Pages: 1

Kuehnau
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/09/11
Send PM

Anyone want to buy a Tetris PCB?
#311512 - 07/15/13 04:14 AM

Hello folks,

I don't know if this is the best location to have posted this, I tried to make an educated guess.

I am having an Tetris arcade cab delivered to my house at the end of this week, I will be using it in my MAME project.

I have been given the impression that the cabinet still works (monitor has some burn in). Most of the stuff I am going to be junking out and replacing.

Here's the question, the Tetris PCB still works, but I have no interest in saving it. Does anyone want to buy it from me? I was given pictures of the cabinet working and I'll test it when I get it to make sure it still works. It's a two player style cabinet and I am under the assumption it's ATARI.

I am asking $50.00 and that'll include UPS shipping.

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

Re: Anyone want to buy a Tetris PCB? new [Re: Kuehnau]
#311517 - 07/15/13 11:19 AM

> Hello folks,
>
> I don't know if this is the best location to have posted this, I tried to make an
> educated guess.
>
> I am having an Tetris arcade cab delivered to my house at the end of this week, I
> will be using it in my MAME project.
>
> I have been given the impression that the cabinet still works (monitor has some burn
> in). Most of the stuff I am going to be junking out and replacing.
>
> Here's the question, the Tetris PCB still works, but I have no interest in saving it.
> Does anyone want to buy it from me? I was given pictures of the cabinet working and
> I'll test it when I get it to make sure it still works. It's a two player style
> cabinet and I am under the assumption it's ATARI.
>
> I am asking $50.00 and that'll include UPS shipping.

Uhm, I'll start off saying we like preservation here so please don't destroy the cab for MAME's sake. This includes adding ridiculous amounts of buttons or destroying the original artwork. In fact there's a load of cabs which highlight what not to do.

Now it'd be ok if you left the cab in pretty much the same state (a few extra buttons won't hurt but you'll never need more than 6 per player). Not to discourage you but it's a real shame to have so many classics destroyed because of people wanting to use mame.

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

Kuehnau
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Anyone want to buy a Tetris PCB? new [Re: Naoki]
#311522 - 07/15/13 06:39 PM

Yeah, I already read about people like you.

The cabinet is in rough shape, both player joysticks no longer center, the monitor has sever burn in, the power cord is severely frayed. All of the keys are missing but everything was left unlocked.

I'll be gutting the whole thing, sanding it down and refinishing it. And honestly it looks like someone already started because it doesn't have the original bezel and one of the sides is missing all of the original cab art.

I could understand if this was a really rare cabinet or something, but Tetris is well known and I am sure there is more then an abundance of the cabinets still in existence.

And if I don't find anyone to buy the PCB, it'll most likely go in the trash. So there's your preservation.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#311523 - 07/15/13 06:54 PM

Hardly anyone here buys pcbs. You won't get any bites. I'd take it for the cost of shipping rather than see it trashed but that's it. If you want to sell it you need to use klov or ebay or some place where people regularly buy them.

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

#311524 - 07/15/13 07:08 PM

> I am asking $50.00 and that'll include UPS shipping.

I'd buy it from you if I didn't live in Brazil.

Good luck.

S

Kuehnau
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Anyone want to buy a Tetris PCB? new [Re: Smitdogg]
#311525 - 07/15/13 07:10 PM

Thanks Smitt, will do.

I paid a little over 200 for the cabinet so I am going to see if I can make anything back on it before I think about just giving it away.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#311526 - 07/15/13 07:14 PM

If it's an original Sega or Atari board there should be no problem selling it. You just need to put it in the right place, ebay or klov.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

#311577 - 07/17/13 04:14 AM

> And if I don't find anyone to buy the PCB, it'll most likely go in the trash. So
> there's your preservation.

Sell it on ebay. Put it as $50 on bid. See a person or more click on it. Better chance to get a little more out of it than $50.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

#311578 - 07/17/13 04:22 AM

> Yeah, I already read about people like you.
>
> The cabinet is in rough shape, both player joysticks no longer center, the monitor
> has sever burn in, the power cord is severely frayed. All of the keys are missing but
> everything was left unlocked.
>
> I'll be gutting the whole thing, sanding it down and refinishing it. And honestly it
> looks like someone already started because it doesn't have the original bezel and one
> of the sides is missing all of the original cab art.

And we've had plenty of people like you. Broken joysticks, monitor burn, lost keys, and frayed power cords do NOT make a thrashed cabinet.

Do what you want with it, but dickish comments to someone who was trying to say something politely is just bad form. 9/10 times the re-do on the cabinet looks like it was beaten with an ugly stick, something you could avoid if you took things with a little more consideration.

> I could understand if this was a really rare cabinet or something, but Tetris is well
> known and I am sure there is more then an abundance of the cabinets still in
> existence.

Not really.

> And if I don't find anyone to buy the PCB, it'll most likely go in the trash. So
> there's your preservation.

Seriously? Fuck off.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2464