Hello to all, I want to inform you that on my site I added some new pages:
• Since I haven't found anything similar, or at least not updated, on the web, I decided to dedicate an exclusive page to my package, already published for some years, CHD-Info. In it you will find the dat (in xml format) relating to all the CHD supported by MAME, a dat that shows the differences between the last two releases and a file (CHD-Info.txt) with all the detailed information. From the pages you can download the latest available package. Moreover, thanks to the precious and indispensable help of my friend motoschifo...
It’s time for MAME 0.218, the first MAME release of 2020! We’ve added a couple of very interesting alternate versions of systems this month. One is a location test version of NMK’s GunNail, with different stage order, wider player shot patterns, a larger player hitbox, and lots of other differences from the final release. The other is The Last Apostle Puppetshow, an incredibly rare export version of Home Data’s Reikai Doushi. Also significant is a newer version Valadon Automation’s Super Bagman. There’s been enough progress made on Konami’s medal games for a number of them to be considered working, including Buttobi Striker, Dam Dam Boy, Korokoro Pensuke, Shuriken Boy and Yu-Gi-Oh Monster Capsule. Don’t expect too much in terms of gameplay though — they’re essentially gambling games for children.
There are several major computer emulation advances in this release, in completely different areas. Possibly most exciting is the ability to install and run Windows NT on the MIPS Magnum R4000 “Jazz” workstation, with working networking. With the assistance of Ash Wolf, MAME now emulates the Psion Series 5mx PDA. Psion’s EPOC32 operating system is the direct ancestor of the Symbian operating system, that powered a generation of smartphones. IDE and SCSI hard disk support for Acorn 8-bit systems has been added, the latter being one of the components of the BBC Domesday Project system. In PC emulation, Windows 3.1 is now usable with S3 ViRGE accelerated 2D video drivers. F.Ulivi has contributed microcode-level emulation of the iSBC-202 floppy controller for the Intel Intellec MDS-II system, adding 8" floppy disk support.
Of course there are plenty of other improvements and additions, including re-dumps of all the incorrectly dumped GameKing cartridges, disassemblers for PACE, WE32100 and “RipFire” 88000, better Geneve 9640 emulation, and plenty of working software list additions. You can get the source and 64-bit Windows binary packages from the download page (note that 32-bit Windows binaries and “zip-in-zip” source code are no longer supplied).
MAME Testers Bugs Fixed
04300: [DIP/Input] (cliffhgr.cpp) cliffhgr, cliffhnga: DIP switch values are reversed for “Short Scenes”. (italiandoh)
06897: [Graphics] (stfight.cpp) empcity: Red screen during scene transitions. (sasuke)
07336: [Sound] (intv.cpp) intv, intvoice [b17bomb]: No speech in Mattel Intellivision games. [iwilliamson]
07516: [Crash/Freeze] (twins.cpp) twins, twinsed2: Games lock up or reset after level 1-5. (Angelo Salese)
07530: [Crash/Freeze] (apollo.cpp) dn3000, dn3500, dn5500: Resetting via typing RE crashes the emulator. (Ivan Vangelista)
07531: [Crash/Freeze] (pong.cpp) breakout: MAME crashes with exception with -video bgfx. (Couriersud)
07533: [Graphics] (bnstars.cpp) bnstars1: Broken sprites and missing graphics. (cam900)
07534: [Timing] (apple2e.cpp) apple2ee: Time advances too quickly when using Thunderclock. (R. Belmont)
07554: [Graphics] (m68705prg.cpp) All machines in m68705prg.cpp no longer show LED values (default 000) when booting. (hap)
New working machines
The Apprentice (Senario, Plug and Play) [Sean Riddle, David Haywood]
Big Bonus Slots (Senario, Plug and Play) [Sead Riddle, David Haywood]
Conny PDC100 - Pocket Dream Console [Sean Riddle, David Haywood]
Cosmo Girl (Senario, Plug and Play) [Sean Riddle, David Haywood]
Takara / SSD Company LTD / newgent e-kara (Spain, includes 3 songs) [Sean Riddle, ClawGrip]
