MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Posts: 705
Send PM


question about connecting my pc to a cab monitor
#232409 - 09/07/10 05:19 PM


i have a geforce 8800,and i'm trying to connecting the pc to the cab's monitor to use in mame.now the video card doesn't support any interlaced resolution at 15 or 30 khz,except 1920 x something,which obivosuly the monitos doesn't support,and shows off as a bucnh of lines that should represent my desktop.i unoklugged said video card and used an ati radeon saphhire.now wit this one,i have a 720 .480 interlaced at 25 hkz,and yahoo,it works,but everytime i try to run a game,it sayd unable to load direct3d.which is obviusoly mental,as if i choose to play the same game with my normal pc(still withthe ati card)it loads fine.anyway,i tried directdraw,and finally the game starts,but the screen is TOO big,i can only se a portion of it,and whatever resolution i choose for it on the options,it still shows as a gigantic thing.any help about it,or how to use 30 khz freq with the gefroce?already tried soft15khz,no avail



italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Posts: 15235
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM


Monitor type? <>Nt new [Re: Solstar]
#232662 - 09/09/10 05:39 AM


> i have a geforce 8800,and i'm trying to connecting the pc to the cab's monitor to use
> in mame.now the video card doesn't support any interlaced resolution at 15 or 30
> khz,except 1920 x something,which obivosuly the monitos doesn't support,and shows off
> as a bucnh of lines that should represent my desktop.i unoklugged said video card and
> used an ati radeon saphhire.now wit this one,i have a 720 .480 interlaced at 25
> hkz,and yahoo,it works,but everytime i try to run a game,it sayd unable to load
> direct3d.which is obviusoly mental,as if i choose to play the same game with my
> normal pc(still withthe ati card)it loads fine.anyway,i tried directdraw,and finally
> the game starts,but the screen is TOO big,i can only se a portion of it,and whatever
> resolution i choose for it on the options,it still shows as a gigantic thing.any help
> about it,or how to use 30 khz freq with the gefroce?already tried soft15khz,no avail



Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Posts: 705
Send PM


Re: Monitor type? <>Nt new [Re: italie]
#232685 - 09/09/10 11:57 AM


> > i have a geforce 8800,and i'm trying to connecting the pc to the cab's monitor to
> use
> > in mame.now the video card doesn't support any interlaced resolution at 15 or 30
> > khz,except 1920 x something,which obivosuly the monitos doesn't support,and shows
> off
> > as a bucnh of lines that should represent my desktop.i unoklugged said video card
> and
> > used an ati radeon saphhire.now wit this one,i have a 720 .480 interlaced at 25
> > hkz,and yahoo,it works,but everytime i try to run a game,it sayd unable to load
> > direct3d.which is obviusoly mental,as if i choose to play the same game with my
> > normal pc(still withthe ati card)it loads fine.anyway,i tried directdraw,and
> finally
> > the game starts,but the screen is TOO big,i can only se a portion of it,and
> whatever
> > resolution i choose for it on the options,it still shows as a gigantic thing.any
> help
> > about it,or how to use 30 khz freq with the gefroce?already tried soft15khz,no
> avail

i'l check later today,the cabinet is a virtua striker 2 99 edition,the model 3 one,not the naomi one



Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Posts: 705
Send PM


Re: Monitor type? <>Nt new [Re: Solstar]
#234057 - 09/21/10 12:29 AM


here's a video of the annoying issue i'm having lately

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5eqfvaEdcU&feature=player_embedded

the monitor is ran throug hby tha tgigatnic black box,and i can only see the top of the win xp dektop,and the bottom,althoguh its in a green glowing color.now,its a matter of luck.yes luck,sometimes the monitor laods up perfectly,i mean color.wise perfectly,teh size is still compeltely fucked up,while therest of times its just liek that.i set the jpac on 15hz,as well the soft 15 to 15khz.any help?



italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Posts: 15235
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM


FFFFfffbbbbbrrrthhhp....here we go again.... new [Re: Solstar]
#234087 - 09/21/10 04:14 AM


1...Monitor type? Just because it's an old question at this point doesn't invalidate it's importance.

