I am having the following issues:
- I want to play Odyssey 2 games
And I have the last MAME for Win 64 installed.
I also have the Magnavox Odyssey2 (USA, Europe) BIOS (and the Philips C52/France, not being used). Both files using BIN extension.
This US/EU BIOS was renamed to O2ROM.bin and put inside a odyssey2.zip file.
Then I let this ZIP in ROMS folder from where MAME is located.
I have also added the Odyssey 2 roms, all .BIN files, to MAME ROMS folder.
When I tried to play the games that didn't work. So I had the idea to put one of the roms inside the odyssey2.zip file. In all these three cases the rom was put inside the odyssey2.zip file.
- Killer Bees: it's working with my joystick. Up/Down/Left/Right commands recognized, and the fire button too.
- Popeye (Brazil or Europe): recognizing the D-pad, but when you try to jump the plataform the character dies. Everytime. Here's the thing: when I tried to use that same ROM in the emulator O2M by Daniel Boris, it worked just fine. Meaning the bug only happens in MAME.
- Super Cobra (Brazil): the game is not recognizing a single button from my joystick, only the keyboard.
P.S. The game Turtles (US) is also working with my joystick.
- Q-Bert (Euro), too.
- Buraco Negro (BR) - keyboard only...
- Frogger (BR) has graphic issues in MAME and it's fine in O2M... also not working my gamepad.
And one more thing: when I play any random MAME game such as Mortal Kombat 2, if I press ESC the game closes and I return to MAME configs. This never happens while I played these Odyssey 2 games, so I am forced to use alt + TAB and with the mouse close the window in a clumsy way.
What is going on and what did I do wrong?
Is it possible to add these OD2 games to a separate folder and keep them (each one isolated from the other) in ZIP files?
Edited by Perene (02/27/17 10:35 PM)