View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

xinyingho
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/30/18
Send PM

Negatron v0.100.1
#386019 - 04/28/20 01:12 AM

The version 0.100.1 of Negatron, a MAME front-end, has just been released with new features.

Besides MAME internal UI, this is the only front-end that can manage all the configuration options of the emulated machines in MAME. In practice, it's often useless for arcade games but it's quite important for emulated consoles and computers.

To completely achieve this, Negatron needs to be coupled with NegaMAME, a fork that distinguishes itself from regular MAME only by adding the command line option -listmediaxml, which enables Negatron to access some information unavailable to third-party front-ends since MAME v0.186. In practice, you can simply copy negamame64.exe into your MAME install folder, everything else in the NegaMAME archive file is exactly the same as regular MAME.

Negatron's available at the Negatron webpage and NegaMAME at the NegaMAME webpage.

famigami
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/12/20
Send PM

Re: Negatron v0.100.1 new [Re: xinyingho]
#391781 - 09/03/21 04:18 AM

Negatron won't display the Apple II gs software lists, it only shows the regular Appple II lists.

NegaMAME displays and runs the Apple II software lists games just fine.

Has anyone found a way to play, for example, Alien Mind, on the Apple II GS?

xinyingho
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/30/18
Send PM

Re: Negatron v0.100.1 new [Re: famigami]
#391981 - 09/30/21 08:20 AM

Hum, you probably the same guy that asked this question on PD

So, I answer this again here as PD has closed down since. Apple II GS can take 5.25" and 3.5" floppies, floppy 1 or 2 for 5.25" and 3 or 4 for 3.5" if you don't change the emulated machine configuration. II GS floppies are in the 3.5" format, so you can only access them on floppy 3 and 4 by default.

URherenow
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Japan
Send PM

Re: Negatron v0.100.1 new [Re: xinyingho]
#392172 - 10/17/21 12:25 PM

1) The exe is dated 4/28/2020. Why?

2) Running it, it asked me for path info. I pointed it to negamame.exe, and such. But nothing happens after that.

3) I ran negamame.exe, which complained about "**Error loading plugin.ini", then proceeds to load the UI. I don't see a plugin.ini in the archive. Edit: I turned on cheats in the plugin menu, and it created the .ini.

Still, negatron shows the loading screen, then nothing. I had already installed an older version at one point, I guess, and chose the repair option. EDIT: Uninstalled it then reinstalled it. Same thing. It doesn't run. I thought it was a java problem and uninstalled/reinstalled java, but I downloaded the all-in-one file for negatron.

Running Windows 10, if that helps. Just installed the latest updates for it too, and tried again. Also installed the latest Java, the 17 SDK, and tried the universal package instead of the installer. Same behavior. Doesn't work, and doesn't tell me an error. While trying to load, a .log file is created, but immediately disappears.

Edit: sorry, I just realized that this thread has been necro-bumped. Guess the author lost interest 😞

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Tafoid 
1 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 587