View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

thehuntsmen5434
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/13/11
Send PM

Emulators picking up Z axis
#257012 - 06/10/11 10:36 PM

I got a Keywiz PCB from Groovygamergear.com And the way it works for the joysticks is one joystick is X and Y axis and the second one is Z and (forgot the other name) axis.

The problem is on most emulators when using setting the inputs, it doesn't detect the Z axis at all. Is there a way to get around this? Has anyone experimented with a joystick to keyboard program and just set that axis to simple keyboard buttons like WASD?

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

Re: Emulators picking up Z axis new [Re: thehuntsmen5434]
#257015 - 06/10/11 11:00 PM

Off the top of my head I remember using a Wii Classic Control for MAME and other emulators. Actually a few did support the use of the Z and Z Rotation (often used for the second analogue), even MAME and others.

Can you list which emulators youu used and what joystick?

To configure a standard joystick to use WASD is probably possible but needs certain work-arounds. Using non-PC joysticks like the Wii CC as I have, you can optionally code out the analogue in PIE in favour of Digital outputs or WASD.

EDIT: Need to buy something with caffine in it..

Edited by Naoki (06/10/11 11:02 PM)

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#257018 - 06/10/11 11:14 PM

> I got a Keywiz PCB from Groovygamergear.com And the way it works for the joysticks is
> one joystick is X and Y axis and the second one is Z and (forgot the other name)
> axis.
>
> The problem is on most emulators when using setting the inputs, it doesn't detect the
> Z axis at all. Is there a way to get around this? Has anyone experimented with a
> joystick to keyboard program and just set that axis to simple keyboard buttons like
> WASD?

MAME does support the Z axis in most cases. What emulator were you specifically having trouble with?

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

#257019 - 06/11/11 12:01 AM

> I got a Keywiz PCB from Groovygamergear.com And the way it works for the joysticks is
> one joystick is X and Y axis and the second one is Z and (forgot the other name)
> axis.
>
> The problem is on most emulators when using setting the inputs, it doesn't detect the
> Z axis at all. Is there a way to get around this? Has anyone experimented with a
> joystick to keyboard program and just set that axis to simple keyboard buttons like
> WASD?

You could probably use something like joy2key, it should allow you to remap every available button and axis to keys. Disable joystick input in MAME (and your other emulators) to avoid conflicts when using it.

Downside to this is you lose analog joystick control.

S

thehuntsmen5434
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/13/11
Send PM

#257042 - 06/11/11 06:53 AM

Specifically ZSNES doesn't pick up the Z axis. so I have no movement for one of the players. I haven't tried it on KGENS or whatever I got for the nes emu.

I might just try the joy2key.

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

#257053 - 06/11/11 05:06 PM

> Specifically ZSNES doesn't pick up the Z axis. so I have no movement for one of the
> players. I haven't tried it on KGENS or whatever I got for the nes emu.
>
> I might just try the joy2key.

You might have to use external programs like Sune mentioned for ZSNES.

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#257228 - 06/13/11 05:18 PM

> Specifically ZSNES doesn't pick up the Z axis. so I have no movement for one of the
> players. I haven't tried it on KGENS or whatever I got for the nes emu.
>
> I might just try the joy2key.

You might try bsnes instead - it's got much better SNES emulation, and the peripheral support's also very good.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3019