2. I couldn't understand half of what you wrote below. My grammar can run amok sometimes too, but damn man........


> here's a video of the annoying issue i'm having lately
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5eqfvaEdcU&feature=player_embedded
>
> the monitor is ran throug hby tha tgigatnic black box,and i can only see the top of
> the win xp dektop,and the bottom,althoguh its in a green glowing color.now,its a
> matter of luck.yes luck,sometimes the monitor laods up perfectly,i mean color.wise
> perfectly,teh size is still compeltely fucked up,while therest of times its just liek
> that.i set the jpac on 15hz,as well the soft 15 to 15khz.any help?



Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Posts: 705
Send PM


Re: FFFFfffbbbbbrrrthhhp....here we go again.... new [Re: italie]
#234122 - 09/21/10 12:37 PM


> 1...Monitor type? Just because it's an old question at this point doesn't invalidate
> it's importance.
>
> 2. I couldn't understand half of what you wrote below. My grammar can run amok
> sometimes too, but damn man........
>
>
> > here's a video of the annoying issue i'm having lately
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5eqfvaEdcU&feature=player_embedded
> >
> > the monitor is ran throug hby tha tgigatnic black box,and i can only see the top of
> > the win xp dektop,and the bottom,althoguh its in a green glowing color.now,its a
> > matter of luck.yes luck,sometimes the monitor laods up perfectly,i mean color.wise
> > perfectly,teh size is still compeltely fucked up,while therest of times its just
> liek
> > that.i set the jpac on 15hz,as well the soft 15 to 15khz.any help?

i searched everywhere on it,i can't find the brand of the monitor.you can look around the net and see if they mount a precise brand on all virtua striker 2 cabinets.the question was this anyway:the monitor works fine with its jamma game.the problem arise when i connect it to the pc.i'm using an ati radeon x100,and 6.5 catalyst drivers.i connect the whole jamma to the j-pac,set the jumper to15 hz,(the monitor is dual frequency,but a lot of peopole suggested me to set it that way),installed soft 15hz,and set install the 15hz mode (from soft15khz).now,when i turn it on,half of the times i see that black line\box running through the screen.so as you can see from the video,the only "good" part i can see,its only the upper part of the desktop.then there's the lower part but its a glowing neon color...

In those rare occasions that this black line doesn't show up,i can see just a little blurring,but movingthe hfreq knob on the monitor controllers,solve this issue.the other issue though is that the screen is enormous,no matter whichresolution i choose from display settings,or from MAME itself.if you look in my youtube channel,i posted a video of gauntlet in attract mode,and you'll see there that the letters and stuff are gigantic,no matter what options i tinker within mame(aspect ratio,resolution,triple buffering etc)the screen will always be that big.hope its clearer now



italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Posts: 15235
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM


Re: FFFFfffbbbbbrrrthhhp....here we go again.... new [Re: Solstar]
#234170 - 09/21/10 08:15 PM



> i searched everywhere on it,i can't find the brand of the monitor.

You are telling me that there are ZERO numbers of any kind printed on the chassis, PCB, or otherwise?

You can't take photograph of it?

You can't describe any portion if it? (Size, coloring, the way it mounts, does it have a satellite board, etc)

> you can look around
> the net and see if they mount a precise brand on all virtua striker 2 cabinets.

Not how it works, and not my job. If it was as simple as a google why haven't you done it?


>the
> question was this anyway:the monitor works fine with its jamma game.the problem arise
> when i connect it to the pc.i'm using an ati radeon x100,and 6.5 catalyst drivers.i
> connect the whole jamma to the j-pac,set the jumper to15 hz,(the monitor is dual
> frequency,but a lot of peopole suggested me to set it that way),installed soft
> 15hz,and set install the 15hz mode (from soft15khz).now,when i turn it on,half of the
> times i see that black line\box running through the screen.so as you can see from the
> video,the only "good" part i can see,its only the upper part of the desktop.then
> there's the lower part but its a glowing neon color...

Does the monitor automatically adjust frequency, or is there a jumper to set manually? What two frequencies does it handle? 15Khz anf 24Khz? 15Khz and 37Khz? 24Khz and 37Khz?

> In those rare occasions that this black line doesn't show up,i can see just a little
> blurring,but movingthe hfreq knob on the monitor controllers,solve this issue.the
> other issue though is that the screen is enormous,no matter whichresolution i choose
> from display settings,or from MAME itself.if you look in my youtube channel,i posted
> a video of gauntlet in attract mode,and you'll see there that the letters and stuff
> are gigantic,no matter what options i tinker within mame(aspect
> ratio,resolution,triple buffering etc)the screen will always be that big.hope its
> clearer now

I'm not digging through your youtube videos for a specific one. Honestly Youtube videos are just about useless. Please take pictures and post them if you need help with a specific issue.



Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Posts: 705
Send PM


Re: FFFFfffbbbbbrrrthhhp....here we go again.... new [Re: italie]
#234173 - 09/21/10 08:40 PM


> > i searched everywhere on it,i can't find the brand of the monitor.
>
> You are telling me that there are ZERO numbers of any kind printed on the chassis,
> PCB, or otherwise?
>
> You can't take photograph of it?
>
> You can't describe any portion if it? (Size, coloring, the way it mounts, does it
> have a satellite board, etc)
>
> > you can look around
> > the net and see if they mount a precise brand on all virtua striker 2 cabinets.
>
> Not how it works, and not my job. If it was as simple as a google why haven't you
> done it?
>
>
> > the
> > question was this anyway:the monitor works fine with its jamma game.the problem
> arise
> > when i connect it to the pc.i'm using an ati radeon x100,and 6.5 catalyst drivers.i
> > connect the whole jamma to the j-pac,set the jumper to15 hz,(the monitor is dual
> > frequency,but a lot of peopole suggested me to set it that way),installed soft
> > 15hz,and set install the 15hz mode (from soft15khz).now,when i turn it on,half of
> the
> > times i see that black line\box running through the screen.so as you can see from
> the
> > video,the only "good" part i can see,its only the upper part of the desktop.then
> > there's the lower part but its a glowing neon color...
>
> Does the monitor automatically adjust frequency, or is there a jumper to set
> manually? What two frequencies does it handle? 15Khz anf 24Khz? 15Khz and 37Khz?
> 24Khz and 37Khz?
>
> > In those rare occasions that this black line doesn't show up,i can see just a
> little
> > blurring,but movingthe hfreq knob on the monitor controllers,solve this issue.the
> > other issue though is that the screen is enormous,no matter whichresolution i
> choose
> > from display settings,or from MAME itself.if you look in my youtube channel,i
> posted
> > a video of gauntlet in attract mode,and you'll see there that the letters and stuff
> > are gigantic,no matter what options i tinker within mame(aspect
> > ratio,resolution,triple buffering etc)the screen will always be that big.hope its
> > clearer now
>
> I'm not digging through your youtube videos for a specific one. Honestly Youtube
> videos are just about useless. Please take pictures and post them if you need help
> with a specific issue.

a little uptight ,aren't we?what did i wrote to make you so angry...anyway i can post photos of the monitor from the back,under the board,over the board etc,let's see if you find anything,becaue maybe i'm blind at this point.

point 2:the monitor is double frequency,but i don't have a manual for it so i don't know which frequencies it supports.i've been told by other people to check the jumper in the back of the monitor like you did,problem is that i can't find any,and personally i' m scared to touch anything that's on the back of the monitor,so i have to take a torchlight and see where it could be .usually they used to write the model or the brand of it in the power supply,like
in my hantarex polo,but this is completely anonimous.

point 3 :i have like 4 or 5 videos,that lasts 30 secnod at worst,but i'll take a picture of it,although it will be hard to understand what's happening exactly



Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Posts: 705
Send PM


Re: FFFFfffbbbbbrrrthhhp....here we go again.... new [Re: Solstar]
#234188 - 09/21/10 10:38 PM Attachment: SP_A0115.jpg 338 KB (0 downloads)


finally found something under the the plate hidden under the board

now..am i missing something?? 50\60 hz?what is that,a goddamn pc monitor??i looked for a vga plug just in case but nothing..

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Edited by Solstar (09/21/10 10:40 PM)



italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Posts: 15235
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM


Re: FFFFfffbbbbbrrrthhhp....here we go again.... new [Re: Solstar]
#234203 - 09/22/10 02:52 AM


> a little uptight ,aren't we?what did i wrote to make you so angry...anyway i can post
> photos of the monitor from the back,under the board,over the board etc,let's see if
> you find anything,becaue maybe i'm blind at this point.

Yes, indeed. We try to help here, but it gets old really quick when multiple requests for simple things that could "help us help you" go ignored. You are just one in a long line lately.