VS Computer Mahjong [ShouTime]
Wild Cat 3 (CMV4 hardware) [Ioannis Bampoulas]
ZIDA 4DVS [rfka01]
New working software list additions
apple2_flop_clcracked: Air Navigation Trainer (cleanly cracked), Barron's Computer SAT Study Program (Version 1.0) (cleanly cracked), The Boy Jesus (cleanly cracked), Diascriptive Reading I (cleanly cracked), Green Globs and Graphing Equations (cleanly cracked), In Search of the Most Amazing Thing (First Revision) (cleanly cracked), Instant Recall (Version 1.1) (cleanly cracked), Magic Mailer (Version 1.1) (cleanly cracked), MicroChess (Version 2.0) (cleanly cracked), Mind Over Minors (cleanly cracked), The Spy's Adventures in North America (Version 1987-10-31) (cleanly cracked), Temple of Apshai (cleanly cracked), What's My Logic? (Version 1.0) (cleanly cracked), Wiziprint (Version 2.01) (cleanly cracked) [4am, Firehawke] Adventure Creator (cleanly cracked), Construct-A-Word II (cleanly cracked), Life Science (cleanly cracked), MIDI/4 (Revision 5) (cleanly cracked), The Quarter Mile (Version 4.0) (800K 3.5") (cleanly cracked) [4am, san, Firehawke]
apple2_flop_orig: The Abyssal Zone, Adventure, Adventure Construction Set, Alien Typhoon, The Alpine Encounter, Amazon, Amnesia, The Ancient Art of War, Arthur: The Quest for Excalibur, The Bard's Tale, Borg, The Breckenridge Caper of 1798, Chess (Odesta) (Version 7.0), Crown of Arthain, Cuban Fantasy, The Dark Heart of Uukrul, Dave Winfield's Batter Up!, Diamond Mine, Dinosaur Days Plus!, Drug Alert!, Dunjonquest: Hellfire Warrior (Version 1), Dunjonquest: Hellfire Warrior (Version 2), Dunjonquest: Hellfire Warrior (Version 3), Dunjonquest: The Temple of Apshai (Revision 1), Dunjonquest: The Temple of Apshai (Revision 2), Dunjonquest: The Temple of Apshai (Revision 3), Dunjonquest: The Temple of Apshai (Revision 4), Earth Orbit Stations, Ecology Simulations II, Galactic Attack, Gears, Gold Rush! (Version 1.0M), Green Globs and Graphing Equations, Horizon V, The Hunt for Red October, In Search of the Most Amazing Thing, Interpreting Graphs, Into The Eagle's Nest, Journey (version 16), King's Bounty, Koronis Rift, Lords of Karma, Neuromancer, New World, Nord and Bert Couldn't Make Head or Tail of It (Release 19 / 870722), Now You See It, Now You Don't - Was it there? Was it missing?, Portal, Quest for the Scarlet Letter, Questprobe featuring The Hulk (Version 2.3/127), Rambo: First Blood Part II, Shogun, Southern Command, Space Quest: The Sarien Encounter, Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator, SwordThrust, Tangled Tales, Thrilogy, Wizardry II: The Knight of Diamonds (Version PV3S2V1/10-MAR-82), Wizardry IV: The Return of Werdna, Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord (Version 2.1), Wiziprint (Version 2.1), Xyphus, Zork Zero [4am, Firehawke]
bbcb_flop: AMX Stop Press, BBC-Z88 Transfer Link, Beeb OPL: AdLib Christmas Carols, Beeb OPL: AdLib Classical Favourites #1, Beeb OPL: AdLib Jukebox, Beeb OPL: AdLib Jukebox Bonus Disc, Beeb OPL: AdLib Pop/Rock Grooves, Beeb OPL: Brix, Beeb OPL: Droplay, Beeb OPL: DynaBlaster, Beeb OPL: Jill of the Jungle, Beeb OPL: KiloBlaster, Beeb OPL: Solar Winds, Beeb OPL: Wacky Wheels, Beeb OPL: Xargon, Beeb OPL: Zone 66, BeebSID 19 - Classical, Chauffeur, Christmas Crackers, Enigma, EV1 Camera Interface, Harston ADFS System Disk 6.10, Icon Art Master, The Krystal Connection, MagScan - The Beebug Bibliography Disc v1.31, MEDL Tracker Ball Utilities, Mountain Panic, MR4200 32K RAM Board, Paranoid, UTILRAM: The Utility RAM, Video Camera Interface, VideoNuLA Support Disc, The Wapping Editor Utilities 1.21, The Wapping Editor Utilities 1.30, White Light, Zap! [Nigel Barnes]
c64_cass: BMX Racers (set 4, Visiload loaders), The CF Power Pack Tape 5, Hero of the Golden Talisman, Match Point (set 2), Mermaid Madness, On Court Tennis, On Field Football, Outlaws, Rad Ramp Racer, Run the Gauntlet, Short Circuit, Skate Rock Simulator, Space Hunter, Spellbound, Sweep, Talladega, Yogi's Great Escape (set 2) [FakeShemp] Hole In One [FakeShemp, c64tapes.org]
