joakim Larsson Edstrom]
- SYS68K/CPU-30SEN-R-501 [Joakim Larsson Edstrom]
- Televideo TV910 [Al Kossow, R. Belmont]
New clones marked as NOT_WORKING
- Acorn A3010 [Nigel Barnes]
- Acorn A3020 [Nigel Barnes]
- Acorn A4 [Nigel Barnes]
- Acorn A5000 Alpha [Nigel Barnes]
- Archimedes 3000 [Nigel Barnes]
- Archimedes 305 [Nigel Barnes]
- Archimedes 410/1 [Nigel Barnes]
- Archimedes 420/1 [Nigel Barnes]
- Archimedes 440 [Nigel Barnes]
- Archimedes 440/1 [Nigel Barnes]
- Archimedes 540 [Nigel Barnes]
- Cash Chameleon (0200437V, NSW/ACT) [Heihachi_73]
- Cash Chameleon (0300781V, New Zealand) [Heihachi_73]
- Chicken (0200530V, Queensland) [Heihachi_73]
- Inca Sun (CHG1458, US) [Heihachi_73]
- Star God (variable replay score) [PinMAME]
- SYS68K/CPU-30BE/16 [Joakim Larsson Edstrom]
- SYS68K/CPU-30BE/8 [Joakim Larsson Edstrom]
- SYS68K/CPU-30Lite/4 [Joakim Larsson Edstrom]
- SYS68K/CPU-30Lite/8 [Joakim Larsson Edstrom]
- SYS68K/CPU-30X [Joakim Larsson Edstrom]
- SYS68K/CPU-30XA [Joakim Larsson Edstrom]
- SYS68K/CPU-30ZA [Joakim Larsson Edstrom]
- SYS68K/CPU-30ZBE [Joakim Larsson Edstrom]
- SYS68K/CPU-33 [Joakim Larsson Edstrom]
- Time Crisis II (Japan, TSS1 Ver. B) [Bill D., The Dumping Union]
- Time Crisis II (US, TSS5 Ver. A) [Naoki, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
- Unicorn Dreaming (0101228V, New Zealand) [Heihachi_73]
- Wild Amazon (01J01996, Venezuela) [Heihachi_73]
- War: The Final Assault (Apr 7 1999) [CoolFox]
New WORKING software list additions
- atom_flop.xml: Egghead in Space, F14 Tomcat [Nigel Barnes]
- bbcb_cass.xml: The Music System [Nigel Barnes]
- bbcb_flop.xml: various games, applications, utilities [Nigel Barnes]
- bbcb_flop_orig.xml: redumped Farm Management Suite double sided [Nigel Barnes]
- bbcmc_flop.xml: ALPS, Astro Blaster, Carnival [Nigel Barnes]
- megadriv.xml: Cool Spot (Euro, Prototype) [FakeShemp, Team Europe]
- pet_rom.xml: SUPER*TOOL [Francesco Messineo]
- pro128s_flop.xml: Disco Welcome [Nigel Barnes]
- snes.xml: Syvalion (Euro, Prototype) [FakeShemp, Team Europe]
New NOT_WORKING software list additions
- archimedes.xml: RISC OS 3 Applications, many coverdisks and commercial applications [Nigel Barnes]
- bbc_flop_6502.xml: Hi-InterSheet, Hi-View, Hi-Wordwise+ [Nigel Barnes]
- electron_flop.xml: all known 5.25" DFS releases [Nigel Barnes]
- pico.xml: Cooking Pico (Jpn), Cooking Pico (Kor), Toy Story 2 (Kor), The Cloud is Wizard (Kor), Tago Galka (Kor), Dreamland Tour (Kor) [Team Europe]
- sawatte.xml: Doraemon Nobita no Dou Butsu Land, Soreike! Anpanman Onamae Na~ni, Ultra Hero Touch [Team Europe]
Translations added or modified
-imgtool: Various refactoring: [Nathan Woods]
* Consolidated logic for default implementation of imgtool::image::list_partitions().
* Changed imgtool::stream::open*() to return imgtool::stream::ptr.
* Fixed a recently introduced bug that caused image types that do not support partitions to function incorrectly.
-core: Disassembler modernisation: [Nathan Woods]
* Merged M6809, HD6309 and Konami disassemblers.
* Added arcompact and PDP8 disassemblers to unidasm.
* Fixed unidasm declaration for upd7725.
* Eliminated static disassembly buffers in RSP, PowerPC and MIPS DRCs.
