MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Posts: 16748
Send PM


France goes Berzerk
#338633 - 04/04/15 06:37 PM Attachment: Berzerk.jpg 605 KB (0 downloads)


The Arcade Vintage project from Spain dumped a France version of Berzerk with the synthesized voices in French.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment



B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Posts: 2634
Send PM


Re: France goes Berzerk new [Re: Smitdogg]
#338637 - 04/04/15 09:17 PM


Nice Rockman






gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/20/03
Posts: 7632
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM


Re: France goes Berzerk new [Re: Smitdogg]
#338650 - 04/05/15 02:52 AM


>Rockman dumped a France version of Berzerk with the synthesized voices in French.

Just need to find the Espanol language version to wrap this up of searching for Berzerk alternates.



Rockman
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/23/12
Posts: 31
Send PM


Re: France goes Berzerk new [Re: gregf]
#338660 - 04/05/15 05:04 AM


Sorry guys, but I only submitted the dump.

This preservation comes from Arcade Vintage project from Spain.

http://arcadevintageshop.blogspot.com.es/p/proyecto.html

Thanks. :-)

I'm still working to find the spanish voices version...



joey35car
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/06/07
Posts: 987
Loc: Oak Lawn Il USA
Send PM


Re: France goes Berzerk new [Re: Smitdogg]
#338717 - 04/06/15 08:09 PM


c'est seulement pour rire!!







dfrance
Crazed Collector
Reged: 09/22/03
Posts: 629
Loc: The Black
Send PM


It wouldn't be the first time.... new [Re: Smitdogg]
#338954 - 04/15/15 07:13 PM


I'm just that kind of crazy...

d. france



gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/20/03
Posts: 7632
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM


Re: It wouldn't be the first time.... new [Re: dfrance]
#338956 - 04/15/15 08:52 PM



>I'm just that kind of crazy

That bit is deserving of a cascading audience boos sound effect from Guitar Freaks.



*note for those unfamiliar: can be heard after playing very poorly and Guitar Freaks comes to a conclusion with "GAME OVER". *



SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Posts: 16748
Send PM


Re: It wouldn't be the first time.... new [Re: gregf]
#338957 - 04/15/15 10:04 PM


> > I'm just that kind of crazy
>
> That bit is deserving of a cascading audience boos

Not really, he's not joking. Just ask his wife...



dfrance
Crazed Collector
Reged: 09/22/03
Posts: 629
Loc: The Black
Send PM


Re: It wouldn't be the first time.... new [Re: Smitdogg]
#338987 - 04/16/15 06:49 PM


> > > I'm just that kind of crazy
> >
> > That bit is deserving of a cascading audience boos
>
> Not really, he's not joking. Just ask his wife...

Or, if you wanna chuckle about it just check this out (nothing a little Google-Fu wouldn't reveal):
http://www.judici.com/courts/cases/case_...25JL2014OP387P1

You ain't lived until you're served at work, in front of your boss.

NOTE: This restraining order was based on complete bullshit and was subsequently closed (and a gag order placed on her...thanks to a fellow Mason/Lawyer's handy work). Thanks to the Rock Island County Court System, however, that webpage will be out there forever (barring a Presidential Pardon).



Robbbert
Reged: 08/21/04
Posts: 2754
Loc: Land of Oz
Send PM


Re: It wouldn't be the first time.... new [Re: dfrance]
#338993 - 04/16/15 09:15 PM





Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/12/05
Posts: 4018
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM


Re: It wouldn't be the first time.... new [Re: Robbbert]
#338994 - 04/16/15 09:59 PM


> Access to the Judici.com free case search pages has been revoked for your IP address
> due to apparent violation of our Terms of Use.
>
> Never been to that site before, broken software sucks again...

Same here. Looks like they've blacklisted all of Aus.



jonwil
Lurker
Reged: 10/06/03
Posts: 497
Send PM


Re: It wouldn't be the first time.... new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#339012 - 04/17/15 10:28 AM


Not working for me either on a TPG account.



MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Posts: 1880
Send PM


Re: It wouldn't be the first time.... new [Re: jonwil]
#339017 - 04/17/15 12:19 PM


> Not working for me either on a TPG account.

Same, from two different Swedish IPs. I used the "Contact Us" page to send them the following:

"So apparently all of Sweden and all of Australia are banned for 'violations of your Terms of Use'. So are you guys xenophobic or just incompetent?"



MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Posts: 1880
Send PM


Response from the website new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#339037 - 04/17/15 04:07 PM


> > Not working for me either on a TPG account.
>
> Same, from two different Swedish IPs. I used the "Contact Us" page to send them the
> following:
>
> "So apparently all of Sweden and all of Australia are banned for 'violations of your
> Terms of Use'. So are you guys xenophobic or just incompetent?"

