View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

knightbringr
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/27/14
Send PM

CRT - just black screen using Groovy Arcade with Arch Linux
#335469 - 12/27/14 06:51 AM

Bought an MAME arcade machine using Groovy Arcade a few months ago. Was working fine. Now having an issue where the CRT just stays on a black screen with slight flickering at the top. Ever since I bought it, it would do this at times when I would turn it on, but after 5-10 min it would "catch" and then start working fine with pic. Sound always worked fine. I've left it on for as long as an hour and it just stays at a black screen now.

I've always had windows. Never touched Linux before so don't know how to begin troubleshooting. I googled how to determine distro and it's 3.7.7-1-arch which I'm assuming is arch linux.

Any help or just pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

One more thing, the guy told me that the CRT monitor didn't always "sync right" with the JAMMA board and that's why it would be delayed a couple minutes. Don't know if that helps.

Edited by knightbringr (12/27/14 06:52 AM)

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

Re: CRT - just black screen using Groovy Arcade with Arch Linux new [Re: knightbringr]
#335485 - 12/27/14 11:49 PM

Sound like caps on the crt. Different set up but, I just had 1 go out on me that was doing the same thing.
Looks like the guy who sold it to you either didn't know or sold it just in time(for him!).
Easy enough to fix if that's the problem. I'm assuming that the computer(jamma board?) is still running just with no picture.

GL

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: CRT - just black screen using Groovy Arcade with Arch Linux new [Re: Bad A Billy]
#335604 - 01/01/15 07:52 AM

There's a computer in there, right? Or is it using a multi-board? If the former, there should be some jamma interface; disconnect that. No reason not to play games just cos one input source is bad.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2715