* Changed all disassemblers to use output stream rather than character buffer.
* Changed disassembler overrides to use 'std::ostream &' internally.
* Changed disassembler infrastructure to not use char buffers internally.
-apollo: Enabled creation when non-existent image name is supplied for omti8621 and sc499. [Hans Ostermeyer]
-sc499: Corrected regressions that prevented writing. [Hans Ostermeyer]
-various: Miscellaneous typo fixes. [Jordi Mallach, Tafoid]
-arm, arm7: Various emulation improvements: [Sandro Ronco]
* Implemented Transfers to User Bank in LDM/STM and fixed flags corruption in branch opcodes.
* Fixed register-base shift with a value >= 32, this fixes the RISC OS graphics issues.
* Fixed carry for ROR and preserve IRQ_MASK in LDR R15,***.
-mmodular, risc2500: Moved Saitek RISC 2500 into a separate driver and added internal layout and inputs. [Sandro Ronco]
-a310: reworked HLE keyboard and added mouse input. [Sandro Ronco]
-aristmk5: Various improvements: [Sandro Ronco]
* Hooked up EEPROMs, UARTs and some inputs.
* Fixed video DMA when vidstart != 0.
* Added coin input, logic door input and RTC.
* Fixed SRAM banking.
-archimds: Fixed horizontal display position and cursor position in VIDC. [Sandro Ronco]
-atarigx2: Reverse-engineered Space Lords security FPGA and implemented decryption code.
[Morten Shearman Kirkegaard, Samuel Neves, Peter Wilhelmsen]
-atarigx2: Fixed inputs in Space Lords. [MASH]
-ti99: Fixed save states and declared MACHINE_SUPPORTS_SAVE. [Michael Zapf]
-midvunit: Renamed wargods CHD to reflect actual version on disk. [Ryan Holtz]
-hazeltin: Various initial changes: [Ryan Holtz]
* Added keyboard hookup, but will need 8048 dumping or black-boxing.
* Added preliminary video, still broken due to timing issues.
* Added state-machine bipolar PROMs.
-core: Added non-netlist devices for logic ICs: [Ryan Holtz]
* 54/7416x Hex/Quad D Flip-Flops with Clear
* 9334/DM9334 8-Bit Addressable Latch
* 7400 Quad 2-Input NAND Gate, 7404 Hex Inverter, 82S126/82S129 256x4-bit PROM
-sun4: Simplified DMA implementation. [Ryan Holtz]
-naomi: various naming changes: [MetalliC]
* Added supported region info.
* Changed all games to "Export name / Japan name" template.
* Correct a few names as per title screens.
-namcos12: Added Namco Cyber Lead cabinet JVS IO and LED controller PCB dumps. [PascalP, Team Europe]
-aristmk6: Hooked up IRQ registers. [MetalliC]
-naomi: Added missing PICs for Dragon Treasure 2 main, Dragon Treasure 2 & 3 satellite, and WCCF 2001-2002.
[Android, Darksoft, f205v, rtw, MetalliC]
-luaengine: Converted to sol2. [Carl]
-plugins/console: Added Lua console as plugin. [Carl]
-core: Moved device_memory_interface from driver_device to dummy_space_device. [smf]
* Exposed the dummy_space_device as machine().dummy_space() with a trampoline in driver_device for existing callers.
* Debugger no longer needs to special case root_device() to avoid showing the dummy address space.
-taitogn: Various changes: [smf]
* Implemented G-NET BIOS flashing
* Games that require the v2 BIOS now require you to update the BIOS and turn off JP1 as part of the installation
* A v1 BIOS flash is included, but you aren't forced to use it
* Moved G-NET protection out of ATAFLASH and into individual devices for each type of card
* Added build dates and times to G-NET game descriptions.
-zn: Various changes: [smf]
* Implemented enough analogue control reading on ZN1/ZN2 for RC De Go and Go By RC.
* Fixed ZN1/ZN2 DIP switch descriptions.
-Implemented S1985 backup RAM [smf]
* Fixes TPC310 accessories cursor movement on the second time you launch it with left ctrl + left shift.
* Fixed Matsushita backup RAM saving.
* Implemented S1985 and Matsushita state saving.
* Implemented MSX switched interface without using an address map.
-Fixed heap corruption when loading a new CHD fails. [smf]
-Throw CHDERR_FILE_NOT_WRITEABLE rather than CHDERR_UNSUPPORTED_VERSION if you try to open an old version CHD or writing. [smf]
-darkmist: Video fixes: [Angelo Salese]
* Added real transparent pen mixing from PROMs, fixes ranking screen and gameplay area in Dark Mist.