fmtowns_cd: Emit Vol. 3 - Watashi ni Sayonara o, The New Zealand Story (HMA-213) [redump.org, r09] Shooting Towns [rockleevk, r09]
gameking: 4 in 1 - SeaGuard + Whirlybird + Spectask + Captain (set 2), 4 in 1 - Three Battles + Light Sword + Risker + Metal Deform (1MB cartridge), 4 in 1 Vol. 10 - Soldier + Seatercel + General + Seafight (1MB cartridge) [TeamEurope, SSJ]
gmaster: Finite Zone [SSJ, Maxime Cohin, PeT]
ibm5150: UCSD p-System [Davide Cavalca] Apogee Software Bonus Disk (Jumpman Lives!, Commander Keen in Invasion of the Vorticons) [Justin Kerk]
ibm5170: Goal!, Street Fighter II [ArcadeShadow]
jupace_cass: Forth Surround, Superchess II [Robbbert]
jupace_snap: Casse Briques, Champs De Mines, Millipede, Pacman, Valkyr [Robbbert]
megadriv: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (World, prototype 19920821), Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (World, prototype 19920914) [drx, FakeShemp]
n64: 007 - The World Is Not Enough (prototype, version 21) [Paulweeze71, FakeShemp]
snes: Missile Command (prototype 19970210) [Baker64, FakeShemp] Earthworm Jim (USA, prototype 19940819) [Radar, FakeShemp] Arcana (USA, prototype), Super Nova (prototype) [Togemet2, FakeShemp]
svision: Cross High (Euro, USA) [anonymous]
Software list items promoted to working
gameking: 4 in 1 - AirWar + DeadShot + Challenge + Speedboat, 4 in 1 - CS-I + Soldier + Sea War + Thunderbird, 4 in 1 - Elfin + Chariot + Searcher + Peace Havass, 4 in 1 - Farer + Sortie + PhantomFighter + SeaBed War, 4 in 1 - Manhunt + Bobby + Tantivy + Racing Car, 4 in 1 - Nagual + Revenger + Terminator + Black Jack, 4 in 1 - Nobody + Bad Boy + Air Wrestle + MotherLove, 4 in 1 - TrojanLegend (Trojan) + HappyBall + Supermotor (Motor) + Lanneret (Hawk), 4 in 1 - Warrior + Cleverhawk + Valiant + MetalDeform (1MB cartridge), 4 in 1 Vol. 9 - Duckman + Ares + HappyKiller + Cycloneact [TeamEurope, SSJ]
jupace_cass: 3D Maze, Ace Avoider, Ace Invaders (Forth Dimension), Ace Invaders (Hi-Tech Microsoft), Ace Manual Code Examples - Chapter 11 (mice), Ace Mines, Ace Star, Acevaders, Adventure A - Planet of Death, Alien Defender, Amazing Maze, Astrian Descent (Prototype), Atic Raid, Black Island Adventure, Bomber, Breakout, Callisto, Cavern Attack, Centipede, Chase, Chess, Dodge the Munch (Prototype), Duckshoot, Firebird, Frogger (Boldfield Computing), Fungle Monsters (Prototype), Gobbledegook, Green X Frog, Guessing Game, Krazy Kong (Prototype), Light Racer (Prototype), Memory Stars, Meteor, Meteor Racer, Meteors (Prototype), Micro Maze, Minefield, Othello, Owler, Quick-Draw (Prototype), Quick-Draw Practice (Prototype), Robohench (Prototype), Robohunt (Prototype), Sallors' Hornpipe, Sam and the Time Bombs (Prototype), SokoACE, SokoACE Map Editor, Space Battle, Star Trek, Sudoku, Tank Battle (Prototype), Tetris, Towers of Hanoi, Turbo (Prototype), Zapem, Zombies and Potholes [Robbbert]
casloopy: Little Romance, Video Seal Wordprocessor [SSJ, TeamEurope]
gmaster: Space Warrior [SSJ, Maxime Cohin, PeT]
iqunlim_cart: Englisch für Anfänger [TeamEurope]
pi_storyreader_cart: Toy Story 2 [Sean Riddle, ClawGrip]
pi_storyreader_v2_cart: Toy Story 2 [Sean Riddle, ClawGrip]
sega_beena_cart: Kazoku Minna no Nouryoku Trainer, Meet Bub-Bub to Eigo Tanken, Oshare Majo Love and Berry-Cute ni Oshare, Oshare ni Henshin HeartCatch PreCure!, Pocket Monsters Best Wishes! Chinou Ikusei Pokémon Daiundoukai [TeamEurope]
telestory_cart: La Cenicienta - Bellezas en Flor / Cinderella - Beauties in Bloom (Spain), El Rey León II - El orgullo de Simba / The Lion King II - Simba's Pride (Spain), Winnie the Pooh - Salta, Tigger, Salta / Winnie the Pooh - Bounce, Tigger, Bounce (Spain) [Sean Riddle, ClawGrip]
vbaby_cart: El Jardín de los Sueńos... (Spain) [Sean Riddle, ClawGrip]
• bus/ss50/dc5.cpp: Added configuration option to force ready when motor is enabled. [68bit] * Allows SWTBUG to boot without patching the ROM to ignore the ready status.
