I'll take a look at the image bk color, thanks.
The other one, I think I need to change make some changes. After all the modifications concerning bios ROMs and device ROMs, I neglected the Misc Settings filters.
The set you selected does have one ROM, but is a device ROM (no game ROMs). This case should be handled in the "Device" drop-down setting
This is how the Game ROMs setting works:
- "Game with ROMs (any sets)": all sets (game set, device set, bios set) that have at least one ROM or one CHD, no matter if it's a game ROM/CHD, device ROM/CHD or bios ROM/CHD.
- "Game with no ROMs": no ROMs/CHDs for the set. This was added mostly for device sets that do not have ROMs. Atari 2600 set (a2600) is also included, since it doesn't have ROMs but it's a MESS machine, not a game or a device.
- "Games With No Main Set": sets that doesn't have game ROMs but do have either a device ROM or a bios ROM or a CHD file
I see how these settings can be confusing. In your case, the option you want is "Games With no Main Set".
Note that "Device" drop-down list setting is for game sets with device ROMs and device sets.
Setting "BIOS" drop-down list is the same as above, but for bios ROMs / bios sets.
I think they should be renamed to "Device ROMs" and "BIOS ROMs".
The setting "Game ROMs" should handle game sets exclusively... right ? (exclude device/bios sets or games with device/bios ROMs/CHDs)
Then, their options should be:
- Show All
- Sets With Game ROMs
- Sets With No Game ROMs
... nothing else. the "Games With No Main Set" option should be removed from the list.
Talking about non-game MAME machines like "Atari 2600" (a2600), I think a new drop-down filter could be create called "Console/Computer MAME Machines". This new filter will require AntoPISA's "mess.ini" so Emu Loader can properly tag those sets as MAME machine... since they are not game sets. (or maybe named "Non-Game MAME Machines") ?
- Show All
- Show MAME Machines With ROMs
- Show MAME Machines With No ROMs
Any comments and suggestions on how to fix/improve the "Game ROMs" filter is appreciated.
Ciro Alfredo Consentino
EmuCon Home: http://emuloader.mameworld.info/emucon
MCM Plus: http://mcm.mameworld.info
Edited by CiroConsentino (03/19/18 02:13 PM)