* Fixed sprite-sprite priorities, sprite chip fetches from top to bottom.
-saturn: Various changes: [Angelo Salese]
* Worked around VDP1 timings in Sega Saturn, fixes regression with Batman Forever gameplay speed.
* Added Rotation Parameter read control register, fixes at least Riddler stage ROZ positioning in Batman Forever.
-mirage: Added 93C46 EEPROM hook-up. [Angelo Salese]
-seta: Added backup RAM hookup for kiwame, fixes "BACKUP RAM ERROR" at first boot. [Angelo Salese]
-ncr5390: Implemented selection disable. [O. Galibert]
-addrmap refactoring: [O. Galibert]
* Removed device parameter
* De-hand-templatized address_map_entry, remove then unneeded entry parameter
* Simplified constructor, thanks Micko
* Changed setters into passthroughs
* Stream it
* Changed to use dot syntax rather than -> syntax for chaining
-addrmem: Made obvious renames and added helpers. [O. Galibert]
-general: Eliminated attaching memory maps to driver_device. [O. Galibert]
-emucore: Removed generic_ptr. [O. Galibert]
-scn2674: Various changes: [Barry Rodewald]
* Corrected the row on which a split occurs, fixes Octopus display of the last row before the status line split.
* Added command 0xA6, fixes Octopus status line in Concurrent DOS, and BIOS character block write function.
-octopus: Various changes: [Barry Rodewald]
* Added cursor display.
* Added colour attributes.
* Added blink and underline attributes.
* Hooked up serial lines, Concurrent DOS can now use the first serial port as an extra terminal.
* Fixed Z80 RAM banking past 256kB.
-fmtowns: Addded support for IC Memory Card images. [Barry Rodewald]
* Limited to 16MB in size until software that supports more can be found.
-x68k: Added keyboard LEDs to layout display. [Barry Rodewald]
* Among other things, this fixes the 'dancing keyboard' display when running Cotton.
-mac: Split 128/512/Plus into a new separate, more modern driver. [R. Belmont]
-mac: Corrected regression in IIvx/IIvi models. [R. Belmont]
-apple2gs: Switched to use z80scc, added printer and modem ports. [R. Belmont]
-sdgndmps: Added DIP switch names and locations (verified from manual). [AJR]
-pg685: Added pg675 and hooked up MM58167 RTC. [R. Belmont, rfka01]
-pg685: Various changes: [R. Belmont]
* Preliminary working oua11 video.
* Fixed ROM and ROM shadow mapping for oua12 so it actually boots.
* Preliminary not-quite-working oua12 video (chargen decode is unknown).
-pg675, pg685: Added hardware info. [rfka01]
-micro20: Added more device hookups, gets farther into POST. [R. Belmont]
-concept: Added optional MacsBug ROMs. [Al Kossow, R. Belmont]
-core: Fixed a bug parsing the software name option that prevented loading slot defaults for software selected from the internal
-sh2dasm, sh4dasm: Changed the disassemblers to use 'std::ostream &' internally. [AJR]
-pit8253: Made MSB-only counter writes lower outputs in mode 0. [AJR]
-amusco: Various changes: [AJR]
* Identified and hooked up 8155 interface chips for LPT and RTC.
* Fixed PIT IRQs; game speed is much better now.
* Coin inputs now read properly through IRQ4.
* Promoted draw88pkr to WORKING (no more "COIN ERROR" on startup, though POST still fails memory test for some reason).
* Removed spurious coin counter.
* Updated notes on printer.
-seibu: Moved SEI80BU encryption out of the SEIBU_SOUND device and made it a device of its own. [AJR]
-amusco: Added button-lamps and coin counter support. [Roberto Fresca]
-z80scc: Various changes: [Joakim Larsson Edstrom]
* Added support for RTxC as BRG clock source, allows the SGI Indy to have a console.
* Fixed a bug in rr15 support, allows macplus, etc. to boot now.
* Improved interrupt handling, allows mouse pointer to move in macplus driver for System 6.0.8.
* Fixed init state of latched rr0 values, improves the success ratio of getting the mouse working in both X and Y on macplus, etc.
* Minimal sync/hunt support to enable System 7 to boot on macplus.
