MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

L-Lawliet
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/27/15
Posts: 13
Send PM


A doubt about bezel
#345597 - 09/27/15 10:53 AM


Well im using Mame 0.165 and i want to know how to rename abezel to make it default for all games,if this was removed on recent versions then in wich version one was able to make only one bezel default for all games



Antolin
www.VCabinet.es
Reged: 02/07/12
Posts: 130
Loc: Spain
Send PM


Re: A doubt about bezel new [Re: L-Lawliet]
#345598 - 09/27/15 12:28 PM


You need to edit mame source code.
http://mrdo.mameworld.info/mame_artwork_generic.php



L-Lawliet
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/27/15
Posts: 13
Send PM


Re: A doubt about bezel new [Re: Antolin]
#345611 - 09/28/15 06:30 AM


This was present on an old version and was edited,i lurked the forum to see if there was a way and the answer was the default general bezel was removed on newer versions now i can be sure but i dont want to edit or compile so wich was the last version that allowed to use a general default bezel i dont care if is old because the compatibility it hasnt changed a lot and i only use kof97,kof98,mushihime sama and hat trick hero 93 those are the remaining machines i have and the compatibility hasnt changed too much since older versions on those games this is why i want to use a default bezel to fill the black borders on 16:9 mame,and i already had made the look of arcade on lcd so the remaining is filling some black borders and made a default bezel but for reasons of space i prefer only a default



Hydranger
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/16/15
Posts: 110
Loc: Australia
Send PM


Re: A doubt about bezel new [Re: L-Lawliet]
#345614 - 09/28/15 02:58 PM


Direct ALL bezel questions to me, I am this forums pre-eminent Bezel Scholar, I know fucking everything!



lamprey
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/01/11
Posts: 238
Send PM


Re: A doubt about bezel new [Re: L-Lawliet]
#345615 - 09/28/15 06:20 PM


> This was present on an old version and was edited,i lurked the forum to see if there
> was a way and the answer was the default general bezel was removed on newer versions
> now i can be sure but i dont want to edit or compile so wich was the last version
> that allowed to use a general default bezel i dont care if is old because the
> compatibility it hasnt changed a lot and i only use kof97,kof98,mushihime sama and
> hat trick hero 93 those are the remaining machines i have and the compatibility hasnt
> changed too much since older versions on those games this is why i want to use a
> default bezel to fill the black borders on 16:9 mame,and i already had made the look
> of arcade on lcd so the remaining is filling some black borders and made a default
> bezel but for reasons of space i prefer only a default

Are you saying you don't want to use the latest version or that you are not sure the latest version supports default bezels?

Let me assure you that the latest version DOES support default bezels for Vertial and Horizontal games that I know of for sure. It may support others, but I have not tried them. Just follow the link Antolin posted and you should be good to go!



L-Lawliet
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/27/15
Posts: 13
Send PM


Re: A doubt about bezel new [Re: lamprey]
#345617 - 09/28/15 09:26 PM


It doesnt i tried renaming to default,general,bezel and lots more but it wont work on the last version.
Besides all that the emulation is getting slower,so wich version was the one that allowed a general default bezel i remeber an old lost version i downloaded a few years ago that one used general default bezel it used default as name but in those times i didnt need a bezel because i conected to tv the pc (R.I.P disc) so i cant remember wich version was the one that used general default bezel



MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Posts: 2084
Send PM


Re: A doubt about bezel new [Re: L-Lawliet]
#345619 - 09/28/15 09:48 PM


> wich

wich

hasnt



Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Posts: 1002
Loc: Outland
Send PM


Re: A doubt about punctuation <NT> new [Re: L-Lawliet]
#345626 - 09/29/15 05:40 AM


Sorry, had to be done.



Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!



L-Lawliet
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/27/15
Posts: 13
Send PM


Re: A doubt about idiocy <NT> new [Re: Bad A Billy]
#345630 - 09/29/15 10:12 AM


Sorry had to be done.
Besides this is a forum not english class it doesnt matter how i writte smartass



Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Posts: 1002
Loc: Outland
Send PM


Re: A doubt about idiocy <NT> new [Re: L-Lawliet]
#345639 - 09/29/15 02:56 PM


nobutithelpstobecoherentsootherscanunderstandyourplighttoofferaresolution



Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!



krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Posts: 4235
Send PM


Re: A doubt about idiocy <NT> new [Re: L-Lawliet]
#345660 - 09/30/15 01:16 AM


> Besides this is a forum not english class it doesnt matter how i writte smartass

Good luck holding down a job when you eventually reach adulthood.



GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC



lamprey
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/01/11
Posts: 238
Send PM


Re: A doubt about bezel new [Re: L-Lawliet]
#345686 - 09/30/15 06:06 PM


> It doesnt i tried renaming to default,general,bezel and lots more but it wont work on
> the last version.
> Besides all that the emulation is getting slower,so wich version was the one that
> allowed a general default bezel i remeber an old lost version i downloaded a few
> years ago that one used general default bezel it used default as name but in those
> times i didnt need a bezel because i conected to tv the pc (R.I.P disc) so i cant
> remember wich version was the one that used general default bezel

I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions from that link and it worked for me. I'd have to double check when I get home to verify. Additionally, I just compiled the "arcade" (is that what it is called now?) variant of MAME and that was with 0164.


Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Mr. Do 
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2994