Pages: 1

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Reged: 10/13/10
Loc: N.J.
Send PM

How to scan Marquees properly
#313920 - 09/03/13 04:44 PM

Hey Guys. Does anyone know a correct way to scan a marquee? A friend of mine is getting a Samurai Shodown marquee which looks in good condition but I never scanned one before. The only scanner I know of is the one on my printer. Would that work or would I have to get it done another way? Any tips would help me a lot. I would prefer to make it in Hi-Res if it's possible.

I’m convinced Mario is a hobo.
He wakes up everyday in the same clothes, runs around in sewers, and collects coins for a living.
At the end of the day, he uses the coins to buy mushrooms

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Reged: 08/07/05
Send PM

Re: How to scan Marquees properly new [Re: jumpmaniac81]
#313942 - 09/03/13 07:28 PM

If you don't have a big scanner, I would suggest you to have it scanned by professionals since larger scanners are quite expensive. But the results may vary depending on the scanner model they have.

I sent my brand new OEM uncropped Jail Break marquee to scan at a local shop and they couldn't scan it into a single piece because the scanner they have use a traction roller and since the marquee is made of plexi, it's slippery and the machine refused to grab it. So they scanned it in two pieces and tried to stitch it together later, but I had to throw it away and wasted my money. I just couldn't stitch both pieces together perfectly and now i'm looking for some other place to have it scanned again but into one single piece this time.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Mr. Do 
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2109