MAMEWorld Central >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Flat Mode Flat  

Dendy
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/04/15
Posts: 11
Send PM
Re: MAME4RAGE2 EMULATOR ?
03/30/17 11:22 AM


> You may be right that he's out of touch, but basically what is being said is that
> it's a cheap hack that was already known about, isn't technically impressive at all
> and if someone spent 2 years figuring it out that's pretty bad. More importantly
> though, the thing you and others need to understand about hacks is they are like
> putting in a lie into the code. You say one lie and then you have to keep on coming
> up with more and more lies and remembering all your past lies to keep your story
> going until it implodes. It's like that with some hacks for example, could break
> other games at the expense of making 1 work, then is it good even for non-purists? No
> it's crap and you have to do things the right way.

Except the developer of this particular build never lied about what he did to get it running, in every video detailing on how this was done he mentions that it was a kludge, pieces of the original ZN2 driver had to be pulled out breaking other games etc etc. That's not a lie at all. Second of all if this shortcut was already known about it certainly wasn't known about to the general public or to the guy who spent 2 years making this hack so that's a non-starter isn't it? The majority of people believed it didn't work because the current dump was bad which wasn't true. I get what you mean in doing things the right way so future developments aren't built on a kludge but the point is that people (and I'm including companies in this, since there are more than enough retro compilations using high level emulation or even outright recompilation of the original code therefore not 'accurate' in the very least) don't care about how you get from point A to point B because it's point B they're interested in - actually playing the game.







Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* MAME4RAGE2 EMULATOR ? uVSthem 03/18/17 06:42 AM
. * Re: MAME4RAGE2 EMULATOR ? R. Belmont  03/31/17 03:09 PM
. * Re: MAME4RAGE2 EMULATOR ? Dendy  04/01/17 03:37 AM
. * Re: MAME4RAGE2 EMULATOR ? R. Belmont  04/03/17 05:44 PM
. * Re: MAME4RAGE2 EMULATOR ? SmitdoggAdministrator  03/18/17 06:52 AM
. * Re: MAME4RAGE2 EMULATOR ? MooglyGuy  03/18/17 02:13 PM
. * Re: MAME4RAGE2 EMULATOR ? Dendy  03/30/17 02:04 AM
. * Re: MAME4RAGE2 EMULATOR ? SmitdoggAdministrator  03/30/17 03:21 AM
. * Re: MAME4RAGE2 EMULATOR ? Dendy  03/30/17 11:22 AM
. * Re: MAME4RAGE2 EMULATOR ? SmitdoggAdministrator  03/30/17 03:22 PM
. * Re: MAME4RAGE2 EMULATOR ? Dendy  03/31/17 02:01 PM
. * Re: MAME4RAGE2 EMULATOR ? Haze  03/31/17 02:47 PM
. * Re: MAME4RAGE2 EMULATOR ? John Doe  03/30/17 12:23 PM
. * Re: MAME4RAGE2 EMULATOR ? Haze  03/18/17 05:38 PM

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  redk9258, URherenow, Tafoid 
2 registered and 36 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1580