• formats/ap2_dsk.cpp: Don’t use symbolic names in the options specification, as the values are used as preprocessor tokens. [68bit]
• cpu/t11: Changed disassembler and register display to use octal number format, and fixed disassembly of SOB instruction. [AJR]
• cpu/v60: Sign-extend displacements for various addressing modes and DB/TB instructions. [AJR, Tahg]
• Added disassembler and preliminary emulation for National Semiconductor PACE CPU architecture. [AJR]
• Added disassembler AT&T WE32100 CPU architecture. [AJR]
• render/bgfx: Fixed incorrect swapping of red and blue components of screen tint. [AJR]
• machine/mc68901.cpp: Re-wrote USART emulation. [AJR] * Added support for 16× clock pre-scaler and data transition synchronization. * Implemented break generation and detection, internal loop-back, and synchronous mode. * Adjusted clocks in harriet.cpp and machine/x68k_kbd.cpp to to match MFP-generated Baud rates. * Serial terminal for tti (tti.cpp) actually works now.
• indiana.cpp: Replaced ASCII keyboard with AT-style keyboard (doesn’t completely work). [AJR] * Also documented some clocks and interrupts.
• vt100.cpp: Merged video emulation with DEC Rainbow, implementing AVO attributes. [AJR]
• cpu/rx01: Added disassembler and preliminary CPU device for DEC RX01 custom firmware architecture. [AJR]
• cpu/vt50: Implemented character drawing, and added notes about processor architecture. [AJR]
• input_sdl.cpp: Process control characters so the natural keyboard can see them (SDL normally strips these out). [AJR]
• natkeyboard.cpp: Don’t strip linefeed characters (Ctrl-J) from natural keyboard input except when pasting strings. [AJR]
• tv912.cpp.cpp input updates: [AJR] * Improved natural keyboard bindings for backspace and forward delete on tv912b. * Made Ctrl-K and Ctrl-L work with natural keyboard on tv912b tv912c.
• Add preliminary DEC VT61/VT62 microcode disassembler and skeleton CPU device. [AJR]
• s2650: Changed to big-endian. [AJR]
• gigatron.cpp: Hooked up ROM and skeleton CPU device. [AJR]
• cpu/gigatron: Added disassembler. [AJR]
• unidasm: Handle word endianness for address-shifted architectures correctly and safely. [AJR]
• Added disassemblers for Motorola MC88100 and MC88110 RISC CPUs. [AJR]
• toki_ms.cpp: Added some meat, confirming it’s similar to tokib. [Angelo Salese]
• twins.cpp updates: [Angelo Salese] * Refactored driver code and split into multiple state classes. * Added default non-volatile RAM contents for all games. * Worked around crash after stages 1-5 in twins and twinsed2.
• psion5.cpp: Added Psion Series 5mx personal digital assistant driver. [Ash Wolf, Ryan Holtz] * Added logging for system-on-a-chip peripheral accesses based on WindEmu. * Added support for timers, keyboard, touch screen and buzzer/ticker. * Implemented HALT register, improving performance.
• bus/isa/s3virge.cpp: Started implementing bit-blit operations, making Windows 3.1 usable with ViRGE drivers. [Barry Rodewald]
• pgm.cpp: Corrected ROM region widths, corrected sprite pixel extraction algorithm, and cleaned up code. [cam900]
• taitogn.cpp: Reduced redundant code by refactoring to share base class with Capcom ZN2. [cam900]
• c6280.cpp: Updated to more closely emulate behavior described in manual, cleaned up code, and updated notes. [cam900]
• machine/vrender0.cpp: Improved sound emulation, updated notes, and cleaned up code. [cam900] * Fixed sample start position, partially implemented envelopes and interrupts, and made wave memory access use an address map. * Improved sample rate calculation and support for dynamic sample rate changes.