-z80dart: Refactored FIFOs using new template based FIFO class. [Joakim Larsson Edstrom]
-didact: Various Candela changes: [Joakim Larsson Edstrom]
* Added can09, a non working driver for the Candela main computer, a 6809 based design with FDC and a 6850 CRTC.
* Added can09t, a somewhat working driver for the Candela terminal, a slimmer version without FDC and with a terminal interface.
-fccpu30: Various changes: [Joakim Larsson Edstrom]
* Added new board variants as WIP: cpu30x, cpu30xa, cpu30za, cpu30zbe, cpu30be8, cpu30be16, cpu30lite4, cpu30lite8, cpu30senr,
* Added support for -ramsize according to each board variant.
* Renamed roms to reflect on content and versions.
* Mapped the Epson 72423 RTC device to the msm6242_device driver as it is compatible.
* Added mock handlers with LOG info for devices that needs to be written.
* Exposed possibility to turn off FPU in case it is not installed.
* fccpu: Prepared to split out base fccpu class to support drivers for cpu2x and cpu4x boards etc.
* Various small fixes to PIT68230, FGA022, DUSCC.
-prodigy: Added skeleton driver for ACI Destiny Prodigy chess computer. [Joakim Larsson Edstrom]
-z80sio, mzr8105: Added UPD7201 device type to and changed driver to use it. [Joakim Larsson Edstrom]
-rax: Emulated the Acclaim RAX sound board, fixing sound in Batman Forever and NBA Jam Extreme. [Phil Bennett]
-zn: Hooked up extra NVRAM in NBA Jam Extreme. [Phil Bennett]
-bbc: Added ACP 1770 DFS to acorn1770 FDC. [Nigel Barnes]
-electron: Added PRES ADFS versions to Plus3 expansion. [Nigel Barnes]
-a310: Added new NOT WORKING machines Archimedes 305, Archimedes 440, Archimedes 3000, Archimedes 410/1, Archimedes 420/1,
Archimedes 440/1, Archimedes 540, Acorn A5000, Acorn A4, Acorn A4000, Acorn A5000 Alpha [Nigel Barnes]
* Renamed a310->aa310 to avoid conflict with Amiga machines.
* Added all missing OS releases Arthur 0.30, RISC OS 2.01, RISC OS 3.00, RISC OS 3.10, RISC OS 3.19 (German).
* Made all machines default to the OS (Arthur, RISC OS 2, RISC OS 3) they were shipped with.
* Corrected ROM labels/locations.
* Added default CMOS to boot to desktop.
* Mapped Acorn A4 Power Management extension.
-hp9845: Re-implemented 98035 module with a nanoprocessor driver. [F.Ulivi]
* Now possible to emulate the 98035 RTC module at a low level thanks to firmware ROM dump from Mr. Kueckes.
* Implemented "nanoprocessor" microcontroller CPU core and disassembler.
-hp9845: Implemented HP98034 module (HPIB interface). [F.Ulivi]
-quizpun2: Hooked up MCU, improved graphics and sound. [Luca Elia]
-crystal: Fixed VRender0 timers. [Luca Elia]
-cedar_magnet: Preliminary magnet system sound and various flag fixes. [David Haywood]
-smskr: Added support for the seo-jin 11-in-1 multi-game bootleg cartridge. [David Haywood]
-aristmk6: Various changes: [David Haywood]
* Cleaned up ROM loading.
* Show framebuffer? instead of debug viewer - can see startup text at least.
* Extended ROM area so that the bigger games map properly and pass their checksums.
* Corrected flamolce rom loading.
* Corrected rumbreel rom loading and switch 1x and 2x IC positions, it passes test and is consistent with others now.
-sh4: Began SH4 MMU improvements with a view to seeing what aristmk6 needs, allowed table upload by LDTLB opcode, allowed
experimental MMU test code to be enabled/disabled on a per-driver basis. [David Haywood]
-core: Added delegate support for lambdas and std::functions in general, also supporting const members now. [Miodrag Milanovic]
-aristmk5: Increased ROM window size for incasunu and geisha, fixing graphic CRC check and allowing incasunu to boot.
-core: Added more applicable Catch testing framework and converted all tests to be done properly by guidelines. [Miodrag Milanovic]
* Still needs TESTS=1 to enable build of tests
-osd: Moved UWP asset files to proper place. [Miodrag Milanovic]
-util: Added a simple FIFO template. [Vas Crabb]
-xmlfile: Turned API into something that looks like C++ and allowed use of const data node objects. [Vas Crabb]
-3rdparty: Updated LZMA to 16.04 (security and portability fixes). [Vas Crabb]
-core: Introduced u8/u16/u32/u64/s8/s16/s32/s64 alias types: [Vas Crabb]
* New abbreviated types are in osd and util namespaces, and also in global namespace for things that #include "emu.h"
* Removed the cstdint types from everything in emu.