I just don't understand why you couldn't have said "I don't see anything" two weeks ago instead of ignoring the point and asking a similar question to the first as a reply.

> point 2:the monitor is double frequency,but i don't have a manual for it so i don't
> know which frequencies it supports.i've been told by other people to check the jumper
> in the back of the monitor like you did,problem is that i can't find any,and
> personally i' m scared to touch anything that's on the back of the monitor,so i have
> to take a torchlight and see where it could be .usually they used to write the model
> or the brand of it in the power supply,like
> in my hantarex polo,but this is completely anonimous.

It would make logical sense that if you are seemingly having resolution issues, that you'd know what resolution your monitor accepts. In order to have that info, you'll need to know a model number or family. We're now back to the original question, lets get it answered first. If you don't see numbers, post pictures and we'll try to figure this out. We aren't asking you to touch ANYTHING at this point, just stick a camera up your cabinets rear and snap a picture.

> point 3 :i have like 4 or 5 videos,that lasts 30 secnod at worst,but i'll take a
> picture of it,although it will be hard to understand what's happening exactly

There is no point to videos. They are always lower resolution, shaky, poorly lit, horrible glare...and often never show the items asked about. Every time we ask for a picture here, and get a video in return I abandon the thread. Making us search for those videos is just rude.



italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Posts: 15235
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM


Re: FFFFfffbbbbbrrrthhhp....here we go again.... new [Re: Solstar]
#234214 - 09/22/10 05:13 AM Attachment: SLR.jpg 41 KB (0 downloads)


> finally found something under the the plate hidden under the board
>
> now..am i missing something?? 50\60 hz?what is that,a goddamn pc monitor??i looked
> for a vga plug just in case but nothing..

Intervideo monitors are elusive SOB's. They pop up from time to time, but nobody seems to know anything about them. The only documentation I've ever seen is a picture of the manual cover.

I do know that intervideo monitors don't like to be over driven.

I can assume that one of your two frequencies is 25Khz, as you stated that windows works at 25Khz. Your other res would have to be either 37Khz or 15Khz. If I recall correctly Naiomi used either 37Khz or 15Khz, so it could be either. I wouldn't want to run at 25Khz if given the choice, but 15Khz or 37Khz would be fine.


I would try to get a shot of the chassis (the actual circuit board) , it might be the only way to determine what exactly to try next.

Also, are your H and V sync wires tied together?

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment



Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Posts: 705
Send PM


Re: FFFFfffbbbbbrrrthhhp....here we go again.... new [Re: italie]
#234231 - 09/22/10 12:14 PM


found the manual,it has the schematics etc

http://www.romscanner.com/download/Arcad...l%20-lowres.pdf

the monitor appears to be a 15\25 only,according to page 5.also,looking at the schematics and how to change from 15 to 25,it seems that there's no swtich or jumoper for doing so



italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Posts: 15235
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM


Re: FFFFfffbbbbbrrrthhhp....here we go again.... new [Re: Solstar]
#234242 - 09/22/10 02:22 PM


> found the manual,it has the schematics etc
>
> http://www.romscanner.com/download/Arcad...l%20-lowres.pdf
>
> the monitor appears to be a 15\25 only,according to page 5.also,looking at the
> schematics and how to change from 15 to 25,it seems that there's no swtich or jumoper
> for doing so

Good job on sourcing the manual. While I'm not believing what I am reading, it appears your "switch" from 25Khz to 15Khz is more of an 'adjustment procedure'. Follow the steps on pages 7-9 and you should be good to go.

If you can't get to those trim pots, you may have to do this with the monitor removed.



Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Posts: 705
Send PM


Re: FFFFfffbbbbbrrrthhhp....here we go again.... new [Re: italie]
#234266 - 09/22/10 04:39 PM


> > found the manual,it has the schematics etc
> >
> >
> http://www.romscanner.com/download/Arcad...l%20-lowres.pdf
> >
> > the monitor appears to be a 15\25 only,according to page 5.also,looking at the
> > schematics and how to change from 15 to 25,it seems that there's no swtich or
> jumoper
> > for doing so
>
> Good job on sourcing the manual. While I'm not believing what I am reading, it
> appears your "switch" from 25Khz to 15Khz is more of an 'adjustment procedure'.
> Follow the steps on pages 7-9 and you should be good to go.
>
> If you can't get to those trim pots, you may have to do this with the monitor
> removed.
yeah i couldn't believe that as well when i first read it..if i got eletrocuted you'll know why...teh trimmers are outside the cabinet with a prolonge



