MAMEWorld >> Hardware
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

wild eyed
Corcreeghagh
Reged: 09/23/03
Posts: 80
Send PM


Weecade Project....
#315155 - 09/29/13 10:44 PM


Looking at building a weecade for my nephews and niece for christmas.
looking for something small to run mame, hoping to run Cps 2, NeoGeo and older.

I have been looking at the raspberry pi because its cheap, but not sure how the output would work if running to a 4:3 LCD

any alternatives to the raspberry or suggestions?

i have an old acer one here too, but im not sure how i would rewire the on button for that to work right....



italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Posts: 15229
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM


Re: Weecade Project.... new [Re: wild eyed]
#315162 - 09/30/13 03:49 AM


> Looking at building a weecade for my nephews and niece for christmas.
> looking for something small to run mame, hoping to run Cps 2, NeoGeo and older.
>
> I have been looking at the raspberry pi because its cheap, but not sure how the
> output would work if running to a 4:3 LCD
>
> any alternatives to the raspberry or suggestions?
>
> i have an old acer one here too, but im not sure how i would rewire the on button for
> that to work right....

rasberry pi isn't going to cut it.

This is more along the lines you'll be needing:

http://compare.ebay.com/like/271268571976?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hercules-600W-Ma...=item416a606919



R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Posts: 9690
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM


Re: Weecade Project.... new [Re: italie]
#315194 - 09/30/13 08:33 PM


> rasberry pi isn't going to cut it.
>
> This is more along the lines you'll be needing:
>
> http://compare.ebay.com/like/271268571976?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

For what he's talking about, I'd suggest something like this:

http://anandtech.com/show/7286/gigabyte-updates-brix-now-with-haswell

It's super-tiny but you can get quite decent CPU power for the space.



wild eyed
Corcreeghagh
Reged: 09/23/03
Posts: 80
Send PM


Re: Weecade Project.... new [Re: R. Belmont]
#315196 - 09/30/13 10:14 PM


i had a look at the Gigabyte Brix. very nice, but gonna do this budget style. i have an old pc here that may be of some use, other wise i'll use an old acer one with rewired power button.

this cab is only for cps 2 and older games, i can use an older version of mame if it helps. but no 3D for this weearcade



italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Posts: 15229
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM


Re: Weecade Project.... new [Re: R. Belmont]
#315203 - 10/01/13 02:38 AM


> > rasberry pi isn't going to cut it.
> >
> > This is more along the lines you'll be needing:
> >
> >
> http://compare.ebay.com/like/271268571976?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar
>
> For what he's talking about, I'd suggest something like this:
>
> http://anandtech.com/show/7286/gigabyte-updates-brix-now-with-haswell
>
> It's super-tiny but you can get quite decent CPU power for the space.

OH MY!

That is one nice little kit.



DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Posts: 3989
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM


Re: Weecade Project.... new [Re: R. Belmont]
#315226 - 10/01/13 07:53 AM


> For what he's talking about, I'd suggest something like this:
>
> http://anandtech.com/show/7286/gigabyte-updates-brix-now-with-haswell
>
> It's super-tiny but you can get quite decent CPU power for the space.

Ooooooh.... shiny.


Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3768