• fmtowns.cpp: Updated notes on sound chips used. [cam900]
• model2.cpp: Changed manufacturer for Dead or Alive to the developer Tecmo. [cam900]
• system1.cpp: Fixed Sega System 1 color handling, improved ROM region names, and cleaned up code. [cam900] * Converted PROM-based palette handling to use indirect entries, fixed bitmap clear behavior, and reduced runtime tag map lookups.
• sound/2612intf.cpp: Added YMF276 variant, and fixed output resolution. [cam900]
• sound/fm2612.cpp: Added support for different output resolutions. [cam900]
• megadriv.cpp: Added handheld variants, and added machine configuration for variants with YM3438 integrated in ASIC. [cam900]
• kaneko_spr.cpp: Fixed priorities when sprite persistence is enabled, and split sprite drawing from mixing. [cam900]
• kaneko16.cpp: Fixed sprite delay, corrected explbrkr sound ROM banking, and updated notes. [cam900]
• sound/huc6230.cpp: Fixed ADPCM playback rate, reduced ADPCM volume, cleaned up code, and updated notes. [cam900]
• sound/huc6272.cpp: Fixed ADPCM playback rate and updated notes. [cam900]
• Netlist library updates: [Couriersud] * Added netlist library version number to code, and used it to invalidate save states if library version changes. * Ensure diodes step by enough to alter the matrix. * Increased time resolution to 100 picoseconds and improved synchronization with MAME icount. * Added CD4006, CD4070 and TL084 devices. * Added proxy support for clock.
• video/fixfreq.cpp: Added adjusters to aid in development and debugging. [Couriersud]
• netlist: Worked around MSVC bug in expansion of variadic macro arguments. [Couriersud, Firewave]
• atarittl.cpp: Hooked up fixed-frequency monitor for stuntcyc. [Couriersud]
• galaxian.cpp: Converted Konami audio filters to use netlist. [Couriersud]
• segas16b.cpp: Added analog audio filters to systems with YM2151 and µPD7759. [Couriersud]
• sunplus_gcm394.cpp updates: [David Haywood] * Show startup screens and respond to inputs in jak_gtg and jak_car2. * Fixed jak_car2 bitmap test display in service mode.
• xavix.cpp: Converted to direct RGB video output to allow support mid-screen palette changes. [David Haywood]
• pockchalw.xml: Changed chukkesr to use correct dump (previously used a duplicate from a different set). [David Haywood]
• vii.cpp: Added hacks to zon32bit and mywicodx to select correct banks for all games. [David Haywood]
• Split up the unwieldy vii.cpp into multiple source files. [David Haywood]
• plugins/hiscore: Made read_config function more robust. [eadmaster]
• konmedal.cpp updates: [MetalliC] * Added hopper, non-volatile RAM and timing/interrupt controller. * Decoded graphics tiles for GX-based games and added per-game palette offsets. * Added µPD7759 sound output. * Added hack to fix mariourou scrolling, and documented observed row/column scroll issues for K052109 tilemaps.
• geneve.cpp: Implemented lower-level emulation of the Geneve architecture (Gate Array, PAL and Genmod daughterboard). [Michael Zapf] * Also added RESET line to I/O port and peripheral box, and made Genmod card modifications a configuration option.
• ti99_2.cpp, ti99_8.cpp: Improved Hexbus handling, and fixed instability when loading from/saving to Hexbus floppies. [Michael Zapf]
• ti99: Block invalid accesses to VDP like writing on read address – fixes Ambulance game. [Michael Zapf]
• render/d3d: Allow -attach_window to work with non-root windows. [Nathan Woods]
• formats/acorn_dsk.cpp: Added support for HADFS floppy images. [Nigel Barnes]
• bus/bbc/1mhzbus updates: [Nigel Barnes] * Added BeebOPL FM Synthesiser. * Added Sprow BeebIDE 16-bit and RetroClinic BBC 8-bit IDE interfaces. * Added Acorn Winchester Disc.
• bbc.cpp: Added bbcm FinMOS 3.29 BIOS option (pre-release of MOS 3.50). [Nigel Barnes]