Bally
Regular
Reged: 11/25/03
Posts: 398
Loc: Norway
Send PM


Re: FFFFfffbbbbbrrrthhhp....here we go again.... new [Re: Solstar]
#234318 - 09/22/10 11:25 PM


> found the manual,it has the schematics etc
>
> http://www.romscanner.com/download/Arcad...l%20-lowres.pdf
>
> the monitor appears to be a 15\25 only,according to page 5.also,looking at the
> schematics and how to change from 15 to 25,it seems that there's no swtich or jumoper
> for doing so

LOL...i have shit loads of thouse at work...and they are all bad !

It is an auto switch model..it will switch from 15/25 when needed.



Three swiss witch-bitches, which wished to be switched swiss
witch-bitches,wish to watch three swiss Swatch watch switches. Which swiss
witch-bitch which wishes to be a switched swiss witch-bitch, wishes to
watch which swiss Swatch watch switch?



Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Posts: 705
Send PM


Re: FFFFfffbbbbbrrrthhhp....here we go again.... new [Re: Bally]
#234321 - 09/23/10 12:09 AM


> > found the manual,it has the schematics etc
> >
> >
> http://www.romscanner.com/download/Arcad...l%20-lowres.pdf
> >
> > the monitor appears to be a 15\25 only,according to page 5.also,looking at the
> > schematics and how to change from 15 to 25,it seems that there's no swtich or
> jumoper
> > for doing so
>
> LOL...i have shit loads of thouse at work...and they are all bad !
>
> It is an auto switch model..it will switch from 15/25 when needed.

how exactly?



Bally
Regular
Reged: 11/25/03
Posts: 398
Loc: Norway
Send PM


Re: FFFFfffbbbbbrrrthhhp....here we go again.... new [Re: Solstar]
#234322 - 09/23/10 12:16 AM


> > > found the manual,it has the schematics etc
> > >
> > >
> >
> http://www.romscanner.com/download/Arcad...l%20-lowres.pdf
> > >
> > > the monitor appears to be a 15\25 only,according to page 5.also,looking at the
> > > schematics and how to change from 15 to 25,it seems that there's no swtich or
> > jumoper
> > > for doing so
> >
> > LOL...i have shit loads of thouse at work...and they are all bad !
> >
> > It is an auto switch model..it will switch from 15/25 when needed.
>
> how exactly?

It senses the input signal and you can see it on the LED on the board GREEN is 15Khz and RED is 25Khz

We used them to replace Hantarex monitors when they died...but only to find out that Inter Video did not last any loonger.....

We still have some new ones:

http://www.parts4pinballs.com/index.php?...1dde395d704dd34



Three swiss witch-bitches, which wished to be switched swiss
witch-bitches,wish to watch three swiss Swatch watch switches. Which swiss
witch-bitch which wishes to be a switched swiss witch-bitch, wishes to
watch which swiss Swatch watch switch?



Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Posts: 705
Send PM


Re: FFFFfffbbbbbrrrthhhp....here we go again.... new [Re: Bally]
#234374 - 09/23/10 11:59 AM


> > > > found the manual,it has the schematics etc
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
> http://www.romscanner.com/download/Arcad...l%20-lowres.pdf
> > > >
> > > > the monitor appears to be a 15\25 only,according to page 5.also,looking at the
> > > > schematics and how to change from 15 to 25,it seems that there's no swtich or
> > > jumoper
> > > > for doing so
> > >
> > > LOL...i have shit loads of thouse at work...and they are all bad !
> > >
> > > It is an auto switch model..it will switch from 15/25 when needed.
> >
> > how exactly?
>
> It senses the input signal and you can see it on the LED on the board GREEN is 15Khz
> and RED is 25Khz
>
> We used them to replace Hantarex monitors when they died...but only to find out that
> Inter Video did not last any loonger.....
>
> We still have some new ones:
>
> http://www.parts4pinballs.com/index.php?...1dde395d704dd34

ah yeah i noticed that green\red led inside the board,but i can assure you that the color it change its completely random.sometime when i turn it on is red,other times is green.. o_O


Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4595