* Removed U64/S64 macros.
* Fixed a bug in dps16 caused by incorrect use of macro.
* Fixed debugcon not checking for "do " prefix case-insensitively.
* Fixed a lot of messed up tabulation.
* Changed many macros and constants to constexpr.
* Fixed up many __names.
-complay.py: Rewrote to parse/minify layout XML - invalid XML in internal layouts now cause build failures. [Vas Crabb]
-uismall.bdf: Added some typographical characters to, including the hair space used by the internal UI. [Vas Crabb]
-frontend: Encapsulated more of the menu base class to control when layout changes can happen, encapsulated mouse translation
-osd: Fixed key names with -keyboardprovider win32 [Vas Crabb]
-core: Drop invalid input tokens when parsing configuration, fixes uncaught exception error when writing configuration. [Vas Crabb]
-hlsl: Fixed games with off-screen backdrop artworks (e.g. atarifb, bowler). [Jezze]
-sms: Various changes: [Enik Land]
* Set initial audio mixing state on reset.
* Documented the Sports Pad modes (and changed the default) used by Sports Pad Soccer (Jpn).
-n64: Various changes: [Happy]
* Only SP DMA skip for DRAM address, regardless of transfer direction.
* Give priority to current transfer when reading AI length register.
* Add delayed carry signal to AI (hardware bug allows carry signal from low to high to persist through a reload).
-build: Fixed make VERBOSE=1 not showing archive commands for static libraries. [Happy]
-osd: Added new UWP icons/images. [JacKc]
-bionicc: Various changes: [Asayuki]
* Added notes on clock frequencies and video signal timings.
* Converted to raw screen parameters, correcting frame rate and vblank timing.
-jangou: Corrected DIP switches for Jangou Lady. [system11]
-nbmj8891: Corrected DIP switches for Mahjong G-Men '89, Mahjong Vanilla Syndrome and Scandal Mahjong. [system11]
-nbmj9195: Corrected Pretty Sailor 18-kin DIP switches. [system11]
-tmnt: Changed back to 320x224 as per MT04790 discussion. [system11]
-vigilant: Corrected visible screen area (PCB comparison). [system11]
-twincobr: Corrected ROM names for twincobr and twincobru. [system11]
-tumbleb: Corrected Choky Choky OKI crystal, also corrected all games to mono as none use stereo PCBs. [system11]
-kaneko16: Unswapped button mappings for gtmr games so they match the PCB/manual. [system11]
-psikyosh: Corrected all games to mono as all games in this board family are mono. [system11]
-marvland: Tagged as imperfect sound and needing redump of sound ROM. [system11]
* The sound in this version does not match Japan or any of the ports, and sounds like incorrect sounds are being played.
-aleck64: Added vivdolls DIP switches, digital joystick support needs adding, game is switchable. [system11]
-rainbow: Various Rainbow 100 changes: [Bavarese]
* Fixed colors in highres mode and video levels.
* Made a small fix to serial Rx.
* Added support for hard disks with up to 17 sectors/track, as MFM controllers allow this.
* Made port 50 readable (undocumented, yet used).
-upd7220: Fixed division by zero in update_graphics. [Bavarese]
-build: Fixed building on ppc64le and s390x. [Julian Sikorski]
-firebatl: Fixed music tempo. [ShouTime]
-fidel6502: Redumped Par Excellence. [Berger]
-quizpun2: Dumped the 68705 MCU for "Quiz Punch", protected by an epoxy block. [Guru]
-sms_bootleg: Added the missing ROM to the smssgame set. [Astroblaster]
-naomigd: Added unused/unknown security PIC dumps:
* 253-5508-0352E some mahjong game? [mohamad "The Hedgehog" issawi, colour.thief]
* 253-5508-0456J WCCF 2005-2006 Japan [any]
* 253-5508-0506J unknown Chihiro [Android]
-lua: Added ability to show custom menu. [headkaze]
-fds: Detached the other cart lists. [Reagan Roush]
-zorba: Added software list for floppy disks as well as some documentation to the driver file. [Reagan Roush]
-isbc: Added new isbc 286 rom version v1.0. [Al Kossow]
-isbc_208: Added device. [Carl]