MAMEWorld >> Hardware
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Propdept
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/30/16
Send PM

HELP with Led Blinky and advice needed
#373517 - 01/29/18 06:48 AM Attachment: 6C3FC47F-C1A2-47E8-89A3-00B2C056A1B6.png 52 KB (0 downloads)

First of all let me apologize if I am posting this question in the wrong subsection

Let me first explain what I want to do.....

I am building an arcade game cabinet and I would like to use LED Blinky for accent lighting,
None of the buttons on my control panel will light up. LED Blinky does have one function I do want for MAME and that is, it announces the name of the game. This is something that I will incorporate into my cabinet.

In my game cabinet I have a jukebox program and I want to use LED Blinky for accent lighting using RGB tape light as seen below in my picture

In the next picture is how I want the RGBLED tape lights to be located

I think the setting “color intensity spectrum” will work perfectly for my cabinet. As the music is playing, the LED’s will create a “light organ effect”. The length of each LED rope light will be approximately 12 to 18inches long.

Now this is where I need your help, advice, and recommendations based on your wisdom!

1) What Led Board would you recommend based on my needs? I know that Ulitmarc Selsl two controllers The PAC LED 64 & the PAC Drive I am worried about the voltage needed to make three 18 to 24 inch RCG LED tape lights work. :badmood:

2 Will my idea work?

3 if so what must I buy to make it work?

I am NOT very versed on electronics. I understand voltages/watts/ adapter polarity but please understand my electronic electrical knowledge is limited. :dizzy:

I have been searching for the answer to this question for awhile without any help and I am appealing to anyone who reads this please reply and give me some assistance on this project. Again let me express my sincerest thanks for you to take out your time and read this post.

An y and all help and suggestions would be appreciated...
THANK YOU!!!!!!! :notworthy:

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Edited by Propdept (01/29/18 06:51 AM)

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: HELP with Led Blinky and advice needed new [Re: Propdept]
#373557 - 01/31/18 09:36 AM

> First of all let me apologize if I am posting this question in the wrong subsection
>
> Let me first explain what I want to do.....
>
> I am building an arcade game cabinet and I would like to use LED Blinky for accent
> lighting,
> None of the buttons on my control panel will light up. LED Blinky does have one
> function I do want for MAME and that is, it announces the name of the game. This is
> something that I will incorporate into my cabinet.
>
> In my game cabinet I have a jukebox program and I want to use LED Blinky for accent
> lighting using RGB tape light as seen below in my picture
>
> In the next picture is how I want the RGBLED tape lights to be located
>
> I think the setting “color intensity spectrum” will work perfectly for my cabinet. As
> the music is playing, the LED’s will create a “light organ effect”. The length of
> each LED rope light will be approximately 12 to 18inches long.
>
> Now this is where I need your help, advice, and recommendations based on your wisdom!
>
> 1) What Led Board would you recommend based on my needs? I know that Ulitmarc Selsl
> two controllers The PAC LED 64 & the PAC Drive I am worried about the voltage needed
> to make three 18 to 24 inch RCG LED tape lights work.
>
> 2 Will my idea work?
>
> 3 if so what must I buy to make it work?
>
> I am NOT very versed on electronics. I understand voltages/watts/ adapter polarity
> but please understand my electronic electrical knowledge is limited.
>
> I have been searching for the answer to this question for awhile without any help and
> I am appealing to anyone who reads this please reply and give me some assistance on
> this project. Again let me express my sincerest thanks for you to take out your time
> and read this post.
>
> An y and all help and suggestions would be appreciated...
> THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Go to here. Maybe they can help you. http://hyperspin-fe.com/forums/forum/164-cabinets-and-projects/

Also try here. http://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php

There is another website. I forgot about it.

You won't get that kind of help here.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Propdept
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/30/16
Send PM

Re: HELP with Led Blinky and advice needed new [Re: Dullaron]
#373582 - 02/01/18 03:56 AM

Dullaron
Let me take this opportunity to say that I am extremely grateful for your reply at least it is pointing me in the right direction and I thank you for that

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

#373591 - 02/01/18 04:50 AM

> Dullaron
> Let me take this opportunity to say that I am extremely grateful for your reply at
> least it is pointing me in the right direction and I thank you for that

No problem

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

GarRiney
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/27/18
Send PM

#377237 - 06/27/18 05:51 PM

Hi...according to me when describing the VR you put over-voltage protection twice, it looks like the second should be over-current protection.Also the wording of your sentence regarding the Hobbs seems to be correct but could be improved to make it more understandable.

percentage calculator

Edited by GarRiney (07/30/18 11:23 PM)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 849