View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Boogie
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/24/06
Send PM

Hantarex Polo/2 15-25kHz Help!
#237603 - 10/29/10 12:26 AM

Hello guys n gals, I want to use the above monitor at 25khz in mame not just at 15kHz which it does now. As its auto switching does that mean if I install tri-sync then I will be able to access these other modes as well as the standard modes and will it do this on the fly. I have a arcadevga (version 1) with Jpac and read that the jpac has a switch to allow 25khz mode, do I need to set this as well as install tri-sync, Will try-sync cause problems in 25khz mode, as I think this type of monitor is dual sync only if there such a thing
Thanks in advance

Dave

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

One question.... new [Re: Boogie]
#237605 - 10/29/10 12:47 AM

> Hello guys n gals, I want to use the above monitor at 25khz in mame not just at 15kHz
> which it does now. As its auto switching does that mean if I install tri-sync then I
> will be able to access these other modes as well as the standard modes and will it do
> this on the fly. I have a arcadevga (version 1) with Jpac and read that the jpac has
> a switch to allow 25khz mode, do I need to set this as well as install tri-sync, Will
> try-sync cause problems in 25khz mode, as I think this type of monitor is dual sync
> only if there such a thing
> Thanks in advance
>
> Dave

Why in the heck would you ~want~ to use 25K?

Boogie
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/24/06
Send PM

Re: One question.... new [Re: italie]
#237673 - 10/29/10 10:02 PM

to play medium res games, maybe view windows better (have to check if thats possible). I'm not the only one who's surely asked this.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: One question.... new [Re: Boogie]
#237683 - 10/30/10 12:28 AM

> to play medium res games, maybe view windows better (have to check if thats
> possible). I'm not the only one who's surely asked this.

Unless you are going to use an original medium res PCB, this isn't necessary and just begging for issues in a windows environment.

It can be done if you must, but you might want to get a second opinion on your reasoning for doing so....

RetroRepair
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/21/09
Send PM

Re: One question.... new [Re: italie]
#237774 - 10/31/10 11:47 PM

If the monitor is truely auto switching you'd just need to run your emulator (M2 for example) at the native resolution and your monitor should just sync. MAME will downscale 25khz images to an interlaced 15k image unless you use cabMAME by sailorsat.

Most dual res monitors I have seen though have a manual jumper on the chassis for switching and if that's the case I'd forget about it. It's too much hastle like italie says.

http://www.youtube.com/retrorepair

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 5412