MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Flat Mode Flat  

FennecTheFox
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/28/18
Posts: 9
Send PM
Re: Random Emulation Questions - Names/SWL/Systems/MAME
03/14/18 03:38 AM


> > Is Goodxxx popular?
> > So then, you'd probably want to get rid of roms with "o" and "b" in them? Because
> > there's something wrong with them? And go for roms with "!" and if you don't want
> > hacks then also replace roms with "h" in them. Any other bad letters I should be
> wary
> > of?
>
> Good sets aren't popular nor common like before. However they're worth it if you're
> looking for game translations [T-xxx], public domain homebrew (PD) and unlicensed
> titles (Unl). The tool was meant to identify overdumps [ o ] and bad dumps [ b ],
> however instead of discouraging their collections people used that information to
> collect everything. Hacked ROMs [ h ] are a bit interesting because while some only
> showed warez group intros, some others had trainers that allowed you cheat in times
> emulators didn't have cheat features. Kind of worthless in current times except for
> the historical and nostalgic value.
>
> If you are looking for only verified dumps and you don't want homebrew software or
> fan translations no-intro collections are a best alternative for you.

OK, thanks, that's good to know.

When you say "game translations" I assume you're referring to games like Secret of Mana 2/Seiken Densetsu 3 which was only released in Japan but translated to English?
So [ t1 ] would mean translation attempt #1?
A game with [ b1 ] may not play all the way through because It's a bad dump? And I shouldn't bother with [ o ] either?
Yeah, I was reading about No-Intro a few days ago, but I was curious as to why Neo-Geo AES isn't included as part of No-Intro since It's a console.







Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Random Emulation Questions - Names/SWL/Systems/MAME FennecTheFox 03/09/18 09:59 PM
. * Re: Random Emulation Questions - Names/SWL/Systems/MAME John Doe  03/13/18 10:34 AM
. * Re: Random Emulation Questions - Names/SWL/Systems/MAME BIOS-D  03/13/18 08:20 AM
. * Re: Random Emulation Questions - Names/SWL/Systems/MAME FennecTheFox  03/13/18 05:07 PM
. * Re: Random Emulation Questions - Names/SWL/Systems/MAME BIOS-D  03/13/18 06:26 PM
. * Re: Random Emulation Questions - Names/SWL/Systems/MAME FennecTheFox  03/14/18 03:38 AM
. * Re: Random Emulation Questions - Names/SWL/Systems/MAME BIOS-D  03/14/18 06:08 AM
. * Re: Random Emulation Questions - Names/SWL/Systems/MAME Haze  03/13/18 06:28 PM
. * Re: Random Emulation Questions - Names/SWL/Systems/MAME R. Belmont  03/11/18 10:58 PM
. * Re: Random Emulation Questions - Names/SWL/Systems/MAME FennecTheFox  03/12/18 06:24 PM
. * Re: Random Emulation Questions - Names/SWL/Systems/MAME R. Belmont  03/13/18 04:49 PM

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  redk9258, URherenow, Tafoid 
0 registered and 43 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 416