"Hello,

We have recently blocked all non-North American traffic to court data hosted on the Judici website. Judici is contractually obligated to take proactive measures to prevent the bulk dissemination of court data. Due to ongoing attempts to collect this information in bulk from sources outside the United States, as well as additional security concerns, we reluctantly took the step to block all foreign traffic.

Unfortunately, this has caused some legitimate consumers of court information to be blocked from accessing the case information on Judici. While we do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, we will not be restoring access to case information where the requests originate from outside North America.

You may still call or fax the individual Circuit Clerk's offices to inquire on a case. The following link will give you the mailing addresses and phone numbers for all the County Circuit Clerks in Illinois:

[redacted because I don't want to give these people business]

Sincerely,
Judici Support Staff"

In other words, "We're stereotypically lazy fuckwits who think that the entire world outside of ARE COUNTRY doesn't exist, and rather than do a more nuanced IP ban, we're just banning everyone other than good ol' 'Murrica!"



MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Posts: 1880
Send PM


My response new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#339039 - 04/17/15 04:33 PM


> "Hello,
>
> We have recently blocked all non-North American traffic to court data hosted on the
> Judici website. Judici is contractually obligated to take proactive measures to
> prevent the bulk dissemination of court data. Due to ongoing attempts to collect this
> information in bulk from sources outside the United States, as well as additional
> security concerns, we reluctantly took the step to block all foreign traffic.
>
> Unfortunately, this has caused some legitimate consumers of court information to be
> blocked from accessing the case information on Judici. While we do apologize for any
> inconvenience this may have caused you, we will not be restoring access to case
> information where the requests originate from outside North America.
>
> You may still call or fax the individual Circuit Clerk's offices to inquire on a
> case. The following link will give you the mailing addresses and phone numbers for
> all the County Circuit Clerks in Illinois:
>
> [redacted because I don't want to give these people business]
>
> Sincerely,
> Judici Support Staff"
>
> In other words, "We're stereotypically lazy fuckwits who think that the entire world
> outside of ARE COUNTRY doesn't exist, and rather than do a more nuanced IP ban, we're
> just banning everyone other than good ol' 'Murrica!"

"Hi,

I don't mean to sound flippant, but wouldn't it be a better idea for your IT people to earn their pay by blocking specific IP addresses or even /8 or /16 ranges rather than performing a blanket ban of all IPs originating outside of the USA? Somehow I doubt that your contractual obligations are as black-and-white as the choice between "Disseminate all court records to the Russkies" and "Let everyone from every country, including American expats, revel in their own filth and squalor outside of the guiding light of Uncle Sam, bereft of the valuable insight of Judici".

For what it's worth, the guy in charge of your IT department should be fired or at least given a stern talking-to, because with about 5 minutes' worth of searching on Google I was able to find an HTTP proxy that allowed me to view the desired record anyway, from my godless commie home here in Sweden. I can understand the desire to prohibit the bulk scraping of data, but let's be honest here, preventing all and sundry from accessing your site out of some sense of security is counter-productive - it's just going to galvanize people to try to find a way around your lackadaisical security. For that matter, any live individual who wants to access the site is going to do so anyway via the exact method I mentioned, and I would wager my next paycheck that any foreign data-mining company worth its salt is already using a domestic proxy.

If you really cared about the bulk collection of data, you would simply require users to register with your website and then login in order to view records, possibly with a captcha after a maximum number of queries has been exhausted. It might require more work from your IT staff, but it would at least justify their salaries - because with how things appear right now, they're probably just browsing the web for amusing pictures of cats most of the time for lack of anything better to do.

All the best,
-R"

We'll see what their response is, if they respond at all.



dfrance
Crazed Collector
Reged: 09/22/03
Posts: 629
Loc: The Black
Send PM


Re: It wouldn't be the first time.... new [Re: Robbbert]
#339040 - 04/17/15 06:01 PM Attachment: 4-17-2015 3-55-25 PM.jpg 290 KB (0 downloads)


> Access to the Judici.com free case search pages has been revoked for your IP address
> due to apparent violation of our Terms of Use.
>
> Never been to that site before, broken software sucks again...

Slight redacted screen capture:

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment



dfrance
Crazed Collector
Reged: 09/22/03
Posts: 629
Loc: The Black
Send PM


Re: My response new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#339042 - 04/17/15 06:51 PM


> We'll see what their response is, if they respond at all.

Love it!



Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/12/05
Posts: 4018
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM


Re: My response new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#339057 - 04/18/15 12:48 AM


> We'll see what their response is, if they respond at all.

Hah, that's great. But it's kind of ironic considering mamedev.org is currently blocking all of China due to a few botnets.


Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Tafoid 
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4550