New die posted!
Thanks to all that have contributed so far!
We've read over feature requests and created a survey. Vote here: https://goo.gl/forms/QP6w2SKwrDXhK0ly2
We can't promising anything, but this will add direction.
Some fun statistics comparing monkey crowdsource result (CS) to Caps0ff (C0) submission:
- sega_315-5571_xpol: CS matches C0 submission
- sega_315-5572_xpol: 8 conflicts, all ruled in favor of CS result (ie this project fixed 8 errors)
- sega_315-5573_xpol: 10 conflicts, all ruled in favor of CS result
- sega_315-5677_xpol: 11 conflicts. 7 ruled in favor of CS result. Other 4 are due to damage on die causing incorrect interpretation. I suspect that C0 fixed up the ROM before submitting (its obvious from the die shot). A final manual inspection would have probably caught this
I wanted to hold off releasing more dies until we could really validate the project was working. I'm pretty happy with the above results and so we've greenlighted more dies to be released.
Above results indicate the C0 submissions are roughly 99.99% accurate. Note: we don't have a C0 submission for all die images. That is, soon we'll be relying on Monkey results only with nothing to compare to.
Other: its great to hear people are interested in the project and are exploring computer vision (CV). However, we please ask users do not submit them into the monkey system as this defeats the purpose of the project. If you have a strong interest in CV, use the "contact us" form and we'll work with you to run some tests. If we didn't get back to you, ping us again now that we've sorted a lot of things out.
Hopefully at some point in the near future we'll do a writeup on the post processing steps and what we learned about user submissions.
Other fun facts:
- One user somehow found that I posted and already typed about 20 entries before I finished writing this
- About 900 registered users
Edited by IDrinkHF (08/05/17 06:59 AM)