MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Projammer
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/21/05
Send PM

Control panel layout.
#262405 - 08/17/11 10:53 PM

Just looking for some advise on control panels.

I really don't care for the look of frankenpanels so my plan is either to have changeable control panels or a rotating one.

I figure the primary board should be two 8-way sticks with 6 buttons each. A second would be a combination trackball and spinner and maybe a 4-way. No real plans beyond that.

I've found some layouts online, but they're mostly unclear about button functions or aren't really what I'm looking for. Plus some information overload trying to sort through everything I'm turning up.

So I'm looking for some suggestions for boards or links to organized collections.

Thanks again!

Orc
A Motivated, Liquidated Nightmare..... Like A Baby With A Laser On A Rocking Chair
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Dorset, UK
Send PM

Re: Control panel layout. new [Re: Projammer]
#262544 - 08/20/11 02:40 AM

Have a look on byoac.....

Franken panels piss me off as well.....But if you are a fan of various types of games then there is not a lot of options......

Rotating panels can be a pain in the arse to build...Not to mention the wiring and interfaces required.....

Just depends on if you are building it for yourself...To play yourself....Or showing it off to friends......

A be all and end all of a multi genre cabinet always looks a piece of shit in my opinion.....

Just my tuppence...

This is what happens when cabby no fitty through door...
http://orc.mameworld.info

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

#262567 - 08/20/11 06:57 AM

Well, take a look at Millercade. Rotating panels are a huge pita, so don't go there unless you're uber-motivated. I could have easily build three cabs, one for each cp, in less time than it tok to build one rotating panel cab.

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

#262607 - 08/20/11 09:06 PM Attachment: arcade control panel template.gif 239 KB (1 downloads)

I'll just leave this here and let others argue the pros and cons if they wish.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

AeroCityMayor
Entity formerly known as alien_mame
Reged: 11/11/03
Loc: Wakefield, West Yorks, UK.
Send PM

Re: Control panel layout. new [Re: aavada]
#262611 - 08/20/11 10:16 PM

> I'll just leave this here and let others argue the pros and cons if they wish.

Hmmm, me likey!

Downloaded for posterity!

Cheers aavada,

Ralph.

Coherance of posts inversely proportional to Foster's consumption!!!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4317