MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Kuehnau
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/09/11
Send PM

Question about control hardware
#290223 - 06/25/12 08:58 PM

I recently bought a zippy joystick and an assortment of buttons from Jamma Boards.

I just got everything in the mail today and while looking at the joystick I noticed one of the terminals on the bottom of the joystick is at an angle while the rest of them are straight. Is this by design or did one of my terminals get bent? It should be a 4 to 8 way joystick.

Also, how do I know which direction is the terminal supposed to represent, or do I just decide that on my own? The joystick came loose, without a box or instructions, wrapped in bubble wrap.

Thanks

Edited by Kuehnau (06/25/12 08:58 PM)

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: Question about control hardware new [Re: Kuehnau]
#290252 - 06/26/12 02:32 AM

> Also, how do I know which direction is the terminal supposed to represent

Doesn't matter I think, but to clear any doubt take a photo of the stick and attach it so we can see what it looks like.

I guess you can mount it any way you like and then wire the switches to the appropriate inputs on your IPAC or jamma harness or whatever you're using, according to how you mounted the stick of course.

S

Kuehnau
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Question about control hardware new [Re: Sune]
#290278 - 06/26/12 03:53 PM

Thanks

Now that I think about it, I was wondering...

I have a generic PC Mame / PS3 to Arcade Controller USB interface kit. the laptop I am using to power my MAME cabinet can't go online for whatever reason.

Am I going to need to be connected to the internet to get the proper drivers?

Sune
Connected
Send PM

#290293 - 06/26/12 09:01 PM

> Thanks
>
> Now that I think about it, I was wondering...
>
> I have a generic PC Mame / PS3 to Arcade Controller USB interface kit. the laptop I
> am using to power my MAME cabinet can't go online for whatever reason.
>
> Am I going to need to be connected to the internet to get the proper drivers?

Dude...just plug it in and see what happens. Open the Windows game controller control panel. If the stick appears there and all buttons are working, then it will work in MAME as well.

If it turns out that it needs a driver, download it to a flash drive on another computer, then take it to your laptop. duh!

S

Kuehnau
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Question about control hardware new [Re: Sune]
#290299 - 06/26/12 10:44 PM

Well now I feel like I need to explain something.

1. Due to size restraints I store the cabinet at a friends house and can only go there on the weekend to work on it.

2. The keyboard encoder I got doesn't have a name brand and I haven't been able to find a driver for it online.

That's why I am asking these questions.

Sune
Connected
Send PM

#290303 - 06/27/12 12:39 AM

> 1. Due to size restraints I store the cabinet at a friends house and can only go
> there on the weekend to work on it.

And there are no other computers and no internet at your friend's house?
You're just going to have to download the whole internet and take it with you then.

Be creative. Does the laptop have Wi-Fi?

> 2. The keyboard encoder I got doesn't have a name brand and I haven't been able to
> find a driver for it online.

It should work right away, like a regular keyboard does.

S

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2576