MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

superdave
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/17/16
Send PM

Need Help with Vectrex overlays in MAME ,180
#361809 - 12/26/16 08:23 PM Attachment: vectrex.lay.txt 10 KB (5 downloads)

The original issue I was having with the Vectrex overlays is the Minestorm overlay was pulling up for every game.

To try and fix this, I looked at the .png files, and yes, they were not named correctly so I renamed the files, then I went into the lay file where the names were not correct either, so I fixed this.

The problem wasn't fixed. The other thing I saw was that in the lay file, minestorm was the 1st on the list, so I cut and pasted it back down to its alphabetical order place on the list. now, no overlays show up.

I have attached the lay file for someone to take a look to see where I went backwards on this so I can get it fixed.

thanks in advance!

uman
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/15/12
Send PM

Re: Need Help with Vectrex overlays in MAME ,180 new [Re: superdave]
#361836 - 12/27/16 01:11 PM

There is no "automatic" way for the overlays. You can choose the right overlay by pressing TAB, then selecting the video-menue and pick the overlay you want for that game.

PS: you need to revert all your changes you did previously.

superdave
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/17/16
Send PM

Re: Need Help with Vectrex overlays in MAME ,180 new [Re: uman]
#361840 - 12/27/16 02:16 PM

Thanks Uman! I feel kinda dumb now!! Ive got it going now. It doesn't work at all like I " Thought " it should work. Its my first time setting up the console side of mame and I never played w/ mess before. Thanks for taking the time to reply!!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Mr. Do 
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1329