Public releases of snapshots will be announced on the News Submission Board

Frontend Tech + >> progetto-SNAPS
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

OldSchoolGamer
Reged: 10/12/11
Loc: New Jersey & New York
Send PM

Would you like numerous cabinet images that are missing from Progetto-SNAPS downloads?
#266319 - 10/14/11 08:13 AM Attachment: Rambo3.PNG 73 KB (4 downloads)

I have numerous images that are missing from Progetto-SNAPS. The images are mostly cabinets and marquees. An example would be the cabinet image of the old 1989 "Rambo III." I have about 50 more images of cabinets and marquees that are not included in the downloads from Progetto-SNAPS. Would you be interested in any of them? I have attached the "Rambo III" cabinet image as an example.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

AntoPISAModerator
MAME Snapper
Reged: 09/15/08
Loc: Pisa, Italy
Send PM

Re: Would you like numerous cabinet images that are missing from Progetto-SNAPS downloads? new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#266351 - 10/14/11 04:45 PM

Each contribution is always welcome!
Collect your images in a package, upload it on some file hosting service and send me the link by e-mail; will verify your images and will add to the project.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Site: https://www.progettosnaps.net/
Board: progetto-SNAPS Official Board
Blog: progetto-SNAPS Official Blog
Twitter: @progettosnaps

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: Would you like numerous cabinet images that are missing from Progetto-SNAPS downloads? new [Re: AntoPISA]
#266390 - 10/15/11 01:25 AM

> Each contribution is always welcome!
> Collect your images in a package, upload it on some file hosting service and send me
> the link by e-mail; will verify your images and will add to the project.
>
> I look forward to hearing from you.

Ok, I will do that.

Was that example of the old 1989 "Rambo III" cabinet image helpful/useful to you? Is the quality of that image acceptable?

Because people over at the arcade-flyers website will only accept super high quality images of flyers. Most of my images of cabinets and marquees are not super high quality. It's kind of hard to get a hold of super high quality images of rare arcade cabinets.

P.S. If you ever stumble across the cabinet image of the extremely rare arcade game "Nemo", please let me know. I've been wanting to see what that game's cabinet looks like my whole life. Stiletto said that he doesn't think it had a dedicated cabinet and that it was probably a conversion kit or something like that. He's probably right. I'm not exactly sure if I remember this correctly, but I could have sworn reading somewhere that the "Nemo" arcade game was part of an arcade cabinet that had two other games included in it. You know how that arcade game "Three Wonders" has three games in it, well I thought I remember reading that "Nemo" was like that in regards to the game being included with two other games. But unlike "Three Wonders", "Nemo" had no relation to the other two games that were included in it. I'm not sure if "Nemo" had it's own PCB or if it shared a PCB with the other two games. Meaning, I'm not sure if there was a total of 3 PCBs, one for each of the three games. Or if there was just one PCB that had all three games on it. I can't remember where I read that information from and have no clue if it's accurate and/or if I'm remembering what I read correctly. If you have any information regarding "Nemo", I'd really like to hear it.

AntoPISAModerator
MAME Snapper
Send PM

Re: Would you like numerous cabinet images that are missing from Progetto-SNAPS downloads? new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#266480 - 10/15/11 11:17 PM

I will look for quality when I see your pictures.
I look forward to hearing from you ...

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: Would you like numerous cabinet images that are missing from Progetto-SNAPS downloads? new [Re: AntoPISA]
#266495 - 10/16/11 02:26 AM

Yes, ofcourse you will look for quality. But you never answered my question:

Was that example of the old 1989 "Rambo III" cabinet image helpful/useful to you? Meaning, is the quality of that image acceptable?

AntoPISAModerator
MAME Snapper
Send PM

#266563 - 10/16/11 06:41 PM

130x252 pixels it's too small...

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

#270479 - 12/08/11 03:49 AM

I have the following images that are missing from progetto-SNAPS:

124 Cabinets (37 Mb)

189 Control Panels (40 Mb)

209 Marquees (36 Mb)

I've obtained these images from searching the internet vigorously. Some of the websites where I found them include: Arcade-Museum Forum, Arcade-Flyers, eBay, multiple sites that sell arcade games, and many other websites. In regards to Arcade-Flyers, some images were cropped out of their arcade flyers.

How can I send you these images? I am not registered to any file sharing network/website. And I don't really want to join one. Is there some other way I can send them? How many megabytes does some of the free email services let you send? All the images total file size is about 113 Mb.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

#270503 - 12/08/11 03:58 PM

> I have the following images that are missing from progetto-SNAPS:
>
> 124 Cabinets (37 Mb)
>
> 189 Control Panels (40 Mb)
>
> 209 Marquees (36 Mb)
>
> I've obtained these images from searching the internet vigorously. Some of the
> websites where I found them include: Arcade-Museum Forum, Arcade-Flyers, eBay,
> multiple sites that sell arcade games, and many other websites. In regards to
> Arcade-Flyers, some images were cropped out of their arcade flyers.
>
> How can I send you these images? I am not registered to any file sharing
> network/website. And I don't really want to join one. Is there some other way I can
> send them? How many megabytes does some of the free email services let you send? All
> the images total file size is about 113 Mb.

That'd be around 6 emails on GMail if spanned properly.

Most file sharing sites have no registration required. Here's one.
http://www.sendspace.com/

Many more: http://theheatweb.com/great-list-free-file-hosting-sites/

- Stiletto

AntoPISAModerator
MAME Snapper
Send PM

Re: Would you like numerous cabinet images that are missing from Progetto-SNAPS downloads? new [Re: Stiletto]
#270511 - 12/08/11 05:17 PM

Alternatively you can also use: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/
that allows you to upload the files on multiple hosts.

I wait for your packages!

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

#270532 - 12/09/11 01:01 AM

Ok. I will be sending it to your email address (progettosnaps@gmail.com) within the next week. I will send you a private message on this forum before I send you the images, to let you know what my email address will be so you can be expecting it from that email.

AntoPISAModerator
MAME Snapper
Send PM

#270554 - 12/09/11 12:03 PM

Perfect, I'm waiting...

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#274201 - 01/27/12 04:35 AM

> Perfect, I'm waiting...

Did you ever receive these?

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: Would you like numerous cabinet images that are missing from Progetto-SNAPS downloads? new [Re: B2K24]
#274206 - 01/27/12 05:46 AM

I didn't forget about it. I started zipping the files. They are on my flash drive at my other residence in the city. I will be going to the city this weekend and I will retrieve them and definitely make sure I send them to Progetto. Sorry for the delay. Real life priorities interfered. But by the end of the weekend, they will be sent.

AntoPISAModerator
MAME Snapper
Send PM

#274279 - 01/27/12 10:23 PM

There is no hurry, look happy...

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> progetto-SNAPS
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  AntoPISA 
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 5898