MAMEWorld >> Hardware
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

excusemeprincess
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/02/12
Posts: 8
Send PM


Monitor problem (horizontal squishing)
#293438 - 08/07/12 03:15 PM


I'm running Windows XP on my machine with a radeon hd 4850 DVI video card with soft15khz. The monitor is brand new, before I bought it I saw it working perfectly. The moment I plug it into my PC which was already running at 15khz I get this


This image was actually taken with the machine running at 31khz. In 31khz the image keeps it's consistancy but is squished. in 15khz the image "bends" at the edges. That is with 15khz 640x680@60hz interlaced.


No matter what khz I try (it's a trisync monitor) or resolution 640x480 or 800x600 same issue. Now this is through a VGA connection from the PC to the monitor.

If I plug in the RGB connection from the machine to my chassis and run the signal through my minimaid (like a jpac but for a DDR machine spacifically) my monitor shows a message that says "Signal out of range"

Does anyone have ANY idea how to fix this?

Edited by excusemeprincess (08/07/12 03:19 PM)



Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Posts: 1998
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM


Re: Monitor problem (horizontal squishing) new [Re: excusemeprincess]
#293451 - 08/07/12 09:14 PM


Try changing the horizontal size pot on the screen



----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!



excusemeprincess
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/02/12
Posts: 8
Send PM


Re: Monitor problem (horizontal squishing) new [Re: Naoki]
#293461 - 08/08/12 01:18 AM


It's maxed.



italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Posts: 15229
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM


Re: Monitor problem (horizontal squishing) new [Re: excusemeprincess]
#293476 - 08/08/12 03:58 AM


> I'm running Windows XP on my machine with a radeon hd 4850 DVI video card with
> soft15khz. The monitor is brand new, before I bought it I saw it working perfectly.
> The moment I plug it into my PC which was already running at 15khz I get this
>
>
> This image was actually taken with the machine running at 31khz. In 31khz the image
> keeps it's consistancy but is squished. in 15khz the image "bends" at the edges. That
> is with 15khz 640x680@60hz interlaced.
>
>
> No matter what khz I try (it's a trisync monitor) or resolution 640x480 or 800x600
> same issue. Now this is through a VGA connection from the PC to the monitor.
>
> If I plug in the RGB connection from the machine to my chassis and run the signal
> through my minimaid (like a jpac but for a DDR machine spacifically) my monitor shows
> a message that says "Signal out of range"
>
> Does anyone have ANY idea how to fix this?

1. Give us more information on the monitor other than "Trisync".

2. Remove the chassis, rework. I can't say more without better information, but I'd put good money that is where you are headed.



excusemeprincess
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/02/12
Posts: 8
Send PM


Re: Monitor problem (horizontal squishing) new [Re: italie]
#293480 - 08/08/12 04:38 AM


> > I'm running Windows XP on my machine with a radeon hd 4850 DVI video card with
> > soft15khz. The monitor is brand new, before I bought it I saw it working perfectly.
> > The moment I plug it into my PC which was already running at 15khz I get this
> >
> >
> > This image was actually taken with the machine running at 31khz. In 31khz the image
> > keeps it's consistancy but is squished. in 15khz the image "bends" at the edges.
> That
> > is with 15khz 640x680@60hz interlaced.
> >
> >
> > No matter what khz I try (it's a trisync monitor) or resolution 640x480 or 800x600
> > same issue. Now this is through a VGA connection from the PC to the monitor.
> >
> > If I plug in the RGB connection from the machine to my chassis and run the signal
> > through my minimaid (like a jpac but for a DDR machine spacifically) my monitor
> shows
> > a message that says "Signal out of range"
> >
> > Does anyone have ANY idea how to fix this?
>
> 1. Give us more information on the monitor other than "Trisync".
>
> 2. Remove the chassis, rework. I can't say more without better information, but I'd
> put good money that is where you are headed.

Kortek KT-2914F

What do you mean rework? Sorry I'm not too savvy with monitors.



italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Posts: 15229
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM


Re: Monitor problem (horizontal squishing) new [Re: excusemeprincess]
#293484 - 08/08/12 04:58 AM


> > > I'm running Windows XP on my machine with a radeon hd 4850 DVI video card with
> > > soft15khz. The monitor is brand new, before I bought it I saw it working
> perfectly.
> > > The moment I plug it into my PC which was already running at 15khz I get this
> > >
> > >
> > > This image was actually taken with the machine running at 31khz. In 31khz the
> image
> > > keeps it's consistancy but is squished. in 15khz the image "bends" at the edges.
> > That
> > > is with 15khz 640x680@60hz interlaced.
> > >
> > >
> > > No matter what khz I try (it's a trisync monitor) or resolution 640x480 or
> 800x600
> > > same issue. Now this is through a VGA connection from the PC to the monitor.
> > >
> > > If I plug in the RGB connection from the machine to my chassis and run the signal
> > > through my minimaid (like a jpac but for a DDR machine spacifically) my monitor
> > shows
> > > a message that says "Signal out of range"
> > >
> > > Does anyone have ANY idea how to fix this?
> >
> > 1. Give us more information on the monitor other than "Trisync".
> >
> > 2. Remove the chassis, rework. I can't say more without better information, but I'd
> > put good money that is where you are headed.
>
> Kortek KT-2914F
>
> What do you mean rework? Sorry I'm not too savvy with monitors.


Kortek info:

http://www.casinotech.com/kortek/support_materials/crt_support_material.html

Rework means to pull the monitor chassis (PCB board) and have new parts put into it. Generally capacitors get replaced, but sometimes transistors, resistors, pots, etc need replacing.

This is a common failure on this model, get it serviced and everything should be OK.



excusemeprincess
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/02/12
Posts: 8
Send PM


Re: Monitor problem (horizontal squishing) new [Re: italie]
#293504 - 08/08/12 12:33 PM


Hmm okay. I just don't get it though. It's band new. I saw it working literally 30 minutes before I put it in my machine. Just doesn't make sense that it would fail the instant I turned my machine on.



excusemeprincess
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/02/12
Posts: 8
Send PM


Re: Monitor problem (horizontal squishing) new [Re: excusemeprincess]
#293513 - 08/08/12 02:58 PM


I have someone coming to check it out today. Will update tonight with hopefully good news.



excusemeprincess
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/02/12
Posts: 8
Send PM


Re: Monitor problem (horizontal squishing) new [Re: italie]
#293530 - 08/08/12 07:16 PM


Wow just realized I type trisync not trires is what I meant.

It was a long day yesterday. Repairs should be happening soon. Will update. Wish me luck -_-


Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3893