> Microsoft Corp. has agreed to acquire GitHub Inc., the code repository company
> popular with many software developers.
Although there's no details, there's all the things that Microsoft "could" possibly do....
- Force you to use microsoft logins instead of github ones, thus giving them more information as to who you are and what you do, and via LinkedIn, your real details.
- Quietly bring new terms of service preventing developers of certain windows tools (if they exist) from using the service.... or worse.
- Decide to take ownership of projects that interest them, like it or not.
- Impose unrealistic restrictions on project size or other parameters
- Bring in more ways to force a paid model (after all I bet this acquisition wasn't for peanuts)
- and so on...
Or maybe they'll be real nice about it and let things continue as they are... who knows?